collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1105996 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11652 on: October 30, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

This guy?    The guy banned from twitter?    Based on his track record, I think his disdain is probably its strongest selling point.

banned from twitter?  you're gonna use that as any credibility for what?  twitter, facebook etc are a joke

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11653 on: October 30, 2021, 08:50:02 PM »
7 of 10

Expletive and posting an article from January

show me where i'm wrong...on either points

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11654 on: October 30, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »
show me where i'm wrong...on either points

2 of 10, the ellipses help

Tower and numerous others have already shown vaccines are more effective than natural immunity. 

Also, Alex Berenson has been wrong about everything, so I could see why you like him

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11655 on: October 30, 2021, 09:00:11 PM »
go fack yourself

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/covid-vaccines-focus-on-the-spike-protein-but-heres-another-target?amp;amp

This article never states that natural immunity is better than vaccination.

It’s truly amazing how bad you are at this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #11656 on: October 30, 2021, 10:20:34 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-protection-covid-19-natural-immunity-cdc-study/

The latest actual science indicates that immunity from the vaccine is far better and longer lasting than natural immunity.   

Even if that wasn't the case, why is this such a topic?  People would rather go get COVID-19 so they have immunity than get a vaccine for immunity?

Every time I hear "natural immunity is better" used by someone thinking it's a flex, I don't get it.  It implies folks are gonna go out and get some of the good natual COVID immunity as a preference.  I'd run to get in line for a vaccine even if it was fractionally as effective as natural immunity.  Only a dumb-dumb would want to protect themselves by preferring getting infected with the very thing they are trying to protect themselves against.

(Aside: I haven't read the CDC study in question so don't have a point-of-view on it)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11657 on: October 30, 2021, 11:00:52 PM »
Even if that wasn't the case, why is this such a topic?  People would rather go get COVID-19 so they have immunity than get a vaccine for immunity?

Every time I hear "natural immunity is better" used by someone thinking it's a flex, I don't get it.  It implies folks are gonna go out and get some of the good natual COVID immunity as a preference.  I'd run to get in line for a vaccine even if it was fractionally as effective as natural immunity.  Only a dumb-dumb would want to protect themselves by preferring getting infected with the very thing they are trying to protect themselves against.

(Aside: I haven't read the CDC study in question so don't have a point-of-view on it)

Also, it has been shown that both having been infected, and getting vaccinated confers much much higher immunity that either having been infected, or having been vaccinated alone.

So even if you had already gotten COVID, you'd have to be of poor intelligence not to go out and get the vaccine.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11658 on: October 31, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

This guy?    The guy banned from twitter?    Based on his track record, I think his disdain is probably its strongest selling point.   

Should’ve tealed it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11659 on: October 31, 2021, 02:18:30 PM »

A lot of the people advocating for natural immunity think they're a lot healthier than they are.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11660 on: October 31, 2021, 02:54:37 PM »
Every time I hear "natural immunity is better" used by someone thinking it's a flex, I don't get it.  It implies folks are gonna go out and get some of the good natual COVID immunity as a preference. 
What? You don't think a good strategy is to catch COVID in order to protect yourself against ...catching COVID?

Roqqet doesn't have the critical thinking skills to figure this one out. But he heard his go-to health experts, Carlson and Ingraham, say it, so he thinks it is some sort of valid point.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11661 on: October 31, 2021, 03:55:31 PM »
A lot of the people advocating for natural immunity think they're a lot healthier than they are.

I think there is an element of that, but also people just getting natural immunity from a mild case and thinking its easy peasy.  So think "why bother with some vaccine when you can get a cold and be fine"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11662 on: October 31, 2021, 04:22:57 PM »
What? You don't think a good strategy is to catch COVID in order to protect yourself against ...catching COVID?

Roqqet doesn't have the critical thinking skills to figure this one out. But he heard his go-to health experts, Carlson and Ingraham, say it, so he thinks it is some sort of valid point.

You spend more time posting about fox opinion hosts than anyone else on this board.  I think you are a closet fox News fan.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11663 on: October 31, 2021, 04:34:11 PM »
You spend more time posting about fox opinion hosts than anyone else on this board.  I think you are a closet fox News fan.
Me and Tuckums are buds
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11664 on: October 31, 2021, 07:19:48 PM »
I think there is an element of that, but also people just getting natural immunity from a mild case and thinking its easy peasy.  So think "why bother with some vaccine when you can get a cold and be fine"

In some cases (rare), a 2nd bout of COVID can be far more severe. Some antibody responses can accidentally enhance the ability of COVID to infect cells.

A similar thing is observed in some vaccines. The original SARS vaccines, which targeted different viral proteins caused this issue, and it is why they use just a fragment of the Spike protein, it was found to not cause these types of issues.

So the vaccine is designed to maximize an immune response, but without risks of antibody-dependent enhancement of viral infection.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11665 on: October 31, 2021, 08:17:09 PM »
In some cases (rare), a 2nd bout of COVID can be far more severe. Some antibody responses can accidentally enhance the ability of COVID to infect cells.

A similar thing is observed in some vaccines. The original SARS vaccines, which targeted different viral proteins caused this issue, and it is why they use just a fragment of the Spike protein, it was found to not cause these types of issues.

So the vaccine is designed to maximize an immune response, but without risks of antibody-dependent enhancement of viral infection.

More or less rare than a gnarly breakthrough case?  Not snarky, just genuinely curious.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11666 on: October 31, 2021, 08:26:21 PM »
More or less rare than a gnarly breakthrough case?  Not snarky, just genuinely curious.

Honestly, I have no idea.

The best bet though is vaccine, even with infection. Then you have super immunity.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11667 on: November 01, 2021, 05:27:26 AM »
Psaki's got da chit. Thoughts, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11668 on: November 01, 2021, 06:21:54 AM »

Hopefully she’s taking horse meds

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11669 on: November 01, 2021, 06:26:55 AM »
Good thing she is vaccinated.   And was responsible enough to isolate as soon as a member of her household tested positive.
Thoughts and prayers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11670 on: November 01, 2021, 09:08:11 AM »
A moment of silence for the 5 million dead world wide.

Do you remember when we were all terrified of HIV?   COVID has killed more Americans since the start of 2020 than AIDS has in 40 years.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11671 on: November 01, 2021, 09:14:12 AM »

Do you remember when we were all terrified of HIV?   COVID has killed more Americans since the start of 2020 than AIDS has in 40 years.

Which is ironic, because the summer of 2020 Trumpies kept asking me why everyone is making a big deal of Coronavirus because AIDS has killed more people.  I had to keep saying, it's only 4 months in, that maybe you want to wait on that.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11672 on: November 01, 2021, 09:20:24 AM »

And way more than 5 million have died.  The Economist estimates that there have been 16.7 "excess deaths" since the beginning of the pandemic - over three times the number attributed to Covid.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker?gclid=CjwKCAjwoP6LBhBlEiwAvCcthNQeF-88ojbpHMqr7xy-6MdTBtQJGyZ6ehyaZtHUaSfx4XZJ7WCCtBoCbh8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11673 on: November 01, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
I've seen those reports. 

And Jon Bon Jovi has has tested positive.   

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11674 on: November 01, 2021, 10:56:47 AM »

She tested negative on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday before testing positive on Sunday. We'll see if it's a false positive. Good on her for disclosing it and going into quarantine.

feedback