collapse

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1086852 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11625 on: October 22, 2021, 09:09:42 PM »
Natural immunity seems to last much longer then vaccine immunity though. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1451653752889516040

That’s not true at all. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11626 on: October 23, 2021, 06:15:51 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11627 on: October 23, 2021, 10:57:27 AM »
Blaze TV? Guy who wrote a book called "Faucian Bargain"?

I'll reserve judgement until someone with a background in data/statistical analysis shows up

Ah jeez!  Glen Beck.  Too much personal experience.  What a know-it-all douchebag.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11628 on: October 26, 2021, 04:36:30 PM »
From the NYT:

About 1,500 Americans have died of Covid every day over the past week. For older age groups, the virus remains a leading cause of death. And the main reason is that millions of Americans have chosen to remain unvaccinated. Many of them are older and have underlying medical conditions, leaving them vulnerable to severe versions of Covid.

For older people, the effects of vaccination are profound. In late August, near the height of the Delta wave, 24 out of every 10,000 unvaccinated Americans 65 and above were hospitalized with Covid symptoms, according to the C.D.C. Among fully vaccinated Americans 65 and above, the number was 1.5 per 10,000.

Even so, many Americans are saying no to a shot. Among affluent countries, the U.S. is one of the least vaccinated, trailing Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Britain, France, Germany, Italy and others. Less vaccination means more death:

The low vaccination rate in the U.S. is another consequence of our polarized politics and our high levels of socioeconomic inequality. Only 67 percent of American adults without a four-year college degree have received a shot, compared with 82 percent of college graduates, according to the most recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll. And only 58 percent of self-identified Republicans are vaccinated, compared with 90 percent of Democrats.

It’s a triumph of misinformation. Offered a lifesaving drug to counteract a highly contagious virus, many Americans are instead choosing to take their chances.

Not mentioned was that these Americans also have chosen to take their chances with their own children, older relatives, co-workers and friends.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11629 on: October 26, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
That’s not true at all.

Whoa, you're telling me Pace is trolling? Surely you jest.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11630 on: October 26, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »
He is serious.   And don't call him Shirley.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #11631 on: October 30, 2021, 07:16:26 AM »
A good friend of ours, who could best be described as vaccine hesitant, resisted getting the vaccine despite her husband and two adult children getting poked and asking her to do so.  She ended up getting Covid, being sick for two and a half weeks, and going to the hospital simply to get an IV full of nutrients because she had trouble eating.  She mostly suffered from a high fever and extreme exhaustion, but kept her taste and smell and thankfully no respiratory issues.

She has made a full recovery, which we are extremely grateful for.  She didn't seem to pass it along to anyone else.

And she is getting vaccinated when she hits the 90 day mark after her recovery.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #11632 on: October 30, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »
Best wishes for her recovery.
She only has to wait ninety days if she got monoclonal antibodies, though of course she should follow whatever advice her doctor gives her.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #11633 on: October 30, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »
Best wishes for her recovery.
She only has to wait ninety days if she got monoclonal antibodies, though of course she should follow whatever advice her doctor gives her.

Thank you very much. I will pass this along because I am fairly certain she did not get those.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11634 on: October 30, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »
A good friend of ours, who could best be described as vaccine hesitant, resisted getting the vaccine despite her husband and two adult children getting poked and asking her to do so.  She ended up getting Covid, being sick for two and a half weeks, and going to the hospital simply to get an IV full of nutrients because she had trouble eating.  She mostly suffered from a high fever and extreme exhaustion, but kept her taste and smell and thankfully no respiratory issues.

She has made a full recovery, which we are extremely grateful for.  She didn't seem to pass it along to anyone else.

Our first employee got it two and a half weeks ago.  She has a lot of the comorbidities that make covid deadly.  Luckily she is fairly young and was able to make a full recovery.  She does have lingering fatigue and taste/smell loss.  Also was unvaccinated.  We tried to convince her without forcing her, but she also believes in astrology, and crystals... so it was pretty much a lost cause from the jump.

Very glad to have her recover.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11635 on: October 30, 2021, 06:24:12 PM »
I didn't realize mental illness was so rampant amongst old, white dentists.

Dude, it takes one to know one, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11636 on: October 30, 2021, 06:33:20 PM »
I don't think he is an old white dentist.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11637 on: October 30, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
Well, he ain't young, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11638 on: October 30, 2021, 06:54:19 PM »
I don't think he is an old white dentist.

the old man doesn't have near the intellect to be a doctor of dental surgery
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11639 on: October 30, 2021, 06:59:15 PM »

Glad she recovered and also glad she decided to get the vaccine.

I’ve read too many heartbreaking stories about vax resisters getting terminally ill and either begging for the vaccine (but it being too late for them) or saying on their death beds that they wish they had gotten it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11640 on: October 30, 2021, 06:59:38 PM »
Must be nepotism den, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11641 on: October 30, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »

I’ve read too many heartbreaking stories about vax resisters getting terminally ill and either begging for the vaccine (but it being too late for them) or saying on their death beds that they wish they had gotten it.

I have had two friends of friends who died of Covid that were in their 30's, both unvaccinated.  One of them was a single mom with small children.

If their was any silver lining, I think their deaths inspired a few of their friends to get vaccinated.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11642 on: October 30, 2021, 07:22:01 PM »

she now has an immunity better than the vaccine-natural immunity.  the vaccine only targets the spike proteins.  natural immunity targets the whole viral particle including the N-protein. 

"the SARS-CoV-2 virus is more complicated than just a spike protein. There are, in fact, four different proteins that form the overall structure of the virus particle: spike, envelope (E), membrane (M) and nucleocapsid (N). In a natural infection, our immune system recognizes all of these proteins to varying degrees. So how important are immune responses to these different proteins, and does it matter that the first vaccines will not replicate these?"
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11643 on: October 30, 2021, 07:40:43 PM »

she now has an immunity better than the vaccine-natural immunity.  the vaccine only targets the spike proteins.  natural immunity targets the whole viral particle including the N-protein. 

"the SARS-CoV-2 virus is more complicated than just a spike protein. There are, in fact, four different proteins that form the overall structure of the virus particle: spike, envelope (E), membrane (M) and nucleocapsid (N). In a natural infection, our immune system recognizes all of these proteins to varying degrees. So how important are immune responses to these different proteins, and does it matter that the first vaccines will not replicate these?"
False. It is amazing how little you know.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11644 on: October 30, 2021, 07:59:14 PM »

At this point, I feel like you're just doing this on purpose.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #11645 on: October 30, 2021, 08:00:06 PM »
At this point, I feel like you're just doing this on purpose.

He’s not that clever.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11646 on: October 30, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »
He’s not that clever.

Ah, you got me there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11647 on: October 30, 2021, 08:09:40 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-protection-covid-19-natural-immunity-cdc-study/

The latest actual science indicates that immunity from the vaccine is far better and longer lasting than natural immunity.   

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11648 on: October 30, 2021, 08:21:54 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-protection-covid-19-natural-immunity-cdc-study/

The latest actual science indicates that immunity from the vaccine is far better and longer lasting than natural immunity.   

Alex Berenson dunked all over this CDC report hours ago.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11649 on: October 30, 2021, 08:38:31 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

This guy?    The guy banned from twitter?    Based on his track record, I think his disdain is probably its strongest selling point.   

feedback