[Today at 10:19:19 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1104858 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11575 on: October 18, 2021, 10:02:50 AM »
Organization?  Yes.  I didn't say company, but organization, yes I do.

I wasn't deflecting from anything?  I just made a comment on the irony of it, cause otherwise its "interesting,  I don't agree with all of it but thats certainly direct wording". 

And you're adding a bunch of extra meaning that I never said nor implied.  Thats also why I mentioned Gates, who has a charitable foundation with a $50B endowment, aka someone in a position of immense wealth and luxury who also has a profound financial/charitable vehicle for good 

You can certainly disagree or have a different take without having to label something a tired and weak deflection.  Its doesn't always have to be about headhunting, FFS

If there is a silver lining to the mess that the Covid board has been (guilty for helping steer it into the gutter) it is that JWags has emerged as the only trusted voice of reason.  Any chance you’d be willing to take over the postgame top 10 list from tower, it was something I used to look forward too but after seeing the way he behaves over here it’s now something I can’t trust or stomach anymore. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11576 on: October 18, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »
Organization?  Yes.  I didn't say company, but organization, yes I do.

I wasn't deflecting from anything?  I just made a comment on the irony of it, cause otherwise its "interesting,  I don't agree with all of it but thats certainly direct wording". 

And you're adding a bunch of extra meaning that I never said nor implied.  Thats also why I mentioned Gates, who has a charitable foundation with a $50B endowment, aka someone in a position of immense wealth and luxury who also has a profound financial/charitable vehicle for good 

You can certainly disagree or have a different take without having to label something a tired and weak deflection.  Its doesn't always have to be about headhunting, FFS

Companies are organizations.

And with all due respect, you seem to be backpedaling here. Your comment about the "irony" of the remarks, and follow up about "overflowing coffers" and never paying a tax (totally false, by the way) and "draped in gold" was an obvious attempt to paint Francis as a hypocrite.
It seemed to me that you were raising these points to deflect from what the pope was saying.
But maybe I'm wrong. Please explain to me what the value of the Vatican's art collection and its tax status has to do with the pope's remarks?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11577 on: October 18, 2021, 03:01:57 PM »
The richest organization on the planet with overflowing coffers that has never paid tax, whose head is draped in gold and riches walking around ornate halls and palaces in the Vatican, is telling banks to wipe out debt and financial obligations and for UBI to be widespread?  Its hardly coming from a humble, hard scrabble monk

If Bill Gates was saying it, people would come for his neck.

Isn't Francis pretty close to a humble, hard Scrabble monk though?

Re: Gates...his organization does some very good things. But I think there's also plenty that he/his organization does with very questionable motives

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11578 on: October 18, 2021, 03:07:01 PM »
If there is a silver lining to the mess that the Covid board has been (guilty for helping steer it into the gutter) it is that JWags has emerged as the only trusted voice of reason.  Any chance you’d be willing to take over the postgame top 10 list from tower, it was something I used to look forward too but after seeing the way he behaves over here it’s now something I can’t trust or stomach anymore.

How does tower "behave"?

How do you "behave"?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11579 on: October 18, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »

Why don’t you leave so you’re not burdened by reading his posts?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11580 on: October 18, 2021, 03:23:33 PM »
Why don’t you leave so you’re not burdened by reading his posts?

And not have access to your fountain of knowledge displayed on a daily basis?  Never.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11581 on: October 18, 2021, 03:26:14 PM »
How does tower "behave"?

How do you "behave"?

Tower: like a fool
Me: like a fool (as stated in the original post)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11582 on: October 18, 2021, 03:43:56 PM »
How does tower "behave"?

How do you "behave"?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.       My day is complete.    Someone I have on ignore doesn't like me.      The sun is shining, the birds are singing.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11583 on: October 18, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »
Companies are organizations.

And with all due respect, you seem to be backpedaling here. Your comment about the "irony" of the remarks, and follow up about "overflowing coffers" and never paying a tax (totally false, by the way) and "draped in gold" was an obvious attempt to paint Francis as a hypocrite.
It seemed to me that you were raising these points to deflect from what the pope was saying.
But maybe I'm wrong. Please explain to me what the value of the Vatican's art collection and its tax status has to do with the pope's remarks?

I have no interest in backpedaling, if anything I'm guilty of poor phrasing, which wouldn't be the first nor the last time.

Francis isn't a hypocrite, he's been pretty consistent in many of his stances and lifestyle to match his viewpoints if I recall. 

The church's wealth, however you want to examine it, does not invalidate his opinion.  Nor does wealth being tied up in real estate and art make it any less prodigious.  Its not like the Catholic Church is cash poor outside of those holdings.

I just found irony in the head of a very wealthy organization pushing for some of these financial measures.  And then pushing for more influence for the United Nations, as if there hasn't been substantial financial issues within those ranks as well.

I wasn't deflecting anything.  I already said the directness and candor he spoke with was interesting.  I totally agree with parts of what he said, I don't with others.  I'm not a Catholic so I don't give any particularly substantial weight to his missives, but I don't have to discredit him to find some of his statements ironic or curious or offbase.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11584 on: October 18, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
Tower: like a fool
Me: like a fool (as stated in the original post)

Well, the second half of that is right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11585 on: October 18, 2021, 06:49:01 PM »

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.       My day is complete.    Someone I have on ignore doesn't like me.      The sun is shining, the birds are singing.     

Someone who I have literally 0 respect for as a poster and from what I can tell by your words here as a human, has blocked me.  How will I ever recover.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11586 on: October 18, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »
Colin Powell, dead from COVID-19.

https://apnews.com/article/colin-powell-dead-covid-9c918dc1c137ebf368f2cbb461e4fad4
Let his death inspire a rush for booster shots.   Preexisting conditions still leave you vulnerable.   Science.    Facts.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11587 on: October 18, 2021, 07:03:11 PM »
Evander Kane suspended 21 games by the NHL for using a fake vaccination card.    Should give Lazar a call.   He has some time now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11588 on: October 19, 2021, 06:47:00 AM »
Co-worker in the hospital after contracting COVID from an unvaccinated patient.   Going to get my booster this week.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11589 on: October 19, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »
Fahrenheit, ewe've got da best immunity havin' had covid. Y boost, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11590 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:08 AM »

Is this tongue in cheek?

If not: Immunity from infection is variable in strength and duration. Immunity from infection+vaccine is significantly stronger than immunity from either on its own (which is currently being studied because it's wild). With the extremely limited downside of the vaccine, there is nothing but opportunity from getting a vaccine booster on top of the vaccine + infection. Especially if you're in a profession where you and your community at risk if you fall ill.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11591 on: October 19, 2021, 08:23:37 AM »
You're joking, right?   If not, because immunity wanes and I am still elbows deep in COVID patients.   As evidenced by my vaccinated colleague catching it from a patient and now being hospitalized.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11592 on: October 19, 2021, 08:28:30 AM »
Speakin' as a non-doktor, watt da fook do eye no, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11593 on: October 19, 2021, 08:32:54 AM »
Follow the science.   All of the data indicate that immunity diminishes over time.   All of the vaccine manufacturers are advocating boosters.

I brushed, flossed and rinsed last night.   Should I again tonight?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11594 on: October 19, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
FFS, we get flu shots every year.  Why not get a Covid booster?  Let's not overthink this people.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11595 on: October 19, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »
Precisely.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11596 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:26 AM »
Speakin' as a non-doktor, watt da fook do eye no, hey?

Wait, so you make a claim. Then backtrack by saying you're not an expert?

So are you misinformed or disingenuous?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11597 on: October 19, 2021, 08:54:51 AM »
Don't ya reed dis board? Just pokin' da pigs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11598 on: October 19, 2021, 08:58:52 AM »
I think there will be annual boosters for a few years.   Adjusted for the dominant strain, like the flu shot.   
I've had the flu without a vaccine.   I've had COVID.   COVID was worse for me.   Give me the vaccine for both.   

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11599 on: October 19, 2021, 09:12:30 AM »

feedback