[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1109681 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10200 on: May 13, 2021, 04:53:23 PM »
And full chaos when non vaccinated people can claim to be vaccinated. It's gonna be an exciting time

And I will have no sympathy for those people if they get sick.
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10201 on: May 13, 2021, 06:14:30 PM »

AMDG eh?

Feel like so many people, on both sides of the aisle (especially on this board), are just becoming so entrenched in their position, they are kinda missing the bigger point of just genuine compassion for one another.  I have certainly flown my political leanings flag many a times on this board, but on this board (and on the Politics board RIP, not really) I have read.

~Cheering and advocating death penalties to be broadcast on PPV
~People who didnt follow the rules by cops when getting pulled over, "getting what they deserved" after being shot by police
~No sympathy (and in some cases) for people get what they deserve when they contract and perhaps die of COVID

I know life aint perfect, but cmon

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10202 on: May 13, 2021, 06:31:00 PM »

You better duck. I've been attacked numerous times for saying the same.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10203 on: May 13, 2021, 06:57:00 PM »
We HAD a CDC that was run by the White House. It was ordered to lie by the White House. it had people fired by that White House for not towing the line. Yet that didn’t bother you a bit.

Now we have an expert in charge. The scientists are making the decisions based on their lifetimes of working in the field. And now you are bothered.

Following the science must really piss you guys off.

Jockey, you don't know me at all.  Thanks and good evening.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10204 on: May 13, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »
You better duck. I've been attacked numerous times for saying the same.

Not quite.  You don’t stop at sick.  You say you wish/prefer they die

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10205 on: May 13, 2021, 08:17:39 PM »
Speaking only for myself, I have:
~No sympathy (and in some cases) for people get what they deserve when they contract and perhaps die of COVID because they refused to wear masks, refused to social distance, called COVID a hoax, gathered in large groups indoors and maskless, called the vaccines unsafe, and refused to get vaccinated, thus extending the pandemic while putting other people at risk because they are selfish a-holes who had no concept of what being a responsible and patriotic citizen entailed.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10206 on: May 13, 2021, 09:33:15 PM »

That’s cute, and trust me it’s not political.  I disagree, Im angry, Im ashamed at so many Americans for not doing the what I think is right (and backed by science), but I truly think there is a line where people flip and say, well “F them, they get what they deserve”

This type attitude, IMHO, is counterproductive, and not aligned with the value I believe in.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10207 on: May 13, 2021, 09:53:19 PM »
 Went to grocery store tonight, albeit late so not very busy but was great to see so many smiling maskless faces.

Missed that non-verbal connection with strangers that a slight smile and head nod brings.  It was weird seeing the few who were wearing masks and not knowing if they were anti-vax or anti-science (maybe both)?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10208 on: May 13, 2021, 10:16:29 PM »
Went to grocery store tonight, albeit late so not very busy but was great to see so many smiling maskless faces.

Missed that non-verbal connection with strangers that a slight smile and head nod brings.  It was weird seeing the few who were wearing masks and not knowing if they were anti-vax or anti-science (maybe both)?

Our grocery stores still have signs up saying that masks are required. Maybe those people wearing masks were just anti-douche bag?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10209 on: May 14, 2021, 04:35:35 AM »
Trolling from earlier aside this is the a smart way to interpret the guidance in my opinion. 

COVID is getting crushed in my state and it’s time to start removing these restrictions and finding a way to go from 70% vaccinated to 85+.  It’s a great way to do it…

https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/status/1392934936659779585?s=21

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10210 on: May 14, 2021, 04:59:51 AM »
Trolling from earlier aside this is the a smart way to interpret the guidance in my opinion. 

COVID is getting crushed in my state and it’s time to start removing these restrictions and finding a way to go from 70% vaccinated to 85+.  It’s a great way to do it…

https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/status/1392934936659779585?s=21

My main man Scotty knocking it out of the park again with this commentary!! 

Dude has been so good, so consistent.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10211 on: May 14, 2021, 05:21:04 AM »
Need vaccine verification

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10212 on: May 14, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »

Grocery didn't require/ask for masks still?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10213 on: May 14, 2021, 07:06:41 AM »
That is a bad grocery.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10214 on: May 14, 2021, 07:43:22 AM »
Look, it's basically over.  Sure masks will be required in certain circumstances, but by and large society will be putting pressure on businesses that continue with universal masking policies or those policies will largely be ignored because management is tired of enforcing it.

And it is very doubtful that vaccine passports will be used in any significant manner.

This is the path we are on.  My guess is that we won't know if this was a smart idea until the fall when we retreat back inside (or in the summer in the south), but by July 4, I think most people will be done with masks in most situations.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10215 on: May 14, 2021, 08:05:33 AM »
Grocery didn't require/ask for masks still?

They haven’t been actively enforcing it for awhile.  I’d been wearing it along with 95% of other shoppers even though vaccinated for awhile but now that the CDC is behind taking the mask off I’ll follow their guidance.  And based off last nights experience I don’t appear to be in the minority. 

If an employee of a store anywhere asks me to put one on I will.  If they don’t I wont’t, just following the science.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10216 on: May 14, 2021, 08:06:01 AM »
That is a bad grocery.

It’s a great grocery store!!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10217 on: May 14, 2021, 09:40:02 AM »
CDC’s U-Turn Puts Business in ‘Damned If You Do’ Bind
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/cdc-s-u-turn-puts-business-in-damned-if-you-do-or-don-t-bind?srnd=premium

Home Depot and others aren’t immediately relaxing mask rules , Retail workers have faced risks enforcing company mandates

The revision creates new challenges for retail workers in particular, many of whom have had to confront uncooperative customers while enforcing mask policies. Many retail and restaurant chains adopted mask requirements for customers in the early stages of the pandemic, and some companies have offered bonuses to frontline workers in acknowledgment of the health and safety risks they have faced.

Automakers Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and Stellantis NV, the former Fiat Chrysler, all said they’re keeping mask policies in place in their facilities for now. “We will review the latest guidance from the CDC and await guidance from OSHA, which has jurisdiction over workplaces,” GM said in a statement Thursday.

Retail workers still need protection, since “they have no way of knowing whether customers who are not wearing masks have been vaccinated,” said Stuart Appelbaum, president of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, or RWDSU. “These workers, many of whom are essential, may be exposed both to the virus and to unnecessary stress. We must encourage customers in high trafficked areas to continue wearing masks.”

• All American
« Reply #10218 on: May 14, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
CDC’s U-Turn Puts Business in ‘Damned If You Do’ Bind
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/cdc-s-u-turn-puts-business-in-damned-if-you-do-or-don-t-bind?srnd=premium

Home Depot and others aren’t immediately relaxing mask rules , Retail workers have faced risks enforcing company mandates

The revision creates new challenges for retail workers in particular, many of whom have had to confront uncooperative customers while enforcing mask policies. Many retail and restaurant chains adopted mask requirements for customers in the early stages of the pandemic, and some companies have offered bonuses to frontline workers in acknowledgment of the health and safety risks they have faced.

Automakers Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and Stellantis NV, the former Fiat Chrysler, all said they’re keeping mask policies in place in their facilities for now. “We will review the latest guidance from the CDC and await guidance from OSHA, which has jurisdiction over workplaces,” GM said in a statement Thursday.

Retail workers still need protection, since “they have no way of knowing whether customers who are not wearing masks have been vaccinated,” said Stuart Appelbaum, president of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, or RWDSU. “These workers, many of whom are essential, may be exposed both to the virus and to unnecessary stress. We must encourage customers in high trafficked areas to continue wearing masks.”

Good luck.  Let's see how long that lasts.

Oh and retail workers can get protection via vaccination.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10219 on: May 14, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »

• All American
« Reply #10220 on: May 14, 2021, 03:26:22 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1393278011332612107

What do they know that we don’t know 🤔

Government agencies are full of regular people, that represent a cross section of society. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10221 on: May 14, 2021, 04:26:51 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1393278011332612107

What do they know that we don’t know 🤔

How can we trust Fauci - he was wrong about masks

Here's the full context -and the real answer is they don't know percentages because they don't require i, and can only track it if employees voluntarily report their vaccine status.  My company asks us, but it's optional to report.  And 60% is in line with the general population at this point.  So I'd guess *most* CDC and FDA employees know about the same amount as us (at least those of us that keep up on information).

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/dr-fauci-cdc-director-testify-before-senate-on-covid-19-guidelines-transcript
Senator Burr: (02:25:51)
Okay. This question, I’m going to go to Dr. Fauci, Dr. Marks, and Dr. Walensky. What percentage of the employees in your institute, your center, or your agency, of your employees, has been vaccinated?

Dr. Anthony Fauci: (02:26:13)
I’m not 100% sure, Senator, but I think it’s probably a little bit more than half, probably around 60%.

Senator Burr: (02:26:19)
Dr. Marks?

Dr. Peter Marks: (02:26:21)
I can’t tell you the exact number, but it’s probably in the same range. Some people vaccinated at our facility, and others outside of the facility.

Senator Burr: (02:26:30)
Dr. Walensky?

Dr. Rochelle Walensky: (02:26:31)
We’re encouraging our employees to get vaccinated. We’ve been doing town halls and education seminars. Our staff have the option to report their vaccination status, but as you understand, the federal government is not requiring it, so we do not know.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #10222 on: May 15, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »

Less than 24hrs after the CDC changed its guidelines, when both local government and individual retailers were adjusting their policies, and after 14 months of mask mandates it was 'weird' seeing people in masks and you cast doubt on their motives? And suddenly the mask wearers were in the minority?

Your theatre is both transparent and comical. (and that's assuming you live in a rural community)

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10223 on: May 15, 2021, 09:10:33 PM »
Less than 24hrs after the CDC changed its guidelines, when both local government and individual retailers were adjusting their policies, and after 14 months of mask mandates it was 'weird' seeing people in masks and you cast doubt on their motives? And suddenly the mask wearers were in the minority?

Your theatre is both transparent and comical. (and that's assuming you live in a rural community)

You ok?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10224 on: May 15, 2021, 09:43:06 PM »

Good luck.  Let's see how long that lasts.

Oh and retail workers can get protection via vaccination.

Exactly!  If you want to be protected, get vaccinated.  If not, assume the risk.  It's really that simple.

feedback