[Today at 08:40:42 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many want to miss NCAA tournament so Wojo gets fired?

Yes.  It shortens the time to make a move.
12 (9%)
No.  Counter productive, Wojo has made progress and this is silly talk.
91 (67.9%)
No. I hope MU wins a game and Wojo is hired away elsewhere.
31 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: January 18, 2020, 11:45:13 AM

Author Topic: Do you want to miss the NCAA tournament so Wojo gets fired?  (Read 26124 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Do you want to miss the NCAA tournament so Wojo gets fired?
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
The question is being asked by a fragile clickbait whore, it doesn't *need* to be asked

Based on the response where 20% of fans voted they cared more about losing than keeping him....it damn well needed to be asked.  Otherwise the meme here would be "NO ONE WANTS TO LOSE"...uhm, BS...about 20% want us to lose more than succeed because they don't care for a coach. It's exactly why I asked it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:25:21 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2020, 07:11:01 PM »
All I know if that I was bummed we lost in the Final Four but immensely proud that we got there.  Most people I know felt the same way.  I cannot comment on the rest of MU humanity that you are convinced is the overwhelming majority, apparently.

And f$%& the margin of loss.  It's being competitive and fighting to the last second that matters.  Wojo's teams don't.  And worse, for the most part (meaning I am not talking about the isolated games you are sure to mention) Wojo's teams are wet-sponge soft and that is what irritates.

Such nonsense to suggest they don't fight to the end.  You telling me we didn't fight to the bitter end against Seton Hall last year?  How about Creighton?  How is it that we are 10-1 in the last few years in Overtime....which last I checked is the bitter end.  This mythology is ridiculous.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2020, 07:14:45 PM »
Do you even have a job? When I graduate from college I would love to have a job where I have as much free time as Cheeks to troll the  net and be the biggest mu hoops expert.

You should know, you just "rejoined" two weeks ago.....LOL.

By the way, since you have no idea how many hours I work, how late I work, how I work 7 days a week....you can stow it.  I have a situation where I can be working until 2:00am some days, and some days not.  Happy to show you plenty of other people here posting all the time, but of course the selective outrage from the "new" poster.  LOL.   And your comments about me not having surgery coming up....dude...you are a long-timer here, don't pretend you aren't.  And yes, because of the Super Bowl, because of a wedding next month and a few other things, I've delayed the surgery for a bit.  Getting a wing fixed and the chances of hurting it more are slim, so delaying. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »
Posters giving names for possible hires, even when their team has already fired their coach and are looking, is always awful. That said, the idea that a coach of Wojo's calibur and one that is actually a better all-around coach than Wojo is not available are deluding themselves into accepting mediocrity.

The next coach may not be the answer, but why are you wasting years with a coach most of us already can tell is not the answer? Norland and Parrish talk about this every year on their podcast. Once you know your coach is not the guy, move on. Keeping him cause you are afraid can do more damage long-term than moving on quickly and failing with the next one.

Keeping Wojo for a single recruiting class is the worst pro-Wojo take.

I've yet to find anyone that said that is the main reason....have you?

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2020, 07:27:10 PM »
Such nonsense to suggest they don't fight to the end.  You telling me we didn't fight to the bitter end against Seton Hall last year?  How about Creighton?  How is it that we are 10-1 in the last few years in Overtime....which last I checked is the bitter end.  This mythology is ridiculous.

Thank you for reading my post and responding so perfectly.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
So my poll was revised....start your own damn poll.  Good Lord.

When the two possible answers are:

A - Agree with me. I'm always right!
B - I'm a selfish, miserable jerk!

It makes sense that it was revised. When you start a troll poll (any Always Sunny fans?) don't be surprised when it gets revised or blocked.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2020, 07:31:19 PM »
Cheeks:

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:05 PM »
Option A: Wojo’s awesome
Option B: You’re rooting against Marquette! I knew it! I knew some of you bastards were rooting against Marquette!!
No Finish Line

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2020, 07:38:02 PM »
Can a straight line be a trajectory?

Going from a losing season in year one to a high seed in the NCAA tournament in year five is not a straight line. You need to get your eyesight and your evaluating abilities checked.

panda

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2020, 07:42:18 PM »
Going from a losing season in year one to a high seed in the NCAA tournament in year five is not a straight line. You need to get your eyesight and your evaluating abilities checked.

500 for three straight seasons and choking away a Big East title. Two of his best players would rather transfer and burn a year of eligibility than reconcile with another player. And it appears as though this season we’ll be lucky to reach 500.

So one outlier season with four 500 seasons. Straight line.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2020, 07:45:40 PM »
When the two possible answers are:

A - Agree with me. I'm always right!
B - I'm a selfish, miserable jerk!

It makes sense that it was revised. When you start a troll poll (any Always Sunny fans?) don't be surprised when it gets revised or blocked.

Most people got it, the vote was as I expected.  Pretty sad, but not at all surprising.  And the poll was not constructed at all how you describe.  Very straight forward and using the very same arguments people made....short term pain for him to leave was why some wanted him to go.  That’s how I asked it. 

Notice the language wasn’t changed, only a third option was given...a cop out option.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:47:15 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2020, 07:48:10 PM »
500 for three straight seasons and choking away a Big East title. Two of his best players would rather transfer and burn a year of eligibility than reconcile with another player. And it appears as though this season we’ll be lucky to reach 500.

Selectively ignoring all the other data....good one Panda.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »

Goalpost moved

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2020, 07:49:16 PM »
Thank you for reading my post and responding so perfectly.

Because your comment was ridiculous and needed to be shown with examples how ridiculous it was.  You are welcome.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »
Goalpost moved

Sigh... I’m laughing, but come on. 

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »

Overtime wins: IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, a 15-17 Arizona State, a 15-15 Georgetown.  Excluding these craps teams, we're 6-1. And there are good wins in there but these are examples that the team doesn't show up every game.

Excludind his first year, Wojo has the following records in Big East play:

8 - 10
10 - 8
9 - 9
12 - 6
1 - 3

Last year was a down year for the BE and I believe this is accepted as fact by most experts.  So we are 4 games over 500, due entirely to a weak conference last year.

We are 11 - 18 against ranked opponents over this same time.

This is what you consider acceptable after five years?

And again, thank you for reading my post and doing exactly what I thought you would do.

panda

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
Goalpost moved

One promising season choked away. The rest 500. This season looking like 500 at best. Goalposts firmly planted.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
Can a straight line be a trajectory?

Winner.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »
Can we have a Chico free day?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2020, 08:02:43 PM »
You expect to be better this year than we were last year? Second place conference finish? 12-6 conference record? Top 10 ranking? Five seed in tourney?
No Finish Line

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »

Only one  lost a year and the other got to sit out a season and let his hip recover and get better for a potential draft run. Facts matter.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »
One promising season choked away. The rest 500. This season looking like 500 at best. Goalposts firmly planted.

If I thought you would seriously consider or comprehend what trending positive year over year means, I might have taken the time to explain it to you. I simplified it in my year one to year five example and you couldn't even understand that.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 08:09:57 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

panda

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2020, 08:08:57 PM »
If I thought you would seriously consider or comprehend what trending positive year over year means, I might have taken the time to explain it to you. I simplified it in my year one, year five example and you couldn't even understand that.

Does the word outlier mean anything to you?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2020, 08:14:35 PM »
Does the word outlier mean anything to you?

That's your word not mine. The word I used was trend, or trending. In a sentence. Marquette has been trending positive year over year since Wojo was hired.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2020, 08:16:03 PM »
I hope he gets to the tournament, wins a game, and is hired away elsewhere.

This is the most flawed thinking of the Nojoers. Basically if he wins a post season game then he did exactly what you say he couldn’t do which means he is closer to being the right hire than you want. To me this means, you want to be right versus him being successful aka MU success. This begs the question what would Wojo have to do to be the right guy?  Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four, or National Championship? 

Second question is, why do you only want MU to win only one game versus six before he gets hired away?  Right because then Wojo would be the right guy.