[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Missing Scoopers?  (Read 40250 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Missing Scoopers?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
Does every response on Scoop now need to be categorized as either a pro-Wojo or anti-Wojo? 

Other than the Providence result, every game has gone the way it was projected to (I would have thought we would have lost to Nova and beat Providence).

When there's a concerted effort after every loss to campaign for Wojos ouster? Then yes, people that disagree with the wisdom of canning Wojo will challenge the rationale used to support the argument that Wojo need to go, and point to the potential negative consequences of his departure, such as losing recruits and the prospect of another rebuild. It's a critical debate, and one worth having.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »
Tower's absence was noticeable.

This.  No recap :(

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
I was out last night, but ... Scoop is a miserable dumpster fire after a loss. Why would anyone who doesn't self-identify as a masochist want to come here?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
If he lands Mane, highly doubt he would leave on his own, even if we miss NCAA tournament, and no way I see MU letting him go.  Ultimately, Wojo isn't a quick study, but he is a grinder, and the hope would that after 6 years and seeing how letting one player be ball dominant is a formula for disaster - he'll become a better coach.  This is the best we can hope for..and it is possible.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this, but I do feel it needs to be pointed out that this is not necessarily true. I would have to research it more in depth to go back some years, but one recent example of where it worked just fine is Purdue with Carson Edwards..he had a usage rate higher than Markus(or very similarly) and they damn near made a Final Four. I'm certain there has to be other examples in years past where it has worked just fine...It comes down to the Coach making it work. Matt Painter seemed to, right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
I was out last night, but ... Scoop is a miserable dumpster fire after a loss. Why would anyone who doesn't self-identify as a masochist want to come here?

Agree, and it seems as if there is one guy  posting under multiple names which makes it even worse.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »
TAMU,

Congrats to the new papa. 🍾

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2020, 03:36:11 PM »
TAMU,

Absolutely!!!  +1
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2020, 04:15:33 PM »
PTM

I would take a wager that he is not the coach next season. New jobs are job security, losing in year seven is not. If he ever got fired from MU he is an assistant for rest of career.
He has a chance to set his family up for life if he can hack another 6-8 years as a HC and should be on his mind.

I’ll bet that he is the coach next year.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2020, 04:18:03 PM »
Congrats, TAMU!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2020, 04:29:34 PM »
TAMU,

what?  no internet connection in the baby wing?

congrats to the tam'ster!
don't...don't don't don't don't

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2020, 04:42:46 PM »

Grats!!!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:20 PM »
guru

Regardless of what Pro/No Jo, he will be the coach next year. Accept it and move on. No one is letting Dawson, Lewis and Osa and potentially Mane get away.

I would assume the Projos are avoiding the cesspool.

I hate that the biggest argument for keeping Wojo has turned into this.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2020, 04:46:33 PM »
Does every response on Scoop now need to be categorized as either a pro-Wojo or anti-Wojo? 

Other than the Providence result, every game has gone the way it was projected to (I would have thought we would have lost to Nova and beat Providence).

Pink text for projo red for nojo

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »

It isn’t the biggest argument, just by some people who ignore the progress of the last five years.  But carry on.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
It isn’t the biggest argument, just by some people who ignore the progress of the last five years.  But carry on.

That's a funny way to say stagnation

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2020, 05:16:49 PM »
PTM

I would take a wager that he is not the coach next season. New jobs are job security, losing in year seven is not. If he ever got fired from MU he is an assistant for rest of career.
He has a chance to set his family up for life if he can hack another 6-8 years as a HC and should be on his mind.

$100. Al’s Run.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2020, 05:20:14 PM »
I PMd tower wondering where his post game thoughts were as I needed a little optimism. No reply  ?-(
Probably just means that he is developing his thesis on why MU is still in the hunt.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »
I have long enjoyed Tower’s “thoughts.” He usually hits the main points well such that it’s hard to disagree with him often or significantly. Maybe this week pushed him into a dark corner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2020, 05:24:11 PM »
PTM

Done deal!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2020, 05:26:56 PM »
PTM

Done deal!!

I have to add a twist, when I win you have to start using the quote function on here. I’ll even come show you how it works!

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »
I’m still holding out hope this thing turns around.  But the talent level on this team does not appear to be good enough for Wojo to be able to get them to the tournament.  If he cannot do it, Goose’s theory of him leaving because it is his best option before the posse gets him is as good as any. 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »

It isn't the biggest argument,  but it is one of the deciding factors, along with starting from square one with a new coach and a new system.

Wojos tenure has been a mixed bag on many fronts,  so there's arguments to be made both ways. Unfortunately, some people are promoting the narrative that the team has epically underperformed due to Wojos leadership. Their claims are not supported by the evidence in the historical record. He hasn't been great and he hasn't been terrible.
If some people would simply acknowledge that fact, maybe it wouldn't be so hard for them to understand why some other people reasonably believe this incoming recruiting class has earned Wojo more time.

Therefore, in my honest opinion,  the potential costs of firing Wojo outweigh the potential benefits.
What's so hard to believe?

panda

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »
It isn't the biggest argument,  but it is one of the deciding factors, along with starting from square one with a new coach and a new system.

Wojos tenure has been a mixed bag on many fronts,  so there's arguments to be made both ways. Unfortunately, some people are promoting the narrative that the team has epically underperformed due to Wojos leadership. Their claims are not supported by the evidence in the historical record. He hasn't been great and he hasn't been terrible.
If some people would simply acknowledge that fact, maybe it wouldn't be so hard for them to understand why some other people reasonably believe this incoming recruiting class has earned Wojo more time.

Therefore, in my honest opinion,  the potential costs of firing Wojo outweigh the potential benefits.
What's so hard to believe?

Painfully mediocre. Never greater than the sum of his parts. If you’re ok with that, fine. But many of us believe this program deserves better than .500 in conference.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »
Painfully mediocre. Never greater than the sum of his parts. If you’re ok with that, fine. But many of us believe this program deserves better than .500 in conference.

Who we hiring Panda bear?  Who is clamoring to come to MU since for decades all we get are assistants or retreads....cannot wait to hear who is knocking down the door to get us where we are entitled to be and will stay a long time....are we getting Billy Donovan?  How about Brad Stevens?  I hear Thad Matta wants the gig.

panda

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »
Who we hiring Panda bear?  Who is clamoring to come to MU since for decades all we get are assistants or retreads....cannot wait to hear who is knocking down the door to get us where we are entitled to be and will stay a long time....are we getting Billy Donovan?  How about Brad Stevens?  I hear Thad Matta wants the gig.

Cuonzo Martin, Ben Howlund and Shaka Smart

Top paying job, national recruiting base, NBA arena? Gee I don’t know? I’m not sure who would be interested this time, but last go around, all of the head coaches on the carousel made themselves available for Marquette.

Not moving on from mediocrity because, it’s too hard to find someone or if they’re really good they’ll leave is a pretty lame reason, even for you.