'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Missing Scoopers?  (Read 40274 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Missing Scoopers?
« on: January 12, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »
Has anyone done a welfare check on:

TAMU
MU82
Wadesworld
Tower912

The board could use some of your positivity in this currently grim time.

The Lens

• All American
Re: Missing Scoopers?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:15:18 AM »
I think you’re being a little rough on TAMU and maybe even 82. Their eyes have been wide open for awhile.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »
Projos often rag on posters who only show up after losses, but there are also some high volume Wojo guys who stay away when we’re not winning.  And when we do win, the first thing they’ll say is, “Where are all the Wojo haters now?”  Sometimes I think people like Wojo more than they like the program, or at least that their desire to be right about him trumps any happiness over the actual success of a win.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:20:58 AM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=899

Maybe look harder?

Glad the posters who find glee in Marquette basketball losing are able to do so though. Happy for you that your 2020 is going so well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 11:21:56 AM »
I think you’re being a little rough on TAMU and maybe even 82. Their eyes have been wide open for awhile.

Not being rough on them. Legitimately wondering where they are as they are among Scoop’s most prolific and longstanding contributors.  I wouldn’t mind getting their takes and sales pitch as it relates to having a more positive outlook on the state of the program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 11:22:26 AM »

TAMU
MU82
Wadesworld
Tower912

Sometimes things in life are more fulfilling or important than coming here to rehash the same old with a lot of typed words in an internet pissing sword fight, especially with posters with the multiple handles. 82 and Wades were on yesterday. Wades has a name change.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:24:32 AM »
Furthermore, calling TAMU and tower "high volume Wojo guys" is laughable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »
/Filed under, hard-to-put-lipstick-on-pig

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=899

Maybe look harder?

Glad the posters who find glee in Marquette basketball losing are able to do so though. Happy for you that your 2020 is going so well.

My bad. Didn’t realize you changed your name, and I don’t visit SuperBar topics often. Feel free to weigh back in on actual games, rotations, etc.

Good idea on the name change. We need Mane quite badly!  As Cheeks has told us, it’s a guards game, and would be very helpful to add a stud like Mane to help offset loss of Markus.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 11:28:23 AM »

TAMU
MU82
Wadesworld
Tower912

I'm in Houston end of February....we getting together or what? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 11:36:59 AM »
Furthermore, calling TAMU and tower "high volume Wojo guys" is laughable.

I didn’t call them that. They don’t usually have strong opinions one way or another. They along with 82 generally choose to take an optimistic outlook. Just wondering where their current mindset is at this time.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Tower's absence was noticeable.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
I PMd tower wondering where his post game thoughts were as I needed a little optimism. No reply  ?-(

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »
TAMU is a good poster and realistic. He has given Wojo a lot of rope, but he is a good fan.

MU82 is optimistic in a good way. Again, 90% of the time no problem with Mike, in regards to ball opinion.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 11:57:11 AM »
What’s worse? Posting less after a loss or posting more?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »
I miss Tower's recap and WC's GIFs.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 12:02:06 PM »
It does seem like some of the more projo posters have gone more silent recently. Maybe...just maybe, they are starting to see things for what they are and what some of us saw years ago. Reality sucks, but this is where we are unfortunately.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 12:04:17 PM »
guru

Regardless of what Pro/No Jo, he will be the coach next year. Accept it and move on. No one is letting Dawson, Lewis and Osa and potentially Mane get away.

I would assume the Projos are avoiding the cesspool.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »
Dr. Lovell was one of the Eucharistic Ministers at mass this morning.  I thought a fire WOJO during a lull in the signing was appropriate but the wife said no.  Opportunity lost I think.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
PTM

I would take a wager that he is not the coach next season. New jobs are job security, losing in year seven is not. If he ever got fired from MU he is an assistant for rest of career.
He has a chance to set his family up for life if he can hack another 6-8 years as a HC and should be on his mind.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
What’s worse? Posting less after a loss or posting more?

One of the main points I try to make.

People who post after a win to discuss the game, and critique the good and the bad are not equivalent to those who post after a loss and do nothing but trash the coach and players( many of whom are playing through injury no less ).

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »
PTM

I would take a wager that he is not the coach next season. New jobs are job security, losing in year seven is not. If he ever got fired from MU he is an assistant for rest of career.
He has a chance to set his family up for life if he can hack another 6-8 years as a HC and should be on his mind.

If he lands Mane, highly doubt he would leave on his own, even if we miss NCAA tournament, and no way I see MU letting him go.  Ultimately, Wojo isn't a quick study, but he is a grinder, and the hope would that after 6 years and seeing how letting one player be ball dominant is a formula for disaster - he'll become a better coach.  This is the best we can hope for..and it is possible.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »
Does every response on Scoop now need to be categorized as either a pro-Wojo or anti-Wojo? 

Other than the Providence result, every game has gone the way it was projected to (I would have thought we would have lost to Nova and beat Providence).

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
I PMd tower wondering where his post game thoughts were as I needed a little optimism. No reply  ?-(

Haven't you guys figured it out ??

iI AM TOWER!!!!!!!!  ROFLMFAO

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 01:43:48 PM »
PTM

I’m not a betting man but I’d take that action.

feedback