[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214789 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2020, 10:29:36 AM »
Saw all up through E6 on Sundance so far, looking online it is no longer available

I'll look up the Sundance lineup. Maybe they'll have a late night marathon where I can get a DVR of it.

I'm sure I'd survive just fine getting a recap and then hopping right in to episode two but, man, this show is so good I'm desperate to watch every minute we can get.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2020, 11:38:43 AM »
Saw all up through E6 on Sundance so far, looking online it is no longer available

I believe it will be on HULU starting next month.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
Season 4 so far is very good, but darker, but Tobias Menzies continues to KILL it as Philip. One of the highlights of the last 2 seasons for
me. Also, she has generally annoyed me post X-Files but Gillian Anderson is EXCELLENT as Thatcher

Gilliam Anderson player the lead in a BBC show called The Fall. She was great.

It’s definitely available on either Netflix or AmazonPrime.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #953 on: November 24, 2020, 10:01:24 PM »
Just finished The Good Place.

For me, Chidi's departure was the most emotional.

Probably about as good an ending as there could have been for that show.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #954 on: November 25, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
Just finished The Good Place.

For me, Chidi's departure was the most emotional.

Probably about as good an ending as there could have been for that show.

Preach. I loved that brilliant, stupid little show.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #955 on: November 25, 2020, 02:44:07 PM »
Thoroughly enjoying The Crown. Only 7 episodes into the first season, but the last few have been very good. And I am an American who doesn't get why so many others are obsessed with the royals.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #956 on: November 25, 2020, 04:12:47 PM »
Thoroughly enjoying The Crown. Only 7 episodes into the first season, but the last few have been very good. And I am an American who doesn't get why so many others are obsessed with the royals.

It only gets better, you should really enjoy later seasons more IMO.

I had a similar convo with my GF during season 4. I’m an unabashed Anglophile but that doesn’t really extend to the royal family. That being said, I kind of get it.  England has an outsized impact on the world, compared to its size, both historically and even in current music, movies, etc... other countries of equal importance don’t really have a monarch. Thus they are sort of unique in that regard, beyond the fact that the English monarchy was kind of THE monarchy for so many years.   So I get the magnitude of the monarchy and why it’s still so larger than life. Why so many non-UK people are obsessed? Not a clue. People like celebrity of all sorts I suppose

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #957 on: November 25, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »

I think it’s as good as anything that Netflix has done. As Wags said, it only gets better.
Lithgow’s performance as Churchill is outstanding.

Although I am a big fan of English history from about 900 AD onward, like you, I had little interest in the current Royal family.

The actress who plays the queen in seasons 3-4 is even better than the one from the 1st two seasons.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:36:09 PM by Jockey »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #958 on: November 25, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »
Thanks guys. Looking forward to catching up after our late start on The Crown.

Lithgow is great in everything.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #959 on: November 26, 2020, 06:44:10 AM »

Lithgow is great in everything.
Those who paid to see Cliffhanger are one line one.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #960 on: November 26, 2020, 08:08:13 PM »
Holy s**t. Just started Utopia on Amazon Prime. Absolutely mind-blowing show. Just completely enthralling. Sucked me in after about 30 minutes and the first two episodes are just wild. Interesting, intense, and at times disturbing, and I'm only two episodes in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #961 on: November 26, 2020, 08:26:09 PM »
Season 8 of the Curse of Oak Island

Marquette grad, Peter Fornetti, sporting his "Marquette 3" t shirt in episode 1.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #962 on: November 27, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »
Having now watched GoT and just noticing Chick's avatar for the first time in a while, I can't help but wonder if she picked that avatar "before or after..."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #963 on: November 27, 2020, 06:00:03 PM »
Holy s**t. Just started Utopia on Amazon Prime. Absolutely mind-blowing show. Just completely enthralling. Sucked me in after about 30 minutes and the first two episodes are just wild. Interesting, intense, and at times disturbing, and I'm only two episodes in.

Ha I absolutely hated it.

Show is pretty nutty tho and the first ep had some good stuff.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #964 on: November 28, 2020, 12:03:37 AM »
The actress who plays the queen in seasons 3-4 is even better than the one from the 1st two seasons.

Olivia Coleman is so fantastically underrated and unknown in the US till recently. She’s been critically acclaimed and winning awards in the UK for the better part of a decade and was beloved as one of the best acting talents of her generation. But it’s not been until Fleabag, The Favourite, and now the Crown, in the last 2 years that people have been like “oh wow, she’s very talented”. Phoebe Waller Bridge has talked about being intimidated and in awe of being able to work with her, on her own show!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Having now watched GoT and just noticing Chick's avatar for the first time in a while, I can't help but wonder if she picked that avatar "before or after..."

I have had this avatar for years, and I don't know what you mean by "before or after".
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:40:58 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #966 on: November 29, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
I have had this avatar for years, and I don't know what you mean by "before or after".

Probably means whether you chose it before or after the character changed in the last two or three episodes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #967 on: November 29, 2020, 10:59:37 AM »
Probably means whether you chose it before or after the character changed in the last two or three episodes.

Believe it or not, I have not watched the last season yet.  I heard it was very disappointing and have been putting off watching it because I don't want to ruin my overall feelings for the show.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #968 on: November 29, 2020, 02:50:24 PM »

And two days after I found it, Amazon cancelled it. Damn.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #969 on: November 29, 2020, 02:56:45 PM »
Believe it or not, I have not watched the last season yet.  I heard it was very disappointing and have been putting off watching it because I don't want to ruin my overall feelings for the show.

Don't do it. Write your own fan fiction, fine tune it over time, and then sit down with a glass of wine and imagine it all comes true because it'll be better than what D&D came up with.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #970 on: November 29, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »
Season 8 of the Curse of Oak Island

Marquette grad, Peter Fornetti, sporting his "Marquette 3" t shirt in episode 1.

I loved it! I kinda have to watch the show with my wife as she is a big fan. It keeps her happy when I watch it with her. I think the real treasure is the Big Bucks they must be getting from History Channel. The millions they blow with the big equipment contractors is far more than I think they will ever find in elusive treasure. That island is starting to look like a huge slice of swiss cheese with the hundreds of holes they have bored or dug.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #971 on: December 02, 2020, 08:42:59 PM »
Not much of a PBS watcher, but I watched the Downton Abby movie; and not having watched the series the movie was somewhat hard to follow with all the characters. So I Binged the entire series on Amazon and surprisingly enjoyed it very much.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #972 on: December 02, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »

If you are a fan of the Starks the ending was satisfying though bitter sweet. I thought the last season was visually stunning.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #973 on: December 02, 2020, 10:31:40 PM »
I find the movie versions of TV series very meh.  Downtown Abbey, Entourage, SATC. etc.

Quality-wise, they are no better than regular episodes.  What did they do with the extra budget money?

Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #974 on: December 03, 2020, 05:11:37 AM »
I find the movie versions of TV series very meh.  Downtown Abbey, Entourage, SATC. etc.

Quality-wise, they are no better than regular episodes.  What did they do with the extra budget money?

I agree. The film of Downton Abby was a final episode to wrap up few loose ends.