[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214937 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #875 on: October 31, 2020, 07:02:05 PM »
The good place ended about as perfectly as it could of for a show like that

Agreed. I was pretty confident I was going to walk away unsatisfied but they ended it very well.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #876 on: October 31, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
I thought the entire last season of Silicon Valley was very “meh.” Same with the last season of The Wire. To me the last seasons of each of those were by far the worst in the series.

I liked the journalism angle and some of the actors in S5 of The Wire. But the fake serial killer thing was just a little too out there.

People hated S2 but I thought it was solid. 3 and 4 were as good as it gets.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #877 on: November 02, 2020, 07:12:08 AM »
GoT S8 complete. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't nearly at the level of earlier seasons. I'm left with the assumption that it was a case of managing expectations. I had heard so, so much about how much people hated it that I had extraordinarily low expectations. I imagine that if I'd watched it without that baggage, I would have been really disappointed. But, since I thought it would be terrible, it managed to exceed my expectations.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #878 on: November 02, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
GoT S8 complete. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't nearly at the level of earlier seasons. I'm left with the assumption that it was a case of managing expectations. I had heard so, so much about how much people hated it that I had extraordinarily low expectations. I imagine that if I'd watched it without that baggage, I would have been really disappointed. But, since I thought it would be terrible, it managed to exceed my expectations.

I didn’t think S8 was terrible. For me, it was the last episode that disappointed. They tied up everything with a cute bow after not doing that for the entire run of the slow.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #879 on: November 02, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
Ted Lasso. It really has no business being good, but it's quite enjoyable.

I absolutely HATED the NBC ads with his character, but I love the show. Even my non-soccer fan wife is enjoying it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #880 on: November 02, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
Final seasons of Breaking Bad, Homeland and Six Feet Under were primo. Going back to forever, Mary Tyler Moore also excelled. 24, I was on the edge of my seat, as usual. Deadwood, outstanding. A lot of people didn't like the way Sopranos ended, but the season overall was very good. NYPD Blue was good to the last cop. Agree about the Shield. The Americans ended strongly.

On the bad side, Dexter blew. MASH sucked. House of Cards was wretched. All in the Family, probably my all-time favorite comedy, was unwatchable by the end. I didn't hate GoT's last season as much as many here did, but it obviously was a major step down. I couldn't watch The Office at the end. Weeds was a lot of fun ... until it wasn't. I was somewhat disappointed in S5 of The Wire, but it really wasn't that bad; S4 was one of the best seasons of any show in the history of TV, so an impossible act to follow.

Looking ahead, I really, really liked the most recent season of Better Call Saul - by far the best of the series IMHO - so I'm hoping they end strongly. Stranger Things ... I worry that it might not have a satisfying ending, but I hope I'm wrong.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #881 on: November 02, 2020, 02:40:47 PM »
Final seasons of Breaking Bad, Homeland and Six Feet Under were primo. Going back to forever, Mary Tyler Moore also excelled. 24, I was on the edge of my seat, as usual. Deadwood, outstanding. A lot of people didn't like the way Sopranos ended, but the season overall was very good. NYPD Blue was good to the last cop. Agree about the Shield. The Americans ended strongly.

On the bad side, Dexter blew. MASH sucked. House of Cards was wretched. All in the Family, probably my all-time favorite comedy, was unwatchable by the end. I didn't hate GoT's last season as much as many here did, but it obviously was a major step down. I couldn't watch The Office at the end. Weeds was a lot of fun ... until it wasn't. I was somewhat disappointed in S5 of The Wire, but it really wasn't that bad; S4 was one of the best seasons of any show in the history of TV, so an impossible act to follow.

Looking ahead, I really, really liked the most recent season of Better Call Saul - by far the best of the series IMHO - so I'm hoping they end strongly. Stranger Things ... I worry that it might not have a satisfying ending, but I hope I'm wrong.

While the office was really trash in the end the last couple episodes were pretty decent. It had a slight redemption
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #882 on: November 02, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »
While the office was really trash in the end the last couple episodes were pretty decent. It had a slight redemption

I'll take your word for it. I stopped watching long before then.

I have never liked Ed Helms as an actor. ; just think he's not very good. (Obviously others agree, especially the execs who keep casting him for stuff.) And the Gabe character ... just didn't like any moment he was on the screen. And without Michael Scott to save the show, I just stopped watching.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #883 on: November 02, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »
I absolutely HATED the NBC ads with his character, but I love the show. Even my non-soccer fan wife is enjoying it.

Who is streaming this show?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #884 on: November 02, 2020, 03:50:50 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #885 on: November 02, 2020, 03:51:05 PM »

The final season of The Man in the High Castle was also a major letdown.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #886 on: November 02, 2020, 03:52:20 PM »
Apple TV

Thanks.  That sucks. Dont have apple tv.  Heard lasso is really funny.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #887 on: November 02, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »

We watched it two weeks ago.  It was quite good.  Between that and the Carrell/Aniston show, it may be worth your time to do a free or discounted trial if they have one.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #888 on: November 02, 2020, 03:55:52 PM »

A classic case of a great start, ok middle, then can't figure out how to end it, so make the worst possible ending.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #889 on: November 02, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »

They offer a 7 day free trial if you think you can get through ten half-hour episodes in a week.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #890 on: November 02, 2020, 04:01:46 PM »
anyone else dig twilight

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #891 on: November 02, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »

I agree.  It felt disjointed and thrown together and the episodes felt out of place with the first three seasons.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #892 on: November 02, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »

We've zipped through 9 episodes in three days so it's doable in the trial period.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #893 on: November 03, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Queen’s Gambit on Netflix is pretty damn good.

My daughter came home from college last night and asked if I'd seen this. I said that I'd heard of it (from here) and she suggested we watch it together. We watched the first episode and I'll definitely continue.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #894 on: November 07, 2020, 09:47:45 PM »
Unorthodox is one of the best things we’ve seen on TV this year.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #895 on: November 07, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
Never watched it during its original HBO run, but I am currently watching Treme, a show about post-Katrina New Orleans.  Very interesting look at what it was like to be a local in that area.
Have some patience, FFS.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #896 on: November 07, 2020, 10:40:01 PM »
There has been a lot of talk here about bad final seasons for many shows. Off the top of my head, I think of Dexter and GoT. True Blood was another - except it was the final couple of seasons that lost their way.

But give credit where it is due. The final season of Homeland is as good of a final season as I have seen for a show.. I also just finished re-watching The Shield and the final season there was outstanding as well.

The Shields final season and finale itself were both fantastic. Its right there with Breaking Bad for best finales ever
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #897 on: November 08, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
Dave chappelle SNL monologue

https://youtu.be/Un_VvR_WqNs
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 11:33:06 AM by jesmu84 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #898 on: November 08, 2020, 07:02:13 PM »
I thought the monologue was .. lame. 

The last 90 seconds were decent, but otherwise not great.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #899 on: November 08, 2020, 08:44:01 PM »
The casting of The Morning Show is perfect. Such dark themes but the natural comedic abilities of the actors helps give much needed comic relief that doesn’t need to be forced into the script.

feedback