[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 213680 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #825 on: October 23, 2020, 12:19:33 PM »
Cobra Kai has some of the worst acting on TV right now.  The leads are awful, but I love the conceit of using the original cast; the supporting roles are also almost uniformly terrible, but I find myself rooting hard for the "good kids" and wondering what will come of Johnny, Danny and their students and children. I've enjoyed it.

Cobra Kai's writing and character development make up for the B-Movie acting. I have been overjoyed that the good kids and bad kids all operate int he grey area 50% of the time. Really compelling storytelling, IMO.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #826 on: October 23, 2020, 12:23:39 PM »
Has anybody watched The Trial of the Chicago 7? Heard good things and was thinking about binging it this rainy weekend.

Sorry, I don’t keep up with this thread but find it helpful when I get recommendations on shows. So if this has been discussed previously in here I apologize.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #827 on: October 23, 2020, 12:43:08 PM »

So yeah a couple weeks ago I posted that I wasn't very impressed, but the last couple of episodes were really good.

I'm about 90% sure I understand the connection between this season and a previous one.  But it almost seems too obvious.

You're one step ahead of me (what else is new?), cuz I don't even remember season 3!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #828 on: October 23, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »
Has anybody watched The Trial of the Chicago 7? Heard good things and was thinking about binging it this rainy weekend.

Sorry, I don’t keep up with this thread but find it helpful when I get recommendations on shows. So if this has been discussed previously in here I apologize.

Watched it last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it... Though SBC had problems with his accent.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #829 on: October 23, 2020, 02:35:48 PM »
Watched it last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it... Though SBC had problems with his accent.

Nothing earth shattering in the story - pretty much as I remember it - but it was enjoyable.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #830 on: October 25, 2020, 04:43:57 PM »
Have you watched Chapelle's Netflix stuff?

All of it.  His most recent was devastating.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #831 on: October 25, 2020, 05:31:50 PM »
All of it.  His most recent was devastating.

Yup

Also, the new Dave Chappelle guest spot on David Lettermen's Netflix show is outstanding!

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
thanks; that looks like the best of the new bunch.  I won't be watching Kim K, that's for sure!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2020, 10:03:34 AM »
Borat 2

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »
My SIL watched it and deleted all of her socials immediately.

I didn't delete everything but did disable all notifications and deleted the apps from my phone. I figure if I really want to go on Twitter I can take the extra step of going to grab my computer.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »
Out of curiosity, what's the gist if the documentary in regards to social media?
Why terrible?

If I had to sum up the documentary using one line from the film, it would be: "If you aren't paying for the product, you are the product."

The film exhibits the inner-design of social media and how the data is collected, analyzed, monetized and utilized to imperceptibly manipulate human behavior.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
If I had to sum up the documentary using one line from the film, it would be: "If you aren't paying for the product, you are the product."

The film exhibits the inner-design of social media and how the data is collected, analyzed, monetized and utilized to imperceptibly manipulate human behavior.

I'm of the persuasion that our data should be ours.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2020, 11:37:38 AM »
Borat 2

So you enjoy racist, xenophobic "comedy", and the exploitation of people from other countries ao that Westerns can laugh at them?  Good to know that you hate.  Racist.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #838 on: October 26, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
So you enjoy racist, xenophobic "comedy", and the exploitation of people from other countries ao that Westerns can laugh at them?  Good to know that you hate.  Racist.

I do, too.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #839 on: October 26, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »
I do, too.

You enjoy racism and xenophobia?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #840 on: October 26, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #841 on: October 26, 2020, 03:01:03 PM »

Thanks BM1090 and Benny. 
I assume LinkedIn is included?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #842 on: October 26, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
Just starting S8 of GoT. Based on most of what I've heard, I'm prepared to be disappointed (although truth be told, a fair amount of S7 was already disappointing). Either way, I'll probably be done in a week or so and looking for something else.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #843 on: October 26, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »
Just starting S8 of GoT. Based on most of what I've heard, I'm prepared to be disappointed (although truth be told, a fair amount of S7 was already disappointing). Either way, I'll probably be done in a week or so and looking for something else.

Save yourself the pain and agony and write fan fiction for the last season because it'll be better than what you're about to see.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #844 on: October 26, 2020, 03:36:43 PM »
Everyone with Netflix who hasn't watched it needs to watch The Social Dillemma (documentary).

The presentation is a little hokey, but the message is worth every minute of it.

There is a four-part PBS series called Hacking Your Mind. It talks generally about conscious and unconscious factors that drive our decisions, but there is a very good segment (in episode 3) that addresses how social media platforms monetize and manipulate their users.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #845 on: October 26, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

Just finally watched the entire series.  Season 8 was so, so bad.  Good thing is, GRRM will have a different story, if his fat ass ever finishes the last 2 books.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #847 on: October 26, 2020, 06:43:45 PM »
Still funny?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7686885.stm

Racist xenophobe.

Faux outrage is a good look on you. Snowflake.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #848 on: October 26, 2020, 07:33:04 PM »
Just finally watched the entire series.  Season 8 was so, so bad.  Good thing is, GRRM will have a different story, if his fat ass ever finishes the last 2 books.

He won't.

His details will be different, yes. But he told the writers for the show where all the characters will end up and wanted them in those same places in the book and show

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #849 on: October 26, 2020, 07:53:34 PM »

Biggest let down ever. Season 7 wasn't great but had its moments and while they started jumping as if they all had super speed there was still some development but to wait so long and get the steaming pile of crap that was  season 8 was just horrific.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback