[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 210889 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #800 on: October 12, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Hubie Halloween was pretty funny/wholesome if you like Adam Sandler movies.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #801 on: October 12, 2020, 10:31:32 AM »
I was wrong about the boys.

Lots of payoff.

I worry about expanding the "world" and allowing too many of the characters to have their own/separate/distinct story/plotlines watering things down

MU82

• All American
« Reply #802 on: October 12, 2020, 09:33:41 PM »
Finally finished Season 2 of The Boys.

I think Season 1 was my favorite season of a new TV show since Season 1 of Stranger Things. So it would have been tough to keep up that quality and freshness.

I agree with those who said the first part of this season was a little disjointed -- they were trying to introduce so many characters and story lines. But the last several episodes were outstanding, and E8 was perfect.

There has never been a show like this. Just the concept -- a$$hole superheroes -- is so fresh and fun. It is filled with gore and cursing, so if that bothers folks they shouldn't watch it, but it also has a lot of laughs and tension. I recommended it to my son (age 33) and he loves it.

And speaking of my son, he touted Pen15 to me and my wife. We tried the first two episodes and hated it. I thought maybe my wife hated it so much that it influenced me, so I watched E3 on my own ... but I just didn't like it. And I'm a sucker for raunchy comedies, comedies about teenagers, etc. That's why they make lots of different shows -- everybody ain't gonna like everything.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #803 on: October 14, 2020, 12:58:04 PM »
Duh f*ck happened at the end of The Boys E7?!

An example of an instance where many hope life would imitate art?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #804 on: October 14, 2020, 08:40:12 PM »
This could be really great ... or really bad. Either way, I'm here for it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dexter-revival-coming-to-showtime-as-limited-series

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #805 on: October 15, 2020, 08:40:52 AM »
This could be really great ... or really bad. Either way, I'm here for it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dexter-revival-coming-to-showtime-as-limited-series

Given how absolutely terrible that series “ended” not sure where they would go with it. However it being the original show runner gives some hope

MU82

• All American
« Reply #806 on: October 15, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »
Maybe figure out a way to bring back Lithgow. He seems willing to be in just about anything and everything.

Arthur Miller's even more evil twin brother, perhaps? Or maybe the Trinity Killer's backstory?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #807 on: October 16, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »
Throwing myself into Evil, on Netflix (orginally aired on CBS)...some Hannibal vibes for sure, scary, a bit campy, but a fun watch.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #808 on: October 16, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
Ted Lasso. It really has no business being good, but it's quite enjoyable.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #809 on: October 16, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »
Updated Sports viewership chart:

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #810 on: October 16, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »

Yeah, but Professional Cornhole is up 1865%
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #811 on: October 16, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
Yeah, but Professional Cornhole is up 1865%

I have helped the Cobra Kai viewership and finished the first two seasons last week.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #812 on: October 16, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »

That's interesting stuff.

Obviously, if it was all about NBA players voicing their opinions, as some claim, three of the whitest, non-BLMest sports around would not have seen their ratings decline the most.

In summary, NBA playoffs (including Finals) had less of a falloff than the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, U.S. Open golf, U.S. Open tennis, Stanley Cup playoffs and MLB divisional series.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #813 on: October 16, 2020, 03:34:54 PM »
Good for the WNBA
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #814 on: October 16, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »
That's interesting stuff.

Obviously, if it was all about NBA players voicing their opinions, as some claim, three of the whitest, non-BLMest sports around would not have seen their ratings decline the most.

In summary, NBA playoffs (including Finals) had less of a falloff than the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, U.S. Open golf, U.S. Open tennis, Stanley Cup playoffs and MLB divisional series.

All those people hoofed and poofed when those horses all took a knee.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #815 on: October 16, 2020, 04:30:57 PM »
My wife and I have been watching Ratched. She likes it more than I do. I don't hate it, but so much of it is totally unbelievable and melodramatic. I will say that Sarah Paulson is excellent in the title role, and Sharon Stone is a lot of fun.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #816 on: October 23, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
Everyone with Netflix who hasn't watched it needs to watch The Social Dillemma (documentary).

The presentation is a little hokey, but the message is worth every minute of it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #817 on: October 23, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
Everyone with Netflix who hasn't watched it needs to watch The Social Dillemma (documentary).

The presentation is a little hokey, but the message is worth every minute of it.

My SIL watched it and deleted all of her socials immediately.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #818 on: October 23, 2020, 10:04:03 AM »

Deleted all my social media during grad school due to a course that covered the  science and analytics discussed in this. Then watched this doc with my parents last weekend and they were baffled as if I hadn't been telling them for the past year to delete their damn social media.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #819 on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:37 AM »
Nearly caught up on Fargo.

I thought the first several episodes had a lot of filler and artsy crapola that detracted from the story.
But E5 was outstanding IMHO, with lots of action and tension, and really moved the story forward. Looking forward to more now.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #820 on: October 23, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »
Nearly caught up on Fargo.

I thought the first several episodes had a lot of filler and artsy crapola that detracted from the story.
But E5 was outstanding IMHO, with lots of action and tension, and really moved the story forward. Looking forward to more now.

So yeah a couple weeks ago I posted that I wasn't very impressed, but the last couple of episodes were really good.

I'm about 90% sure I understand the connection between this season and a previous one.  But it almost seems too obvious.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:21:04 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #821 on: October 23, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
I have helped the Cobra Kai viewership and finished the first two seasons last week.

Cobra Kai has some of the worst acting on TV right now.  The leads are awful, but I love the conceit of using the original cast; the supporting roles are also almost uniformly terrible, but I find myself rooting hard for the "good kids" and wondering what will come of Johnny, Danny and their students and children. I've enjoyed it.

Also watching Treme (a bit late to the party).  Just wow.  It just reeks of NOLA.  Simon just brings the city into your living room (even more than in The Wire).

Last, watching Unbelievable.  Compelling, amazing acting, frustrating (knowing that it is at least based on a true story) and hopeful (they gotta catch this guy, right?).

Taking a different tack with these--not binging, but more or less watching once a week with Mrs. Legs.  Although we have watched back to back episodes of Unbelievable a couple of times.

PS-also ran through all of the Bill Burr on Netflix that I had not yet watched.  Not with Mrs. Legs.  :-X

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #822 on: October 23, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
Cobra Kai has some of the worst acting on TV right now.  The leads are awful, but I love the conceit of using the original cast; the supporting roles are also almost uniformly terrible, but I find myself rooting hard for the "good kids" and wondering what will come of Johnny, Danny and their students and children. I've enjoyed it.

Also watching Treme (a bit late to the party).  Just wow.  It just reeks of NOLA.  Simon just brings the city into your living room (even more than in The Wire).

Last, watching Unbelievable.  Compelling, amazing acting, frustrating (knowing that it is at least based on a true story) and hopeful (they gotta catch this guy, right?).

Taking a different tack with these--not binging, but more or less watching once a week with Mrs. Legs.  Although we have watched back to back episodes of Unbelievable a couple of times.

PS-also ran through all of the Bill Burr on Netflix that I had not yet watched.  Not with Mrs. Legs.  :-X

Have you watched Chapelle's Netflix stuff?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #823 on: October 23, 2020, 12:09:38 PM »
My wife and I have been watching Ratched. She likes it more than I do. I don't hate it, but so much of it is totally unbelievable and melodramatic. I will say that Sarah Paulson is excellent in the title role, and Sharon Stone is a lot of fun.

We tried it for 2 episodes - didn’t like it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #824 on: October 23, 2020, 12:12:29 PM »

Out of curiosity, what's the gist if the documentary in regards to social media?
Why terrible?