[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 210902 times)

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #775 on: October 02, 2020, 05:32:06 AM »
Watched the 4 part Challenger documentary on Netflix. Very interesting. A lot of information I never knew about NASA and the private contractors’ knowledge of the continued danger with each launch.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »
Watching Utopia. Rainn Wilson is always interesting.

Also started Marvelous Mrs Maisel, very entertaining.

Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #777 on: October 02, 2020, 11:59:52 AM »
Watched about 15 minutes of Pen15 before I couldn’t take it anymore.

Holy sh!t that’s one of the worst things I’ve seen in quite some time. Have no idea how it’s so popular/critically acclaimed.

It's a great show. I am guessing you never had a teenage daughter.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #778 on: October 02, 2020, 01:12:55 PM »
Watched the 4 part Challenger documentary on Netflix. Very interesting. A lot of information I never knew about NASA and the private contractors’ knowledge of the continued danger with each launch.

for sure, especially how Morton Thiokol was pressured into signing off on the launch even though the temp was under 53 degrees and the head of Thiokol to this day says he made the right decision while the others are still haunted by it.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #779 on: October 02, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »
Plowed through Take Us Home on Amazon about Leeds United. An old coworker is from Leeds played in their system when he was a kid and told him I'd jump on the Leeds bandwagon upon promotion so I've really enjoyed it.  Different than Southerland Til I Die as they were angry watching their team bottom out while Leeds was fighting for promotion to the EPL.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #780 on: October 02, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
for sure, especially how Morton Thiokol was pressured into signing off on the launch even though the temp was under 53 degrees and the head of Thiokol to this day says he made the right decision while the others are still haunted by it.

My most haunting Challenger memory is of someone coming into my office, which I shared with 3 other people, and telling us about the shuttle blowing up.  While 3 of us sat there in shock, the 4th person immediately got on the phone to his broker and screamed at him to dump his Morton Thiokol stock.  Class guy.
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #781 on: October 02, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
Watched The Outpost on Netflix, based on the Jake Tapper book about the Taliban surge on Camp Keating.

Wow, tough watch, but incredibly well done and a story of some incredible heroism.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #782 on: October 02, 2020, 04:13:47 PM »
Have watched much of Cobra Kai Season 1. (Enjoyed the first two movies) So far so good.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #783 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:16 PM »
Guy comes across as a total assh*le. No conscience.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #784 on: October 03, 2020, 02:08:57 AM »
Duh f*ck happened at the end of The Boys E7?!
Maigh Eo for Sam

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #785 on: October 09, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
Been said a few times here but Ted Lasso is so much better than I expected it'd be.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #786 on: October 09, 2020, 11:44:53 AM »
Fargo Season 4.

It's...fine. 

Seasons 1 and 2 were brilliant.  Season 3 was a step back.  So it's not trending well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #787 on: October 09, 2020, 01:44:05 PM »
It's a great show. I am guessing you never had a teenage daughter.

Pen15 is on my watchlist. I almost thought I might delete it after reading Chitown's post...but since I have had two teenage daughters, I'll give it a shot.

Currently watching You're the Worst. Mildly amusing - not great, but not totally awful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #788 on: October 09, 2020, 04:36:45 PM »
Been said a few times here but Ted Lasso is so much better than I expected it'd be.

I said it through about 5-6 episodes, but now that I’ve finished the seasons, it rings even more true. I showed my GF the original NBC skit to show how different the show ended up being.  If they made a full show with that tone and corniness, it would have been terrible. But it ended up being so heartfelt and skirting the lines of cliche tropes but instead just worked perfectly. And it’s legitimately laugh out loud funny in parts. Sudeikis should win awards.

Speaking of pleasantly surprised, finally got around to watching Killing Eve. Through 2 seasons...wow. Just an incredible show and further solidifies Phoebe Waller-Bridge works as “must watch”.  Fleabag, Crashing, Killing Eve, makes me very excited for the Bond screenplay she was involved in. Others who’ve watched KE, am I the only one who can’t stand Eve? She’s not detestable but she’s very annoying and grating with how terrible she is at her joB. Admittedly, I’m not a fan of Sandra Oh at all, but still.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #789 on: October 09, 2020, 06:06:34 PM »
I said it through about 5-6 episodes, but now that I’ve finished the seasons, it rings even more true. I showed my GF the original NBC skit to show how different the show ended up being.  If they made a full show with that tone and corniness, it would have been terrible. But it ended up being so heartfelt and skirting the lines of cliche tropes but instead just worked perfectly. And it’s legitimately laugh out loud funny in parts. Sudeikis should win awards.

Speaking of pleasantly surprised, finally got around to watching Killing Eve. Through 2 seasons...wow. Just an incredible show and further solidifies Phoebe Waller-Bridge works as “must watch”.  Fleabag, Crashing, Killing Eve, makes me very excited for the Bond screenplay she was involved in. Others who’ve watched KE, am I the only one who can’t stand Eve? She’s not detestable but she’s very annoying and grating with how terrible she is at her joB. Admittedly, I’m not a fan of Sandra Oh at all, but still.

Thanks for the recommendation for Ted. It wasn’t a show I was even considering but will try it now.

Agree totally on Eve. Great show.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #790 on: October 09, 2020, 06:15:17 PM »

Pen15 is on my watchlist. I almost thought I might delete it after reading Chitown's post...but since I have had two teenage daughters, I'll give it a shot.

Currently watching You're the Worst. Mildly amusing - not great, but not totally awful.

How far along on the ride?

Thought it got steadily better throughout it's run and later seasons see it handle some serious topics really well.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #791 on: October 09, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »
How far along on the ride?

Thought it got steadily better throughout it's run and later seasons see it handle some serious topics really well.

Early in season three. Just got through the back to back episodes where they deal with PTSD, first from everybody else’s perspective, and then from Edgar’s. I agree that it has gotten better since the beginning, so it is good to hear that it continues to improve.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #792 on: October 09, 2020, 09:03:57 PM »
I said it through about 5-6 episodes, but now that I%u2019ve finished the seasons, it rings even more true. I showed my GF the original NBC skit to show how different the show ended up being.  If they made a full show with that tone and corniness, it would have been terrible. But it ended up being so heartfelt and skirting the lines of cliche tropes but instead just worked perfectly. And it%u2019s legitimately laugh out loud funny in parts. Sudeikis should win awards.

Speaking of pleasantly surprised, finally got around to watching Killing Eve. Through 2 seasons...wow. Just an incredible show and further solidifies Phoebe Waller-Bridge works as %u201Cmust watch%u201D.  Fleabag, Crashing, Killing Eve, makes me very excited for the Bond screenplay she was involved in. Others who%u2019ve watched KE, am I the only one who can%u2019t stand Eve? She%u2019s not detestable but she%u2019s very annoying and grating with how terrible she is at her joB. Admittedly, I%u2019m not a fan of Sandra Oh at all, but still.

I saw the Ted Lasso previews and I do want to watch.

Killing Eve Seasons 1 & 2 we're excellent.  Did not like S3 so much. It felt like it was just town together and was disjointed and I didn't see the storyline.  I will be curious if your thoughts
If you like Kim Bodnia as Constatin, check out The Danish-Swedish show The Bridge (Bron - Broen).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:10:10 PM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #793 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:08 AM »
Just curious where you can stream Killing Eve. Looking for my next show to watch.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #794 on: October 10, 2020, 10:47:30 AM »
Just curious where you can stream Killing Eve. Looking for my next show to watch.

I remember it being on Hulu like a year ago. Not sure if its still there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #795 on: October 10, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
I remember it being on Hulu like a year ago. Not sure if its still there.

Hulu

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #796 on: October 10, 2020, 01:23:38 PM »

Early in season three. Just got through the back to back episodes where they deal with PTSD, first from everybody else’s perspective, and then from Edgar’s. I agree that it has gotten better since the beginning, so it is good to hear that it continues to improve.

That was a heavier topic then I expected on a show like that and thought they did a pretty good job.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #797 on: October 10, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »
That was a heavier topic then I expected on a show like that and thought they did a pretty good job.

Agreed. They did a nice job of showing the seriousness of the issue, without making it too heavy for a sitcom.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #798 on: October 12, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »
Anybody here watch Upload?

I cannot figure out if I'm enjoying it or not.

Also the season finale for the Boys was nuts.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #799 on: October 12, 2020, 10:17:16 AM »
Anybody here watch Upload?

I cannot figure out if I'm enjoying it or not.

Also the season finale for the Boys was nuts.

Yes on both.  Upload was .. interesting.  Kinda good sometimes, kinda stupid sometimes. 

The Boys .. very nice.   I think I'd rather have the superpower to blow up someone's heart internally, instead of their skull.   Less mess to clean up.

feedback