Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: For PROWOJO-ers only  (Read 15778 times)

seakm4

• Team Captain
Re: For PROWOJO-ers only
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2019, 10:58:56 PM »
He should comment on this thread that the term for wojo backers is

PRO-JO

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2019, 11:11:24 PM »
I've made a coupla snarky responses, but I'll now make a serious one (for those scoring at home) ...

++ Hausershima ruined his best season, and he has to get some of the blame. One of a coach's main jobs, in any sport at any level, is managing player-ego-driven situations just like that one. Even if he wasn't primarily responsible (that's a matter of opinion, and everybody has one on this subject), it happened on his watch and he wasn't able to quell it. Can even the most Pro of the ProWojo-ers say he had 0.00% responsibility for what happened?

This was about 99.9% wojos fault. It was completely preventable. But some scoopers have presented some very very stupid conspiracy theories that have almost ran as fact throughout this community.

I have some very first hand knowledge of this and will just say that the hausers were not the first to leave early/transfer due to the exact same concerns. (while Howard had a decent part in their decision the ultimate error was wojo) that's all I'll share about that ever.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2019, 11:46:44 PM »
This was about 99.9% wojos fault. It was completely preventable. But some scoopers have presented some very very stupid conspiracy theories that have almost ran as fact throughout this community.

I have some very first hand knowledge of this and will just say that the hausers were not the first to leave early/transfer due to the exact same concerns. (while Howard had a decent part in their decision the ultimate error was wojo) that's all I'll share about that ever.

Sorry, but without you making more information available, I have trouble believing that it was 99.9% Wojo's fault or that "it was completely preventable." I am NOT calling you a liar or anything close to that. Just saying that with the information I have available to me, it's hard for me to agree with your assertion.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »
Should have burned Greg's red shirt last year.    His play this year convinces me more that he was the missing piece last year.

Maybe ... but when?

Elliott couldn't have played early in the season. By the time he seemingly was starting to get healthy enough, we were in the midst of winning almost every game without him. And then, it would have taken him quite some time to round into game shape.

Maybe he would have been "the missing piece." Or maybe he and Wojo -- and Scoop -- would have regretted it, much the same way many regretted Cadougan not being redshirted.

Finally, maybe Elliott actually wanted to redshirt, especially after quite a bit of time had passed before he was healthy enough. Has he talked about that?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2019, 11:55:34 PM »

Finally, maybe Elliott actually wanted to redshirt, especially after quite a bit of time had passed before he was healthy enough. Has he talked about that?

Don’t have the source but I recall Wojo addressing this last year and I believe it was Greg’s decision to redshirt.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2019, 12:12:58 AM »

I have very first hand knowledge that says it was 99.9% Joey's fault. I also have very first hand knowledge that says it's 99.9% Dave Hauser's fault. I also have very first hand knowledge that it is 99.9% Howard's fault. I've even had very first hand knowledge that said Sam was mostly to blame. Combine that with your very first hand knowledge and it sounds like there's plenty of blame to go around.

Ultimately, Wojo is the GM so it was his responsibility and he couldn't get it done. But let's not act like everyone involved were selfless saints.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2019, 12:32:23 AM »

Give it a rest.  Joey never wanted to be at MU in the first place.  Read his comments about MSU from two weeks ago...said he loves the big campus, football games, and quite frankly good for him to be out of his brother’s shadow.  He’s way more comfortable in his current setting.  Sometimes things are preventable no matter how badly we want them to be.  Relations end all the time.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2019, 10:32:41 AM »

You should be able to tell us the concerns otherwise there is not merit to your claim.

If we look at the transfers
Burton - left due to his personal situation and let’s even say playing time.
Dawson - not high D1 talent and played like it at Liberty.
Henry - Drafted in NBA. Started as a one and done and left as that
Wally - see Henry.
Sandy Cohen - transfer to a place more suited to his talents.
Steve Taylor - foot out the door with Buzz and he didn’t make a move up so went to a lower school
Wilson - Grad transfer because he was behind Markus and Rowsey
Traci - saw his playing time decrease and relative to the talent around him understandable. He went to LaSalle grad transferred to Hartford.
Cheatham - transfer due to family reasons to FGCU. Didn’t get a good run there and then transferred to Nebraska.
Hausers - none of the above seem similar to the above unless the concern is that Wojo is recruiting talent that would cut into there PT and they transferred due to it.

Also note that Transfers have been an issue at MU since at least Crean. Buzz had a stretch we’re he didn’t have a single 4 yr player stay all four years.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »
seems at times, we pass up some good looks/shots only to try to jam a square peg into a round hole and turning it over as opposed to getting a shot.  i don't know if wojo wants a certain amount of time used off the clock, a specific player(s) to shoot from specific areas on the floor, touches??  but the more they try to get the "perfect" shot off, the more chances they have to turn it over. 

anyone ever try watching your team while flying?  got the ipad on bluetooth, headphones on...ya look up and everyone is looking at you?  my wife dang near broke one of my ribs while i was hootin and hollering with every basket or call.  SWA might have me on a list
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2019, 02:36:17 PM »
You should be able to tell us the concerns otherwise there is not merit to your claim.

If we look at the transfers
Burton - left due to his personal situation and let’s even say playing time.
Dawson - not high D1 talent and played like it at Liberty.
Henry - Drafted in NBA. Started as a one and done and left as that
Wally - see Henry.
Sandy Cohen - transfer to a place more suited to his talents.
Steve Taylor - foot out the door with Buzz and he didn’t make a move up so went to a lower school
Wilson - Grad transfer because he was behind Markus and Rowsey
Traci - saw his playing time decrease and relative to the talent around him understandable. He went to LaSalle grad transferred to Hartford.
Cheatham - transfer due to family reasons to FGCU. Didn’t get a good run there and then transferred to Nebraska.
Hausers - none of the above seem similar to the above unless the concern is that Wojo is recruiting talent that would cut into there PT and they transferred due to it.

Also note that Transfers have been an issue at MU since at least Crean. Buzz had a stretch we’re he didn’t have a single 4 yr player stay all four years.

Transfers are happening everywhere
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »

I was disinclined to believe you until you said your info was very firsthand.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2019, 04:42:20 PM »
I was disinclined to believe you until you said your info was very firsthand.

Damn straight. A whole lot better than sorta firsthand, and even better than quite firsthand.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2019, 06:13:08 AM »
well, unless you guys have firsthand knowledge that his knowledge isn't firsthand, ya gotta take jayce' word for it-sounds pretty legit and now enquiring minds got to know...come on man!!  let's have the juice!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »

If you say there was no letter then you ought to be banned
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »
If you say there was no letter then you ought to be banned

It was a silent letter....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2019, 08:38:22 AM »

It was a silent letter....

Have you noticed that more and more people are pronouncing the "t" in "often"?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »
Not very offen. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »
Have you noticed that more and more people are pronouncing the "t" in "often"?

How many silent letters are there in Wojciechowski?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »

feedback