[Today at 04:59:57 AM]

WKU by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 04:00:58 AM]

Selection Sunday article from the Bowling Green Daily News by real chili 83
[Today at 03:25:41 AM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Bracketology: Final Thoughts by 1SE
[Today at 02:29:56 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: For PROWOJO-ers only  (Read 15780 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: For PROWOJO-ers only
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
Never has been to Real Chili - also a fact
Major problem lack of commitment to the MU process
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
as far as coaches sideline drinks go:

Diet Coke > Ice water

Crean was Diet Pepsi though at Marquette so Chilled H2O wins.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 08:01:36 PM »
Classic slurper. Deflecting legitimate points with pathetic attempts at humor. Mediocrity has been accepted for far too long and I’m not sure how any proud Marquette fan from any era can accept the results from the past 5 years.

This is the year we should be back to expected levels of success. If it doesn’t happen this year, it’s time to move on.

Classic obnoxious mope. The OP specifically asked for ProWojoers, which of course didn't deter you from trying to ruin the thread.

But while I have you ...

What if the administration disagrees with you that it's time to move on after this season? What is your "or else"? You gonna become a UW-Madison Campus fan? A UWM fan? A Seton Hall fan?

If so, see ya!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »
Major problem lack of commitment to the MU process

There is something to be said for some one who hasn’t been in a ditch to ditch oyster cracker war. Band of Brothers, hey?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
I see and hear this a lot. It is really a criticism of Wojo’s system then as his system doesn’t really utilize point guards, but combo guards in a pro system. And, I have a hard time criticizing his system as it has delivered some of the best offenses in the country and in MU’s history. It may not be as traditional for your taste.

In fact, Hank was one of the great early pioneers in this offense. Both Butch and Boylan were combo guards in reality and they also subbed in Rosie. Wilson and Doc was the same thing. It was a deviation in philosophy from Al and Hank opened it up more (and his teams scored more). That said, Hank also brought in Worthen and Mandy Johnson to balance. Wojo has brought in Traci and Sy.

Fair points doc.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 08:13:32 PM »
Classic slurper. Deflecting legitimate points with pathetic attempts at humor. Mediocrity has been accepted for far too long and I’m not sure how any proud Marquette fan from any era can accept the results from the past 5 years.

This is the year we should be back to expected levels of success. If it doesn’t happen this year, it’s time to move on.

You don’t get this thread, do you?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »
Classic obnoxious mope. The OP specifically asked for ProWojoers, which of course didn't deter you from trying to ruin the thread.

But while I have you ...

What if the administration disagrees with you that it's time to move on after this season? What is your "or else"? You gonna become a UW-Madison Campus fan? A UWM fan? A Seton Hall fan?

If so, see ya!

Nope. Yet another pathetic attempt to deflect. Are you John Dodds? - I know it’s hard for you to wrap your head around this concept, but I truly care about this team and university. I will continue to to support both through thick/thin and hope that Wojo can turn it around. He’s a solid representative of the school/program and I would love for him to build something special here.

Having said that, there’s not much evidence he’s shown that he’s capable of accomplishing anything more than what he has done so far.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 08:17:10 PM »
Nope. Yet another pathetic attempt to deflect. Are you John Dodds? - I know it’s hard for you to wrap your head around this concept, but I truly care about this team and university. I will continue to to support both through thick/thin and hope that Wojo can turn it around. He’s a solid representative of the school/program and I would love for him to build something special here.

Having said that, there’s not much evidence he’s shown that he’s capable of accomplishing anything more than what he has done so far.

OK. Have a nice evening arguing for the sake of arguing in a thread that wasn't meant for you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:00 PM »

Thanks for trying to ruin what, so far, was a solid thread.

panda

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
You don’t get this thread, do you?

I learned it from you - The greatest thread hijacker of them all !

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 08:37:18 PM »
I learned it from you - The greatest thread hijacker of them all !

The OP specifically stated what was desired....other threads don't, and if they do will abide.   Sorry, this one is totally on you and your actions.

panda

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »
The OP specifically stated what was desired....other threads don't, and if they do will abide.   Sorry, this one is totally on you and your actions.

Lol - Fair enough. Just be careful Chicos. I’m watching you........

Don’t slip up.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
OK, truth be told, I was a Real Chili's holdout. Made all the way until junior year without going there, but addicted after that.

How has Wojo not gone there after 5 years?

I'm now worried.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »
I think I can categorize the Nojos in two camps.
1.  He went to Duke
2.  He isn’t just a little bit off. Al was a little crazy. Buzz was a little crazy. Wojo is not.

That said, I don’t have overall complaints on his ability to coach as he has had good offensive teams and good defensive teams. He has switched his approach to match the team.

My biggest complaint is that he hasn’t recruited a complete team. This years or last years  team are probably the closest to complete teams. This year is balanced but not yet elite and last years struggled with chemistry at the end.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2019, 09:29:58 PM »
Just going to put out there that a lot of people seem to want Wojo to hire a Rob Judson type. Rob Judson has been on staff for a little over 2 years now.

Not sure why you say that. The only comments I can see on that specific issue are Tower's and mine.

Tower said: Should have brought in an experienced bench coach earlier.

I said: His first hire should have been an experienced head coach with a knack for in-game adjustments.

So we both knew, but were critiquing Wojo for not doing it sooner.

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2019, 09:52:17 PM »
I think I can categorize the Nojos in two camps.
1.  He went to Duke
2.  He isn’t just a little bit off. Al was a little crazy. Buzz was a little crazy. Wojo is not.

Nope

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2019, 09:56:27 PM »
+1
I already didn’t like the weave the last few years that our offense was good, and I certainly don’t like it any more this year

Do u guys even know why they run the weave?  If u did u prolly wouldnt dislike it so much
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2019, 09:58:36 PM »
Just going to put out there that a lot of people seem to want Wojo to hire a Rob Judson type. Rob Judson has been on staff for a little over 2 years now.
Haha exactly was gonna type the same
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2019, 09:59:22 PM »
1. Early on, no clue how to control pace, leading to lots of blowouts at home.
2. Not splitting Howard and Rowsey minutes more when the numbers showed how much better they were with one on the bench.
3. Inability to dig out of early holes (might be getting better?)
4. Lack of motion on offense. Ran those Horns sets so much at the end of the season and allowed JH of all people to facilitate the offense. Haven’t seen it this year. Wish he would have spent the off-season watching Purdue sets.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 10:58:02 PM »
Doesn't practice inbounding the ball

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2019, 11:07:31 PM »
Doesn't practice inbounding the ball

yes!  gotta have a plan "B', plan "C"...same for a game plan. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 12:29:16 AM »
Teams tend to start out games slow and uninspired.
Has recruited 2 siblings too many.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2019, 01:11:07 AM »
I would like him to punch more whiteboards

I would like to see him go Bobby Cox on the refs of they're bringing bullish!t calls on Theo

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2019, 06:13:57 AM »
Not enough development of bigs, for my liking. In terms of one being able to hit the pick and pop,

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2019, 07:22:42 AM »
His first hire should have been an experienced head coach with a knack for in-game adjustments. He is slowly getting better.

He had Mark Phelps on his staff. Made no difference.

He’s a good recruiter. Mediocre bench coach. Fantastic representative of the university.

If he could get better at the actual coaching I would be satisfied. But I’m not really satisfied at this point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback