[Today at 10:43:30 AM]

NCSTATE is evil by tower912
[Today at 10:37:58 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Did you guys ever think?  (Read 40821 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Did you guys ever think?
« on: December 02, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
You'd see an AP poll this decade where DePaul was receiving votes and MU had zero? Read it and weep: https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Did you guys ever think?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »
And ABD ranked.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:07:57 PM »
Kudos to them for taking care of business at Minnesota.  If they can beat Texas Tech on Wednesday, they’ll have a real shot at the Top 25.  Also, Butler with a strong showing in the early season.  Butler and Xavier don’t seem to have missed a beat despite their coaches leaving.  Maybe rebuilds don’t need to last five years and counting, hey?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
Kudos to them for taking care of business at Minnesota.  If they can beat Texas Tech on Wednesday, they’ll have a real shot at the Top 25.  Also, Butler with a strong showing in the early season.  Butler and Xavier don’t seem to have missed a beat despite their coaches leaving.  Maybe rebuilds don’t need to last five years and counting, hey?

We were a 5 seed last year...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »

Generally how it goes when you hire former assistants.  If Stan were to be the new HC tomorrow, I think he'd have a good chance of keeping the entire incoming class.  Rebuilds are too broad of a spectrum to say that they should all happen fast.  Each one is unique and should be treated as such.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »
Maybe we should wait until there are college games played after 12/1 to decide we’re worse than Butler and Xavier.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
Maybe we should wait until there are college games played after 12/1 to decide we’re worse than Butler and Xavier.

Nope. This is set in stone.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 01:19:15 PM »
Butler and Xavier don’t seem to have missed a beat despite their coaches leaving.  Maybe rebuilds don’t need to last five years and counting, hey?

Depends on the talent left on the team too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 01:20:57 PM »
Probably could have stopped at the title.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »

?

What rebuilds? Jordan took over a team coming off a 4 seed. Steele took over a team coming off a 1 seed.

Also, you may want to wait until they play some real competition before crowning them. Maybe OT victories over Missouri and Connecticut and wins against Minnesota and Stanford do it for you but I need some more convincing. I think we finish ahead of both when all is said and done though I think Xavier will be right there with us.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »
?

What rebuilds? Jordan took over a team coming off a 4 seed. Steele took over a team coming off a 1 seed.

Also, you may want to wait until they play some real competition before crowning them. Maybe OT victories over Missouri and Connecticut and wins against Minnesota and Stanford do it for you but I need some more convincing. I think we finish ahead of both when all is said and done though I think Xavier will be right there with us.

Once Depaul starts playing Big east games against teams that have seen them, and know them, they will come back down to earth. This is a mirage...nothing more. For DePaul fans(both of them), it's like winning the national title, I get that. Texas Tech will take care of them and everyone will stop talking about them.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 02:47:41 PM »
Once Depaul starts playing Big east games against teams that have seen them, and know them, they will come back down to earth. This is a mirage...nothing more. For DePaul fans(both of them), it's like winning the national title, I get that. Texas Tech will take care of them and everyone will stop talking about them.

Not so sure on that... TTech lost to Iowa (who DePaul beat) and lost to a Creighton team playing around DePaul's level (or maybe a bit worse honestly) this year. Add the fact that it's at DePaul's gym and it will likely have the most juice to a home game in a decade, I could easily see DePaul pull off the upset.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »
You'd see an AP poll this decade where DePaul was receiving votes and MU had zero? Read it and weep: https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll
DePaul cant wait to lunch on Wojo!!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »
DePaul won seven Big East games last year and I suspect they will win more than seven this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »
DePaul cant wait to lunch on Wojo!!!!

Very cool.

Go Marquette and go Mazos Burgers.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 07:36:12 PM »

Same system, hired existing coach.  Huge difference from going outside.  What did he inherit vs Wojo?  Etc etc
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 11:43:27 AM »

Nothing wrong in living in the present its part of our lives.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 11:53:56 AM »
If we win out non-conference (which I think we will), are there really going to be people upset with that? I’ll take that all day...Loss to a top 5 team and a loss on the road with wins vs. Purdue, Davidson (N), USC (N) and Kansas State (A). Pretty good non conference resume...

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 12:03:31 PM »
We were a 5 seed last year...
And were the consensus most over-seeded team in the tournament and blew the conference and got destroyed by a mid-major Murray State.

It would be disingenuous not to include all the facts.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »
It's all going according to plan, since we have exactly as many votes as SLU

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 12:05:28 PM »
And were the consensus most over-seeded team in the tournament and blew the conference and got destroyed by a mid-major Murray State.

Sucks the Hausers quit after the Nova game.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

And how!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »

The facts are that even with the collapse, team falling apart, etc. that we were a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament last year.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »
The facts are that even with the collapse, team falling apart, etc. that we were a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament last year.
Alright..... hang the banner?  I really couldn't care less given the taste left in my mouth thinking about last season.

feedback