Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Did you guys ever think?  (Read 40748 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Did you guys ever think?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 03:22:11 PM »
Let's have a little context and honesty around this statement:

Steele took over a team that lost JP Macura, Traveon Blueitt, Kaiser Gates, Sean O'Mara, Kareem Kanter.  He inherited less than Wojo did.

It is what it is - Steele and Jordan have done a better job than Wojo.  No need to lie about it, distort realities, and make excuses. 

We are Top 30 right now, and this is acceptable for MU given the reality that Wojo is a mediocre bench coach.  Hopefully we can maintain this 30ish ranking for the year and get a 5/6 seed in tournament.  I'd be happy with that.  Getting an NCAA win would be icing on the cake.
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
Have you ever thought about paying more than $5 for a pitcher? Might leave a better taste in your mouth.
Sobelman's and Miss Katie's would go out of business.  My name honors them.  Wojo is a disgrace to Sobelman's and Miss Katie's (no troll).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »

Tip of the cap to you on this one Wades - from the thread titled "How many times"  If only our head coach could have seen the potential problems this foreshadowed.  Even you saw it.  But nope, he instead encouraged more shooting by Markus via "the ultimate green light." 

End of the day Wojo's most die hard supporters were sure Year 5 would be the year patience would be rewarded and all would be revealed - what it revealed was an epic failure of leadership.

Aka “I got dunked on worse than I dunk on others at the Rec Center so I need to totally redirect the discussion to get the attention back on me.”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »
Oh look, the board is ruined again.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
Aka “I got dunked on worse than I dunk on others at the Rec Center so I need to totally redirect the discussion to get the attention back on me.”

Okay, let me spell it out for you:  You and Wojo's other slurpers are drooling over next year's recruiting class.  Why?  Because according to you and the other slurpers, Top 100 recruits don't matter.  As for landing Dawson?  So what?  Wojo landed Henry, a player ranked higher than Dawson, and we missed the NIT and finished 97th.

Don't let this fact get in the way of your John Dodds caliber excuse making:
No Marquette coach has inherited more Top 100 players than Wojo:  He inherited 7, 5 of which were underclassmen. 

Sadly he totally mismanaged what he inherited, just as he mismanaged Markus/Hausers - that's on him - and the "results" speak for themselves.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »

This.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2019, 03:59:38 PM »
Okay, let me spell it out for you:  You and Wojo's other slurpers are drooling over next year's recruiting class.  Why?  Because according to you and the other slurpers, Top 100 recruits don't matter.  As for landing Dawson?  So what?  Wojo landed Henry, a player ranked higher than Dawson, and we missed the NIT and finished 97th.

Don't let this fact get in the way of your John Dodds caliber excuse making:
No Marquette coach has inherited more Top 100 players than Wojo:  He inherited 7, 5 of which were underclassmen. 

Sadly he totally mismanaged what he inherited, just as he mismanaged Markus/Hausers - that's on him - and the "results" speak for themselves.

Yet the incredible coach we had in place before him couldn't figure out how to win with all those top 100 guys either.  Sad.

And, of those 7 top 100 guys he inherited, how many finished here?  And how many of those seven top 100 recruits he inherited had the career you'd expect from a top 100 recruit?

How many of Wojo's high level high school recruits panned out?  Not many.

But hey, let's forget what the players actually produced.  What does that matter?

Just like we can cancel the season, KenPom says Xavier and Butler are better than Marquette.  Forget the last 30 games of the season.  We know what happens.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »

This.

Translation:  Someone shares a different opinion than me.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »
Yet the incredible coach we had in place before him couldn't figure out how to win with all those top 100 guys either.  Sad.
Come on now, Buzz quit in the last year because he was fed up with Marquette (not condoning this). 

However, that incredible coach actually DID win with us - big time.  We were a lot more relevant then than we are now - especially on the NCAA stage which is objectively the most important part of any college basketball season.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
What kind of life does someone have to live to get banned from multiple boards multiple times yet still keep coming back?  I mean seriously, who looks in the mirror after being banned...3? 4? 5? times and say, "You know what, I think I'm going to try to get around my MUScoop ban today!"  I mean, isn't being banned once enough to tell you, "Hey, maybe it's time to reevaluate how I'm handling myself?"  Then to come back and do it over...and over...and over...and over...

Whatever, if MUScoop makes your life complete (and it must) I guess that's cool and I hope you're able to enjoy this happiness that it brings you.  But sheesh do the people who have about 5 different usernames because they can't keep from getting themselves banned make it hard to come back and read.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »

No. Not it at all. You're trying to relitigate discussions that ended years ago. Next up, Dawson and Derrick.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
Kudos to them for taking care of business at Minnesota.  If they can beat Texas Tech on Wednesday, they’ll have a real shot at the Top 25.  Also, Butler with a strong showing in the early season.  Butler and Xavier don’t seem to have missed a beat despite their coaches leaving.  Maybe rebuilds don’t need to last five years and counting, hey?
How dare you blaspheme our outstanding coach. Just because others in the conference are doing better is no reason to doubt the sage of Dukedom.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2019, 04:19:06 PM »
Come on now, Buzz quit in the last year because he was fed up with Marquette (not condoning this). 

However, that incredible coach actually DID win with us - big time.  We were a lot more relevant then than we are now - especially on the NCAA stage which is objectively the most important part of any college basketball season.

Ah.  Okay, got it.  So all those incredible weapons that the guy who quit on his team and intentionally threw a season left Wojo must've transferred up and really done amazing things when they left the program, right?

Wait, nope.  One transferred to a high major (Burton) and had a nice 5th year senior season (when he would've already graduated Marquette), one transferred to a high major and was just a guy (Wilson), and 3 transferred down to mid/low majors (Taylor, Cohen, Dawson).

Juan had 2 years prior to Buzz quitting in which he did nothing.  Toddler decided he didn't want to show up to workouts with the team.

AKA Wojo inherited one nice piece, and that piece happened to be an in city kid whose mom passed away during that period.  Wow.  What a full cupboard.  I take it all back, any competent coach would've steamrolled through the Big East with what he was left with.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »
Very cool.

Go Marquette and go Mazos Burgers.
DePaul cant wait to toast Wojos ass, which is something the admin will never do.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »

Not at all. I disagree with a lot of posters both here and in the Superbar. I still find the board readable because they discuss relevant topics in a mostly objective manner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
Actually the committee said we were the top 5 seed.

Getting destroyed by mid-major Murray State is a fact. "Consensus most over-seeded team in the tournament" is an opinion.
It is a damn good opinion.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2019, 04:24:25 PM »

I dunked at the Rec Center (the Old Gm in my day) once.  Really hurt my hand, though.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2019, 04:24:45 PM »
It is a damn good opinion.

You need to get laid
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
You need to get laid

willie's willie aint up to it anymore.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »
Oh good, were having this discussion again.  We going with what would have happened if Chones didn't leave, or what would have happened if Dom didn't get hurt tomorrow, since apparently some think that it will go differently the 87th time we have the same debate.  Spoiler alert: ners is going to dig in, never admit he wrong, and end up banned.  Herman will talk about how Wojo screwed over Deonte, and then everyone will give all the articles where he expressly says the opposite.  Can we lock this now?

That's the definition of crazy, keep repeating the same thing hoping for a different outcome.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »
The guy needs a burger from Mazos.  Bad.

Could really treat himself and hit Leon's for a butter pecan cone after if he really wants to get wild with it.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
You need to get laid

I got laid at the Rec Center (the Old Gym in my day) once.  Hurt my hand doing that, too.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »
The guy needs a burger from Mazos.  Bad.

Could really treat himself and hit Leon's for a butter pecan cone after if he really wants to get wild with it.

Mazos isn’t a bad burger but I can’t go there anymore.  Too much negativity and anger
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »
I got laid at the Rec Center (the Old Gym in my day) once.  Hurt my hand doing that, too.

Rec Centers are truly incredible places
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:31:45 PM by Uncle Rico »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
Ah.  Okay, got it.  So all those incredible weapons that the guy who quit on his team and intentionally threw a season left Wojo must've transferred up and really done amazing things when they left the program, right?

Wait, nope.  One transferred to a high major (Burton) and had a nice 5th year senior season (when he would've already graduated Marquette), one transferred to a high major and was just a guy (Wilson), and 3 transferred down to mid/low majors (Taylor, Cohen, Dawson).

Juan had 2 years prior to Buzz quitting in which he did nothing.  Toddler decided he didn't want to show up to workouts with the team.

AKA Wojo inherited one nice piece, and that piece happened to be an in city kid whose mom passed away during that period.  Wow.  What a full cupboard.  I take it all back, any competent coach would've steamrolled through the Big East with what he was left with.
Bare, not bare.  What's the relevance of this argument anymore anyway for Wojo supporters?  (Please don't take that as a concession to your counterargument - because I know we'd go back and forth until we are out of breath). 

Next year will be year 7.  We are approaching 2 full recruiting cycles.  We are approaching a decade.  The man has to win, and win in the tournament as well, regardless of circumstances at this point.  Any excuse, anomaly, circumstance that can be made today came about (directly or indirectly) from Wojo himself.  The proverbial "he's made his bed now he has to sleep in it".  And he ain't doing a good job of sleeping.