collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Investing Thread  (Read 298567 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Investing Thread
« Reply #3150 on: December 15, 2023, 07:14:24 PM »
  where did i say "don't count"??

also, please take into account food and energy prices in inflation if ya'll want to be open and honest

I would also suggest adding housing cost, healthcare and education

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3151 on: December 15, 2023, 09:07:10 PM »
   easy on the sauce smith, most of the jobs were RECOVERED not created.  inflation is still hurting those however that do not have the extra cash to get in to the market.  some probably have this stuff in retirement funds, but let's be honest, they do not have the resources to enjoy the ride many others can

but yes, i do like the direction of the market, gas prices have fallen in this area to mid to high $2.  there have been many stocks that had been designated as hold, until they were off to the races.    got in to AI market with chips-intc, amd, nvda along with appl, msft, meta,ibm, 3m  uranium is killing it, CRM-YES!  and there are others

yes, and there are the "experts" out there...nuff said

please re read my post-there's really not that much here to get so lit up about.  go joe go!! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #3152 on: December 17, 2023, 10:41:30 PM »
Things look good in pre-market trading:

Dow Futures
+ 78.00

S&P 500 Futures
+ 12.25

NASDAQ Futures
+ 27.75

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3153 on: December 20, 2023, 07:51:19 AM »
Inflation/CPI seems to be dropping globally. Off to the races

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3154 on: December 21, 2023, 06:09:21 AM »
Inflation/CPI seems to be dropping globally. Off to the races
I don't know. I was exposed to Fox Business News this morning and apparently the U.S. economy is on the brink of collapse and everything is Joe Biden's fault, except for jobs gains because those are just jobs that Trump created starting to come back despite Bidenomics.

My head hurts.

There really is something poisoning the blood of the country--it's Rupert Murdoch.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3155 on: December 21, 2023, 07:34:18 AM »
I don't know. I was exposed to Fox Business News this morning and apparently the U.S. economy is on the brink of collapse and everything is Joe Biden's fault, except for jobs gains because those are just jobs that Trump created starting to come back despite Bidenomics.

My head hurts.

There really is something poisoning the blood of the country--it's Rupert Murdoch.

“Exposed” - LOL. Who tied you up, turned up the volume and forced you to watch?  When you start off with a blatant lie how do you expect anyone to believe your biased synopsis of what you claimed you heard?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3156 on: December 21, 2023, 07:47:38 AM »
“Exposed” - LOL. Who tied you up, turned up the volume and forced you to watch?  When you start off with a blatant lie how do you expect anyone to believe your biased synopsis of what you claimed you heard?

big mad

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3157 on: December 21, 2023, 08:31:58 AM »

You know how family gatherings work, right? This is the time of year that many of us are exposed the crap that our family/inlaws watch on TV, and finally understand why their understanding of the economy/politics/global issues are divorced from reality and why they're angry all the time.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:53:48 AM by Skatastrophy »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3158 on: December 21, 2023, 09:22:34 AM »
In-laws. At volume 40. I imagine you can find a replay of Maria Bartiromo's screechfest if you try.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:35:36 AM by TSmith34, Inc. »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3159 on: December 21, 2023, 09:42:57 AM »

Fox News is always on one of the TVs at my gym. The oldies on the recumbent bikes insist upon it.
But yeah, no one is forced to watch. But sometimes it's hard to turn away from a train wreck.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3160 on: December 21, 2023, 10:30:32 AM »
In-laws. At volume 40. I imagine you can find a replay of Maria Bartiromo's screechfest if you try.

Thanks, but not interested. Do your in laws know that you can’t stand them and think that they’re awful, stupid people ? Or do you keep that to yourself?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3161 on: December 21, 2023, 10:32:56 AM »
Thanks, but not interested. Do your in laws know that you can’t stand them and think that they’re awful, stupid people ? Or do you keep that to yourself?
Oh, Lenny. How far you've fallen. Quite sad.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #3162 on: December 21, 2023, 12:29:01 PM »
You know how family gatherings work, right? This is the time of year that many of us are exposed the crap that our family/inlaws watch on TV, and finally understand why their understanding of the economy/politics/global issues are divorced from reality and why they're angry all the time.

Sometimes people just gotta figure it out for themselves.  Once they understand that their political "leaders" are giving them bad investment advice, bad healthcare advice, and bad employment advice then maybe they will have time to course correct.  Or, maybe not. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3163 on: December 21, 2023, 02:50:25 PM »
Sometimes people just gotta figure it out for themselves.  Once they understand that their political "leaders" are giving them bad investment advice, bad healthcare advice, and bad employment advice then maybe they will have time to course correct.  Or, maybe not.
My context for the original post in relation to the economy and investing was the "or maybe not part". They are being fed a dystopian alternate reality which makes it near impossible to notice the bad advice. Everything is horrible and it's the Others' fault.

If you listen to that show, you'd have your money buried in jars in the backyard to hide it from the immigrants about to rape you. And you'd have missed the 25% run up in the market this year, which is also the Others' fault.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3164 on: December 21, 2023, 06:08:25 PM »

My head hurts.

and you're worried about "how far lenny has fallen"???  check the mirror dude

i watch fox new business on occasion and if that's what you got out of it, either you are lying or your comprehesion is failing...probably both...nothing was as bad as your hero paul krugman's forecast back in 2016.  and he's an "award winning journalist"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3165 on: December 21, 2023, 07:50:59 PM »
  and you're worried about "how far lenny has fallen"???  check the mirror dude

i watch fox new business on occasion and if that's what you got out of it, either you are lying or your comprehesion is failing...probably both...nothing was as bad as your hero paul krugman's forecast back in 2016.  and he's an "award winning journalist"
It's where you picked up and subsequently faithfully regurgitated the "jobs are just being replaced" propaganda.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3166 on: December 21, 2023, 08:26:14 PM »
It's where you picked up and subsequently faithfully regurgitated the "jobs are just being replaced" propaganda.

the jobs aren't being replaced, they are jobs that were there before pres dipstick took office, laid off due to covid, then brought back once the recovery began.  so yes, nothing was created  weekend at bernies isn't creating anything.  they haven't spent even a fraction of his "infrastructure" build back better bs (remember that one?)except for a heated sidewalk in new hampshire or some where

your claim of watching fox business and what you got out of it is horse hockey.  even i get an occasional nugget out of cramer...like when he says sell, i'm buying

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3167 on: December 21, 2023, 08:36:37 PM »

the jobs aren't being replaced, they are jobs that were there before pres dipstick took office, laid off due to covid, then brought back once the recovery began.

When do you think COVID happened?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3168 on: December 21, 2023, 08:46:31 PM »

the jobs aren't being replaced, they are jobs that were there before pres dipstick took office, laid off due to covid, then brought back once the recovery began.  so yes, nothing was created  weekend at bernies isn't creating anything.  they haven't spent even a fraction of his "infrastructure" build back better bs (remember that one?)except for a heated sidewalk in new hampshire or some where

your claim of watching fox business and what you got out of it is horse hockey.  even i get an occasional nugget out of cramer...like when he says sell, i'm buying

This is just wrong. There are more people employed now than ever.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3169 on: December 21, 2023, 08:47:44 PM »
My context for the original post in relation to the economy and investing was the "or maybe not part". They are being fed a dystopian alternate reality which makes it near impossible to notice the bad advice. Everything is horrible and it's the Others' fault.

If you listen to that show, you'd have your money buried in jars in the backyard to hide it from the immigrants about to rape you. And you'd have missed the 25% run up in the market this year, which is also the Others' fault.

“They are being fed a dystopian alternate reality”? LOL. Not even close to the dystopian alternate reality fed to the Democrat faithful by their favorite economists after Trump was elected. Your most famous and decorated said the US ecomony would collapse and usher in a world wide recession with no end in sight. Instead the US enjoyed the best year of market returns in 72 years! I’m sure you were outraged by his and other like minded idiots ridiculous predictions. I’m sure you called out all of the left wing sheeples who buried their money in the back yard based on the dire predictions they heard on MSNBC or even CNBC (which I admit I watch). I’m sure but I can’t find any evidence of your outrage back then. How come?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3170 on: December 21, 2023, 09:06:41 PM »
“They are being fed a dystopian alternate reality”? LOL. Not even close to the dystopian alternate reality fed to the Democrat faithful by their favorite economists after Trump was elected. Your most famous and decorated said the US ecomony would collapse and usher in a world wide recession with no end in sight. Instead the US enjoyed the best year of market returns in 72 years! I’m sure you were outraged by his and other like minded idiots ridiculous predictions. I’m sure you called out all of the left wing sheeples who buried their money in the back yard based on the dire predictions they heard on MSNBC or even CNBC (which I admit I watch). I’m sure but I can’t find any evidence of your outrage back then. How come?

You’re making stuff up again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3171 on: December 21, 2023, 09:17:21 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3172 on: December 21, 2023, 09:21:17 PM »

Why do you think that is?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3173 on: December 21, 2023, 09:21:49 PM »
There are more jobs than pre-Covid. And they're better paying, too.

But this is the Investing Thread.

The market is doing well.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3174 on: December 22, 2023, 06:44:12 AM »

the jobs aren't being replaced, they are jobs that were there before pres dipstick took office, laid off due to covid, then brought back once the recovery began.  so yes, nothing was created  weekend at bernies isn't creating anything. they haven't spent even a fraction of his "infrastructure" build back better bs (remember that one?)except for a heated sidewalk in new hampshire or some where

Ahhhhh, now the crime is that the government...(checks notes)...isn't spending money fast enough? Ok then.

feedback