[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 134238 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #825 on: March 18, 2022, 01:54:04 PM »
Five paragraphs on the mediocre SLU women's coach in the MU Women's basketball topic.  ::)

I also post about other Women’s basketball programs and topics in this thread, WNBA, you name it in addition to a lot of MUWBB.

Feel free to ignore a post or topic.

We’ve had past discussions here about Lisa Stone, as well as Wisconsin Women’s basketball. Maybe try to keep up a bit.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 01:58:47 PM by shoothoops »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #826 on: March 18, 2022, 02:06:09 PM »
I also post about other Women’s basketball programs and topics in this thread, WNBA, you name it in addition to a lot of MUWBB.

Feel free to ignore a post or topic.

We’ve had past discussions here about Lisa Stone, as well as Wisconsin Women’s basketball. Maybe try to keep up a bit.

You have been the only person to bring up Lisa Stone in any topic since 2010.  She has been mentioned in two topics - this and your thesis advocating SLU's inclusion in the BE. Those aren't discussions.  They are off-topic posts for the sake of making them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #827 on: March 18, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »

You have been the only person to bring up Lisa Stone in any topic since 2010.  She has been mentioned in two topics - this and your thesis advocating SLU's inclusion in the BE. Those aren't discussions.  They are off-topic posts for the sake of making them.

Nope. The search button is your friend.

Marquette Fan (who posts more than anyone else in this thread) has made many posts here about Lisa Stone as recently as March of 2021. He’s also posted about many other local players, coaches and teams. Others jumped in as well.

Again, you don’t post in this thread, I do. Clearly you also don’t read this thread regularly either.

• All American
« Reply #828 on: March 18, 2022, 02:43:10 PM »
Nope. The search button is your friend.

Marquette Fan (who posts more than anyone else in this thread) has made many posts here about Lisa Stone as recently as March of 2021. He’s also posted about many other local players, coaches and teams. Others jumped in as well.

Again, you don’t post in this thread, I do. Clearly you also don’t read this thread regularly either.

Lisa Stone was brought up because of a UW transfer.  You then brought her up multiple times in response. 

And I have posted multiple times in this thread and read it regularly.  You make off topic posts regularly.  Long ones that no one but you cares about. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #829 on: March 18, 2022, 02:51:36 PM »

Lisa Stone was brought up because of a UW transfer.  You then brought her up multiple times in response. 

And I have posted multiple times in this thread and read it regularly.  You make off topic posts regularly.  Long ones that no one but you cares about.

If you have anything to add about Women’s basketball feel free to add. You never post about Women’s basketball here. You are trolling to troll.

Maybe let the Women’s basketball people have the Women’s basketball thread. Find your next thread to troll.

We’ll be discussing MUWBB and other Women’s BBall here long after you are gone.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #830 on: March 18, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
You both made your points. Time to move on.

Hoping against hope that Monday's game is somehow televised. It'd be good to get a Big Ten scalp.

• All American
« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »
If you have anything to add about Women’s basketball feel free to add. You never post about Women’s basketball here. You are trolling to troll.

You are wrong.  "The search button is your friend."  I have posted in this thread.

And as I said, I continue to read it regardless.  You went off ridiculously off topic and got called on it.  Now you are lying to pretend that happens all the time. 

We’ll be discussing MUWBB and other Women’s BBall here long after you are gone.

Others will talk about MUWBB.  You'll be posting multiple paragraphs about SLU...or WashU...or Fontbonne... that no one else cares about.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:59:50 PM by Clarissa »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2022, 03:10:53 PM »
You both made your points. Time to move on.

Hoping against hope that Monday's game is somehow televised. It'd be good to get a Big Ten scalp.

Hopefully. It’s one of the negatives of the Big East and its FloSports deal.

ESPN+ will have some of the SEC, ACC, games, but it will also have non Power 6 league games as well. (N. Iowa v Drake Mon.) etc…

Big 10 Network Plus may have it. It’s a poor quality, expensive, streaming service. However, they will sometimes show free games. Example: When Rutgers Women’s Soccer made its NCAA Final Four run this season, their games were shown for free. They do that for NCAA games in Olympic Sports sometimes.

We’ll see.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #833 on: March 18, 2022, 05:35:26 PM »
On another coaching note - I'm pretty upset that Butler hasn't fired their coach after a one win season and zero wins in conference play.  The bottom of the BE is pretty bad and needs an upgrade badly.

Has it been mentioned here that Tina Thompson was fired at Virginia?  Not sure if that's been posted or not yet.  I bring that up because two players transferred from Marquette to Virginia last year and Virginia was awful this season.

Creighton had a nice showing today beating Colorado - nice to see the do well.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #834 on: March 19, 2022, 02:09:12 PM »
And UCONN and Villanova pick up wins today - go Big East!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #835 on: March 19, 2022, 02:17:31 PM »
Yep. 25 and 7 for Siegrest in the 11/6 Villanova upset over BYU, 61-57. Just one three.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #836 on: March 19, 2022, 07:27:27 PM »

Former 11 year DePaul assistant Bart Brooks, is in his 4th season at Belmont, and, he has it going.

2nd straight year with the 12/5 upset win in NCAA Tourney. Last Year defeated Gonzaga, this year just beat Oregon.

3 of 3 conference tourney titles.
2 of 3 regular season league titles.

• All American
« Reply #837 on: March 19, 2022, 07:40:35 PM »

Former 11 year DePaul assistant Bart Brooks, is in his 4th season at Belmont, and, he has it going.

2nd straight year with the 12/5 upset win in NCAA Tourney. Last Year defeated Gonzaga, this year just beat Oregon.

Off topic.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #838 on: March 19, 2022, 07:43:13 PM »

Actually I shortchanged him one year. 5th season.

4 of 4 conference tourney titles
3 of 4 regular season titles.

Has a good class next year too.

• All American
« Reply #839 on: March 19, 2022, 07:53:43 PM »
Actually I shortchanged him one year. 5th season.

4 of 4 conference tourney titles
3 of 4 regular season titles.

Has a good class next year too.

Still off topic

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #840 on: March 20, 2022, 02:05:10 PM »
First ever Sweet 16 for Creighton. Wins over Colorado and Iowa. Game winner from an Iowa transfer. 64-62.

I believe it is the 9th higher seeded win so far.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:09:52 PM by shoothoops »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #841 on: March 20, 2022, 03:29:02 PM »
Caught the last quarter. Fun game to watch. I didn't see this Creighton team coming on this year. Now to see if the coach gets hired away.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #842 on: March 20, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »
Caught the last quarter. Fun game to watch. I didn't see this Creighton team coming on this year. Now to see if the coach gets hired away.

Flanery has been coaching at Creighton since 2002 and also played at Creighton in college.  While this is their first Sweet 16, I still wouldn’t expect him to leave at this point.

I was happy to see Creighton pull off this upset - nice showing for the Big East.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #843 on: March 20, 2022, 07:17:48 PM »
Watched the latter part of the Baylor loss in the concourse at the Fiserv.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #844 on: March 20, 2022, 08:05:33 PM »
Watched the latter part of the Baylor loss in the concourse at the Fiserv.

I watched a lot of that game - was a good one.  I like seeing the upsets also.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #845 on: March 21, 2022, 09:29:23 AM »
Anyone going to Marquette vs Purdue, at 7pmToday @ the AL, For the 2nd round of the WNIT???  WE will be there.. Great price for admission Only $10 for RESERVED Seats and $5 Gen Admission ! ! ! Come cheer on our Lady Warriors ! ! !  8-)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #846 on: March 21, 2022, 11:26:19 AM »
Flanery has been coaching at Creighton since 2002 and also played at Creighton in college.  While this is their first Sweet 16, I still wouldn’t expect him to leave at this point.

I was happy to see Creighton pull off this upset - nice showing for the Big East.

I didn't see the game but I did see the pretty extensive clip package on ESPN. Creighton absolutely mauled Caitlin Clark. I couldn't believe some of the fouls that weren't called. It was like watching the Pistons defend Michael during the "Jordan Rules" days.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #847 on: March 21, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »
On another coaching note - I'm pretty upset that Butler hasn't fired their coach after a one win season and zero wins in conference play.  The bottom of the BE is pretty bad and needs an upgrade badly.

Has it been mentioned here that Tina Thompson was fired at Virginia?  Not sure if that's been posted or not yet.  I bring that up because two players transferred from Marquette to Virginia last year and Virginia was awful this season.

Creighton had a nice showing today beating Colorado - nice to see the do well.

Virginia hired Amaka Agugua Hamilton from Missouri State. She’s good, and, she’s originally from Virginia.

Illinois hired Shauna Green from Dayton. Offer will be interesting to see as she was making just under $500k at Dayton.

Lots of movement going on with openings and hires.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #848 on: March 21, 2022, 09:24:03 PM »
Marquette 77 Purdue 62

Von Kleunen 27, 11, 6

King 17 and 9

McLaughin 16

Walker 10.

6/13 from 3.

20 assists on 28 made buckets.
Turnovers limited to 10.

Host Toledo Thursday 7pm.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #849 on: March 22, 2022, 06:39:02 AM »
Marquette 77 Purdue 62

Von Kleunen 27, 11, 6

King 17 and 9

McLaughin 16

Walker 10.

6/13 from 3.

20 assists on 28 made buckets.
Turnovers limited to 10.

Host Toledo Thursday 7pm.

That was a career high for LVK and the most points scored by an MU player this season in a game.

I was surprised to read that was the first time MU and Purdue have ever played each other.