[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness  (Read 14469 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2019, 03:14:34 PM »
i wouldn't want my kid anywhere near snoop dog nor beeself

Why?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »
Kansas has apologized to the pearl clutchers.

https://deadspin.com/kansas-ad-apologizes-for-acrobatic-dancers-unclean-l-1838807384

I don't consider myself a "pearl clutcher," but I do think this was a pretty bad look for any university's official function.

Snoop and "strippers" makin' it rain? Some Scoopers really think that would be a good thing to do at our Madness?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »
I don't consider myself a "pearl clutcher," but I do think this was a pretty bad look for any university's official function.

Snoop and "strippers" makin' it rain? Some Scoopers really think that would be a good thing to do at our Madness?

No. It was dumb and tacky.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
Context is everything here.  Snoop with money cannons and pole dancers is generally awesome and worth it even though you know you'll have to issue a half-hearted the apology the next day.  But its the kind of thing you can't do if you are a Catholic school reliant on pretty conservative folks for donations. If you're a UK or a Florida or a USC, though - have the press release of the apology on delayed send when you walk out of the office on Friday at 5 and go for it. Risk is worth the reward.

BUT its the kind of thing you really can't do if you are KU and Bill Self right now. Holy hell what are they thinking? They should just put the picture of him with the adidas t-shirt and the money chain on a projector during the hearings. Honestly, is he in deeper than we think with unsavory elements and trying to prove he's not a cop? Is this the worst (best?) witness protection strategy ever? My lord, this makes me worried for Bill Self's safety.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2019, 04:36:40 PM »
Context is everything here.  Snoop with money cannons and pole dancers is generally awesome and worth it even though you know you'll have to issue a half-hearted the apology the next day.  But its the kind of thing you can't do if you are a Catholic school reliant on pretty conservative folks for donations. If you're a UK or a Florida or a USC, though - have the press release of the apology on delayed send when you walk out of the office on Friday at 5 and go for it. Risk is worth the reward.

What's the reward?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »
BUT its the kind of thing you really can't do if you are KU and Bill Self right now. Holy hell what are they thinking? They should just put the picture of him with the adidas t-shirt and the money chain on a projector during the hearings. Honestly, is he in deeper than we think with unsavory elements and trying to prove he's not a cop? Is this the worst (best?) witness protection strategy ever? My lord, this makes me worried for Bill Self's safety.

Bill Self to crowd right before Snoop:

I heard a long time ago that actually bad publicity is better than no publicity,” Self said to laughter from the stands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235787637.html

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2019, 05:28:39 PM »
It’s “Gin and Juice”. A 25 year old song from an iconic hip hop album.

oh!  my bad ::)  another 10 years sooner and i could have had another choice for my wedding march.  hard to decide-on the way in/out of the church

why wouldn't i want my kids near snoop or self?  probably somewhere between there are many more better choices out there for role models and their latest shows are a window into the soul.  secondly, he's(snoopy) a drug addict and misogynist who continues to advocate for drug abuse.  one who needs sunglasses 99% of the time is hiding something.  self is a not on a good roll, doubling down on "catch me if you can"

the article, i believe stated guns, but still not a fan

bill self-gee willikers, they said it was going to be a clean show...let the investigation begin

you've gotta be trolling me sully

don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »
  oh!  my bad ::)  another 10 years sooner and i could have had another choice for my wedding march.  hard to decide-on the way in/out of the church

why wouldn't i want my kids near snoop or self?  probably somewhere between there are many more better choices out there for role models and their latest shows are a window into the soul.  secondly, he's(snoopy) a drug addict and misogynist who continues to advocate for drug abuse.  one who needs sunglasses 99% of the time is hiding something.  self is a not on a good roll, doubling down on "catch me if you can"

the article, i believe stated guns, but still not a fan

bill self-gee willikers, they said it was going to be a clean show...let the investigation begin

you've gotta be trolling me sully

What kind of music do you listen to?  Because many artists have crappy pasts and music other have never heard of.

I wonder what’s different about Snoop?  Hmmmm.  It’s a mystery.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »
  "Because many artists have crappy pasts and music other have never heard of."

oh, one of those, "they all do it" responses.  ok, i'll play along-gee sully, that may very well be, BUT most people don't revel off of their character flaws as the same people who would admonish(used very lightly) their enemies for say, degrading(ahem, most hypocrites in the #metoo thingy) women and being able to roll the best joint.  but thank you as i am starting an intensive review of my music playlist as we speak

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
Why? Both schools are members of the NCAA...both should be held to the same standard, don’t you think?  I mean Adidas was in bed with KU when you were there too.  If you read the message boards, many of their fans see this as a big eff you to the NCAA.  You can’t argue amateurism on one hand, and not be outraged at this, especially in light of all these violations.

If you are looking at crapshoots, start right here.  What’s your message board handle over there so we can track your outrage? Absolutely indicative of the disdain many feel, including the legislatures. Long and Self should have been fired months ago.

I don’t disagree at all that they should have been fired months ago, so should Miller at UA.  But it isn’t quite that simple...but I think they will get theirs.  You don’t think I am not outraged by it....LOL....of course I am.  Why do you think I also have a bug up my arse for one of our former coaches, too? 

I don’t message over there or IU...I don’t spend my time or emotions of fandom toward them, but that doesn’t mean I approve of it.  I also hold MU to a much higher ethical standard.  Fair? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2019, 06:11:21 PM »

It was really dumb, and optics look horrible.  Burn it to the ground.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2019, 06:20:16 PM »

That's fine, and I don't think any here is advocating for this at Marquette madness.
But the reaction from some quarters has been a little over the top. Fluffy nailed it ... "dumb and tacky." But that's all it was.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2019, 06:20:41 PM »
  "Because many artists have crappy pasts and music other have never heard of."

oh, one of those, "they all do it" responses.  ok, i'll play along-gee sully, that may very well be, BUT most people don't revel off of their character flaws as the same people who would admonish(used very lightly) their enemies for say, degrading(ahem, most hypocrites in the #metoo thingy) women and being able to roll the best joint.  but thank you as i am starting an intensive review of my music playlist as we speak

I have no idea what you are even saying here.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »
That's fine, and I don't think any here is advocating for this at Marquette madness.
But the reaction from some quarters has been a little over the top. Fluffy nailed it ... "dumb and tacky." But that's all it was.

In today’s cancel culture, hyper sensitivity about just about everything, I am surprised women’s groups, professors, etc, haven’t already registered their ire.  I agree, dumb, tacky, bad optics, etc....but today you get sent to the slaughter for this kind of stuff.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2019, 07:14:00 PM »
I don’t message over there or IU...I don’t spend my time or emotions of fandom toward them, but that doesn’t mean I approve of it.  I also hold MU to a much higher ethical standard.  Fair?

It seems like we are not that off on the endgame.  However, you are/were on first name basis with Fred Glass and the KU ticket office. You were at IUAD when Bobby Knight was verbally and physically abusing people. Maybe you should share your outrage beyond Buzz Williams? The world would be a better place. Even out your outrage to all your roots.

KU is scum. It was scum when you were there. It was scum before you were there. The NCAA always had a blind eye. Now, they are what they earned--morally bankrupt.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
Rocket calling anyone else a misogynist is like the pot calling the kettle black eh?

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2019, 07:16:03 PM »
Rocket calling anyone else a misogynist is like the pot calling the kettle black eh?

So to speak.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2019, 07:51:40 PM »

of course you know i'm a lesbian, right? 

i don't know wtf you are alluding to here btw...might as well throw in racist too,  oh, what the hell, i hate everything, but you know, all of "my kind" do.  as a matter of fact, i'm wearing my confederate flag duluth trading buck naked undies as we speak and they don't stink ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
I saw 2 live crew perform live last nght in a strip club. No lie.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2019, 09:11:00 PM »
In today’s cancel culture, hyper sensitivity about just about everything, I am surprised women’s groups, professors, etc, haven’t already registered their ire.  I agree, dumb, tacky, bad optics, etc....but today you get sent to the slaughter for this kind of stuff.

Nobody gets sent to the slaughter.  To the contrary, there's a lucrative cottage industry for guys who whine about how they're oppressed by cancel culture (see: Adam Carolla, Bill Burr). So oppressed they get Netflix specials.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »
all these snowflakes out there with their pc sjw bs. i miss the days when people could just be happy with success on the playing field and not worry about what was going on behind the scenes at schools. the days when joe pa could win national titles and larry nassar could send girls to the olympics and everyone could be happy with that. men could be men and do as they needed without hundreds of snowflakes coming out and complaining about what it took to keep them happy in their positions. millennials ruin everything.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »
To bring this full circle. What if Snoop wanted to pay a Marquette student athlete 20K to appear at his concerts and or videos. Would those who want these SA's to profit off their NIL have a problem with it?

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2019, 09:57:27 PM »
To bring this full circle. What if Snoop wanted to pay a Marquette student athlete 20K to appear at his concerts and or videos. Would those who want these SA's to profit off their NIL have a problem with it?

Nope

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2019, 10:00:56 PM »

Very black.