[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness  (Read 14446 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »
Nobody gets sent to the slaughter.  To the contrary, there's a lucrative cottage industry for guys who whine about how they're oppressed by cancel culture (see: Adam Carolla, Bill Burr). So oppressed they get Netflix specials.

If one is long established, and can survive the nonsense...potentially.  Good luck to anyone else willing to say or try something that might upset people’s feelings.

Cancel culture exists for a reason, because it has happened.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2019, 06:14:36 AM »
If one is long established, and can survive the nonsense...potentially.  Good luck to anyone else willing to say or try something that might upset people’s feelings.

Cancel culture is simply another term that people use to victimize themselves.  You know...from the group that used to think victimization was a bad thing.  Now they've made a cottage industry of it.

But it's painfully obvious this group also doesn't have any sort of morals or values they apply consistently, so I shouldn't be surprised. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2019, 10:33:29 AM »
It seems like we are not that off on the endgame.  However, you are/were on first name basis with Fred Glass and the KU ticket office. You were at IUAD when Bobby Knight was verbally and physically abusing people. Maybe you should share your outrage beyond Buzz Williams? The world would be a better place. Even out your outrage to all your roots.

KU is scum. It was scum when you were there. It was scum before you were there. The NCAA always had a blind eye. Now, they are what they earned--morally bankrupt.

Good Lord.  The ncaa has not always had a blind eye. Always is always.  Never is never.  KU, Kentucky, etc, have all been put on ncaa probation.  Yes, some programs cheat, some cheat really well. And you are right, as an intern almost 30 years ago at KU I am sure it was going on just as some stuff was going on at MU.

Even out my outrage...this is a MU board, not a KU or IU board.  I could say the same thing to you and others about the blind eye turned against a certain coach here all in the name of just win baby.  I have stated my contempt for certain behaviors of Mr. Knight on a number of occasions, not sure why you are ignoring those. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »

Cancel culture is simply another term that people use to victimize themselves.  You know...from the group that used to think victimization was a bad thing.  Now they've made a cottage industry of it.

But it's painfully obvious this group also doesn't have any sort of morals or values they apply consistently, so I shouldn't be surprised.

LOL.  The irony of deliciousness.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »

Can you name five people who have been “cancelled”?

I’m genuinely interested.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2019, 01:25:29 PM »

And please define "cancelled" while you're at it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »

Define cancelled, because to me having your life severely f’d is essentially the same thing.  I’d be happy to, but I also know the SJW’s will say how justified it was, proof and evidence be damned....allegation and innuendo is enough.

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
Define cancelled, because to me having your life severely f’d is essentially the same thing.  I’d be happy to, but I also know the SJW’s will say how justified it was, proof and evidence be damned....allegation and innuendo is enough.

Lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

Aka “I have no idea what ‘cancelled culture’ is but I hear people using the term so...”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2019, 03:20:16 PM »
Aka “I have no idea what ‘cancelled culture’ is but I hear people using the term so...”

Just as weak as the MU Sports Law reports in the NBA salary cap that he said he would provide.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »

You are so much smarter than this.  We agree on a lot, disagree on a lot, but I asked a question in truly a non trolling fashion. The past 8 weeks or so you have been mentioned this type of culture, I’m just genuinely interested who you think has been “cancelled”.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »

The cowardice burns strong in this one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
You are so much smarter than this.  We agree on a lot, disagree on a lot, but I asked a question in truly a non trolling fashion. The past 8 weeks or so you have been mentioned this type of culture, I’m just genuinely interested who you think has been “cancelled”.

Is he though?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »

I don’t have the inside scoop on KU like I have had with MU....but yes I find KU squirmy as hell.  I also hold MU to a higher ethical standard.

Your "inside scoop" re MU was that other major shoes were going to drop regarding the Buzz years. Turned out to be an empty promise. a cheap shot you never backed up.

Quoting stuff already in the public domain is not inside information.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2019, 07:07:48 PM »
Bill Self to crowd right before Snoop:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235787637.html

“We cheated, we got caught and we’re going to flaunt it.”

Hope they go winless. Dollar Bill is scum and has finally been exposed.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2019, 07:20:09 PM »

Even out my outrage...this is a MU board, not a KU or IU board.  I could say the same thing to you and others about the blind eye turned against a certain coach here all in the name of just win baby. 

Sorry, this dog won't hunt. You've very publicly rooted for Self/Kansas here, bragged about being an alum, etc.. You very publicly rooted for TC at both MU and IU in spite of all his "squirmy". But when MU fans celebrate the mostly great BW era, "Never Buzzer" Chico goes high and mighty and lectures the "great unwashed". Spare us. The smell of "phony" is overwhelming.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:30:12 PM by Lennys Tap »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2019, 07:53:22 PM »

OK, here would be my examples.

Sarah Silverman...literally cancelled her movie appearance the night before she was set to be make it because she did blackface in the past in a skit promoting racial hypocrisy (apparently only leaders in Canada, Virginia, etc are allowed to do blackface, not comedians)

The young man who raised over $1M a few weeks ago at ESPN Game Day asking for Venmo money for beer....money went to Iowa children's hospital, but oh noes...media member found a tweet by this guy when he was age 16...repeat...age 16 when he repeated lyrics from a rap song and commented on it, so companies cancelled participating with him as he was now radioactive. 

Kathy Griffin...poor taste with beheaded head of a person...but comedy....literally cancelled her shows

Kevin Hart....to host the Oscars...but oh noes...as a comedian he had a tweet that was offensive...no more hosting the Oscars

Shane Gillis, SNL comedian cancelled (fired) for doing what comedians and SNL have done on that show for decades.  But because he wasn't established yet, he got the heave ho

Etc, etc, etc.  I'm glad Seinfeld is calling it out, and Bill Barr, Chappelle, and others.  Lenny Bruce is rolling in his grave, as is George Carlin. 

Now I have no doubt someone will say....Kevin Hart is still a star, blah blah blah.  Yup, but he also took a hit for being a comedian and doing what comedians do....if he wasn't as powerful as he is, his career would have been hurt much worse.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »
Sorry, this dog won't hunt. You've very publicly rooted for Self/Kansas here, bragged about being an alum, etc.. You very publicly rooted for TC at both MU and IU in spite of all his "squirmy". But when MU fans celebrate the mostly great BW era, "Never Buzzer" Chico goes high and mighty and lectures the "great unwashed". Spare us. The smell of "phony" is overwhelming.

Cherry picking again, nothing new there. I also blasted IU for cheating under Sampson and for the issues they had under Crean with alcohol, etc.  Also on a number of occasions spoke about what went on under Knight and he and his guys would call Bloomington P.D. to get his boys out from in trouble.  But of course you mention none of these when I stated them....the smell of your bias in not mentioning that is OVERWHELMING.  Would you like those examples, of course you don't and if I bothered to take the time to present them, you would BS your way through them anyway.  Same old same old.

KU, I have smacked them here as well.  But as I stated, I do hold MU to a higher standard.  Sorry you don't like that...too bad. 

But yes, I am a proud alum of both of those schools, good academic programs and proud to have gone through two AAU schools and achieve quality acadmic results.

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »
OK, here would be my examples.

Sarah Silverman...literally cancelled her movie appearance the night before she was set to be make it because she did blackface in the past in a skit promoting racial hypocrisy (apparently only leaders in Canada, Virginia, etc are allowed to do blackface, not comedians)

The young man who raised over $1M a few weeks ago at ESPN Game Day asking for Venmo money for beer....money went to Iowa children's hospital, but oh noes...media member found a tweet by this guy when he was age 16...repeat...age 16 when he repeated lyrics from a rap song and commented on it, so companies cancelled participating with him as he was now radioactive. 

Kathy Griffin...poor taste with beheaded head of a person...but comedy....literally cancelled her shows

Kevin Hart....to host the Oscars...but oh noes...as a comedian he had a tweet that was offensive...no more hosting the Oscars

Shane Gillis, SNL comedian cancelled (fired) for doing what comedians and SNL have done on that show for decades.  But because he wasn't established yet, he got the heave ho

Etc, etc, etc.  I'm glad Seinfeld is calling it out, and Bill Barr, Chappelle, and others.  Lenny Bruce is rolling in his grave, as is George Carlin. 

Now I have no doubt someone will say....Kevin Hart is still a star, blah blah blah.  Yup, but he also took a hit for being a comedian and doing what comedians do....if he wasn't as powerful as he is, his career would have been hurt much worse.

I agree that some of these are clearly absurd.  Like the dude raising money for the hospital AND the reporter who reported on it.

But some of these things aren't exactly new.  Comedians who push the envelop have regularly had to face repercussions for their act. When you push the envelope, that's what happens.  And when you have the internet preserving things and making everything instant, it amplifies everything.

I'm not sure this is a "culture" issue anymore than just a boycott amplified.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »
Just as weak as the MU Sports Law reports in the NBA salary cap that he said he would provide.

First  https://musportslawsociety.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/making-sense-of-stupid-money-how-the-differences-between-the-nfl-and-nba-affect-players-contract-negotiations/

An older take, prior to the 2011 CBA which began the reforms needed to save the league and then done again in 2016.  https://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/facpub/249/

And another https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/olr/vol67/iss1/1/

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:20:31 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »

I agree that some of these are clearly absurd.  Like the dude raising money for the hospital AND the reporter who reported on it.

But some of these things aren't exactly new.  Comedians who push the envelop have regularly had to face repercussions for their act. When you push the envelope, that's what happens.  And when you have the internet preserving things and making everything instant, it amplifies everything.

I'm not sure this is a "culture" issue anymore than just a boycott amplified.

I gave some off the top of my head, I'm sure I could go much deeper if I wished.  The fact we have Seinfeld and others calling it out, shows me it is an issue.  And it isn't just celebs, we have people trying to destroy kids lives.  Kids trying to go to college, or what have you.  The Covington BS is another example of massive over reaction and trying to take people down for simply having a POV.  It is disgraceful.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
First  https://musportslawsociety.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/making-sense-of-stupid-money-how-the-differences-between-the-nfl-and-nba-affect-players-contract-negotiations/

An older take, prior to the 2011 CBA which began the reforms needed to save the league and then done again in 2016.  https://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/facpub/249/

Well the last two don't refer to the "latest CBA," which is the one signed in 2016.  And none of them that I could tell assert that the 2011 saved the league, but I get your point.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2019, 09:16:03 PM »
Good Lord.  The ncaa has not always had a blind eye. Always is always.  Never is never.  KU, Kentucky, etc, have all been put on ncaa probation.  Yes, some programs cheat, some cheat really well. And you are right, as an intern almost 30 years ago at KU I am sure it was going on just as some stuff was going on at MU.

Even out my outrage...this is a MU board, not a KU or IU board.  I could say the same thing to you and others about the blind eye turned against a certain coach here all in the name of just win baby.  I have stated my contempt for certain behaviors of Mr. Knight on a number of occasions, not sure why you are ignoring those.

You worked at IU and KU under those scummy admins. You weren't a just fan or a just a student. Those are two of the highest profile universities in college basketball.  Both cheated including under your buddies Crean and Fred Glass. KU ticket scandal?  Squirmy.

Why wouldn't you be on their Scoops proclaiming your moral stance?  The NCAA is dead. Long live the Cartel!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2019, 09:16:46 PM »
“We cheated, we got caught and we’re going to flaunt it.”

Hope they go winless. Dollar Bill is scum and has finally been exposed.

+1 million. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2019, 09:22:22 PM »
Cherry picking again, nothing new there. I also blasted IU for cheating under Sampson and for the issues they had under Crean with alcohol, etc.  Also on a number of occasions spoke about what went on under Knight and he and his guys would call Bloomington P.D. to get his boys out from in trouble.  But of course you mention none of these when I stated them....the smell of your bias in not mentioning that is OVERWHELMING.  Would you like those examples, of course you don't and if I bothered to take the time to present them, you would BS your way through them anyway.  Same old same old.

KU, I have smacked them here as well.  But as I stated, I do hold MU to a higher standard.  Sorry you don't like that...too bad. 

But yes, I am a proud alum of both of those schools, good academic programs and proud to have gone through two AAU schools and achieve quality acadmic results.

Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death (hypocrisy) surrounds you

feedback