[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Oh, how the worm can turn.  (Read 47847 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Oh, how the worm can turn.
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2019, 03:57:46 PM »
And so starts the excuse for last year's implosion.

"What did you expect Wojo to do the last half of the year?!? Creighton and DePaul were ON FIGH-YERR!!"

I'm already adding it below 'empty cupboard'

The second time we played DePaul we beat them by 19 and our "cancer" dropped 36 in only 21 shots, good try though.  As for CU Wojo should be sharing the blame with everyone that contributed to our 22 TOs, including something like 6 straight during a stretch in the second half.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
The second time we played DePaul we beat them by 19 and our "cancer" dropped 36 in only 21 shots, good try though.  As for CU Wojo should be sharing the blame with everyone that contributed to our 22 TOs, including something like 6 straight during a stretch in the second half.

Joey apparently had a bet on Creighton in that one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
Joey apparently had a bet on Creighton in that one.
Yea, one player having 6 TOs in a game is forgivable when he scores 33.  When our writing campaign combines to have 7 TOs and 9 points, that might have been the biggest factor contributing to the L.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »
Yea, one player having 6 TOs in a game is forgivable when he scores 33.  When our writing campaign combines to have 7 TOs and 9 points, that might have been the biggest factor contributing to the L.

I just remember two critical possessions in a row where Joey handed the ball to Creighton players for layups. It was as if he was a QB and the Creighton player was the RB.

I wonder how much $$$ he won.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2019, 05:08:16 PM »
We could call it Hauser cancer.

So when do MSU and UVA start their chemo treatments? Their coaches must be insane - thank God MU never had to be led by the likes of Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett. #Hiroshima

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2019, 05:30:04 PM »
How would Bennet and Izzo have handled a letter, mutiny, ultimatum?   Everybody talks about the collapse but some refuse to draw a line from two featured disgruntled soon to be transfers and the poor performance.    Choosing instead to blame the BEPOY and coach who both stayed.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »
How would Bennet and Izzo have handled a letter, mutiny, ultimatum?   Everybody talks about the collapse but some refuse to draw a line from two featured disgruntled soon to be transfers and the poor performance.    Choosing instead to blame the BEPOY and coach who both stayed.
The line of thinking is coaches like Izzo and Bennet would never let it get to that point. I'm not aware of them having to deal two featured players going AWOL, so the logic may not be flawed.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
So when do MSU and UVA start their chemo treatments? Their coaches must be insane - thank God MU never had to be led by the likes of Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett. #Hiroshima

Often it's a chemistry issue. Individually, Sam and Joey are very good players, and they had good chemistry in HS. And Markus and Sam were fine together at MU for two years too. Somehow, adding Joey to the combo of Markus + Sam just wasn't a good mix.

Does that make Joey a cancer? Not necessarily I guess, but he was clearly the biggest change from '17-'18 to '18-'19. Maybe he was fine being part of the "Sam and Joey show," and thought it would go back to that once he got to MU. But by then, Sam was well integrated with our Markus-led team, so Joey had to work his way into something he wasn't comfortable with.

At the end of the day, their departure (and ultimate separation) might be best for all involved. Markus obviously still has great chemistry with the guys who stayed, and Joey may be better with a clean slate where he has no illusion of it going back to him and Sam being options 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2019, 05:43:37 PM »

Please print this "letter" you know so much about and endlessly refer to IF it exists. We actually know the answer to "How would Izzo and Bennett handle a couple guys Tower considers cancerous mutineers?". They went after them, gave them scholarships and welcomed them with open arms. Maybe they (Izzo and Bennett) actually watched some tape and talked to Joey and Sam instead of reading/swallowing your insights on the matter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »
The Hausers are good basketball players.  It is why they were the second and third options on a ranked team.  They were disgruntled and left.   Transfers happen all the time.   Koby.  Jayce.  Jamil.  Jeronne. Odartey.  Carlino.  STjr.   They always find a home.  Izzo and Bennett clearly think that the plusses outweigh the minuses.   I am sure that if Wojo had an opportunity to have a player of the caliber of the Hausers transfer in, he would take them without hesitation, assuming that whatever caused them to leave their former situation would not be repeated under Wojo.  And he would probably be right.   I fully expect Sam and Joey to be just fine

But they were disgruntled as the season cratered.    You choose to not see a connection.   You are entitled to that opinion.   I see a connection.   You are going to have to convince me otherwise.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »

But they were disgruntled as the season cratered.    You choose to not see a connection.   You are entitled to that opinion.   I see a connection.   You are going to have to convince me otherwise.

They were disgruntled long before the season cratered (Buffalo or before). They preferred a system where the ball was shared. So the season didn't crater because they were unhappy, it cratered because the guy who dominated the ball went into a major slump. Joey was bad down the stretch, too, but when a guy with a 40%+ usage hits the wall it's curtains.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
They were disgruntled long before the season cratered (Buffalo or before). They preferred a system where the ball was shared. So the season didn't crater because they were unhappy, it cratered because the guy who dominated the ball went into a major slump. Joey was bad down the stretch, too, but when a guy with a 40%+ usage hits the wall it's curtains.

Source?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2019, 06:33:43 PM »
Please print this "letter" you know so much about and endlessly refer to IF it exists. We actually know the answer to "How would Izzo and Bennett handle a couple guys Tower considers cancerous mutineers?". They went after them, gave them scholarships and welcomed them with open arms. Maybe they (Izzo and Bennett) actually watched some tape and talked to Joey and Sam instead of reading/swallowing your insights on the matter.

I agree with you totally on this, Lenny. Methinks some Scoopers are having some "fun" calling the Hausers "cancers" because Markus was called (multiple times) by one guy.

I'll ask you this, though: Had Markus decided to transfer rather than go pro, how many coaches do you think would have been interested in him?

My answer would be: all of them ... even though he was a, you know.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2019, 06:38:27 PM »

Does it factor into the discussion that every other player also stayed?

cheebs09

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2019, 06:40:40 PM »
I wonder if the boys going to different schools also plays a role in their future coaches feeling good about their temperament/mentality in their new locations

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2019, 06:42:33 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2019, 06:42:56 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
Multiple Scoop posters.

But not Joey or Sam?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »
Does it factor into the discussion that every other player also stayed?

Playing time opened up, but there was a great deal of speculation that the Hauser weren't the only players less than thrilled with hero ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »
I agree with you totally on this, Lenny. Methinks some Scoopers are having some "fun" calling the Hausers "cancers" because Markus was called (multiple times) by one guy.

I'll ask you this, though: Had Markus decided to transfer rather than go pro, how many coaches do you think would have been interested in him?

My answer would be: all of them ... even though he was a, you know.

I agree.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
Playing time opened up, but there was a great deal of speculation that the Hauser weren't the only players less than thrilled with hero ball.

Key word.  It's the internet so anyone can speculate about anything.  The fact is no one else was bothered enough to transfer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »
Multiple Scoop posters.

I hear ya, Lenny, but I wonder if they're the same posters who said first that the Hausers were unhappy but they would be staying, and second that they were going to Wisconsin, and third that as many as four other Warriors were leaving. The Hauser Insiders didn't cover themselves with glory on that 4-1-1.

I actually liked Sam and Joey, and I wish like hell they had stayed. But given that they left, my single favorite sports story of 2019 was that they stiffed F%cky. It's so freakin' hilarious, I chuckle out loud every time I think of it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:58:00 PM by MU82 »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »

Izzo and Bennett have it easier....each would only take one of them and not both at the same time.

;D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire