[Today at 09:08:51 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oh, how the worm can turn.  (Read 48203 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Oh, how the worm can turn.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »
Wojo:  Here, check out this letter

Recruit: Woah, where did the letter writers transfer to?

Wojo: Virginia and Michigan State

Stan: Yeah, let's not talk about the letter anymore, ok?
Wojo: Don't be concerned about where those guys transferred to. Those team were desperate for bench fodder.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 09:36:25 AM »
I don't know about others but for a long time I have felt Wojo has the following:

Great pedigree: Check
Classy person: Check
Runs a clean program: Check
Very good/great recruiter: Check
Results on the court: Incomplete

Com'on Wojo. Put it all together on the court and MU nation will love you and the university will reward you will a serious extension that will make leaving MU very difficult.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 09:45:33 AM »
Wojo: Don't be concerned about where those guys transferred to. Those team were desperate for bench fodder.

This reminds me of Badger fans who said "Hey Tyler, enjoy riding the pine at Kentucky"

Ummm...you expect the recruit you wanted to star for Wisconsin will ride the pine for Kentucky?  What does that say about your level of expectations for your own team?  And why would Bennett waste two years of a scholarship for 1 year of bench fodder.

Maybe let's just not bring up the letter bc it makes all parties look bad.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 10:10:37 AM »
It's great to know the worm has turned.  Awesome.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:02 AM »
Wojo:. Good players.  But there can only be one boss.   I wish them well.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »
I don't know about others but for a long time I have felt Wojo has the following:

Com'on Wojo. Put it all together on the court and MU nation will love you and the university will reward you will a serious extension that will make leaving MU very difficult.

This is where I'm at too.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2019, 12:39:27 PM »

Each year results on the court have gotten better. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 12:42:37 PM »
Most kids who have playing high level basketball for years will look at it, think WTF, and then listen to Wojo.

We don't know that there was a letter. If the likely fictional letter exists we don't know its contents, only that it didn't make Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett run for cover.

But you're correct about one thing - most kids who play high level HS basketball would say WTF if you showed them any letter. They may never have seen one - texts and tweets, yes. Letters, no.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »
We don't know that there was a letter. If the likely fictional letter exists we don't know its contents, only that it didn't make Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett run for cover.

I'm confused, if the letter does not exist, or its contents not known how do know that Izzo and Bennett were not mentioned in any manner.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »
Huh? I don't get the inside jokes on this board.  >:(

That's not a bad thing. You're really not missing out on anything. Only the people who spend way too much time on this site will get all the jokes.

Signed,

Someone Who Spends Too Much (But Not *Way Too Much) Time On This Board
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »

True.

And thankfully, Hausershima didn't make other Marquette players run for cover. Nor did it appear to make recruits run for cover.

The only people who ran were Sam and Joey. Apparently, the others were so disgusted with Markus' selfishness and Wojo's incompetence that they decided to stay.

So everybody should be happy, both those who love Marquette and those who love the Hausers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 01:23:14 PM »
I'm glad we recruited these two, but will they be impact players in 2020. I know we were pretty excited when Symir switched to 2019, but now we are saying don't expect great things this season. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if these guys are competitive with the guys Nova is getting.

2020 was always gonna be somewhat of a rebuild unless we signed burger boys.  We will still be ok with upside and bettering that resting on the newbs.  No one expected much when the 3 amigos were freshman either, we shall see
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »
Losing the Hausers was (and still is) a huge disappointment.  Getting these last 2 recruits with potential for more is very encouraging and shows that the Hauser transfers probably won't impact our ability to recruit.

Not sure which way the worm is facing but the bottom line is these types of things tend to even out in the long run.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

Cannot disagree with this, will argue he was in rebuild until last year and until the last  6-7 everything seemed to be falling in line. Will always be a wtf happened?? Has to be the team chemistry was cracking, will forever nit be fans if tge Hausers for that selfishness.  How to destroy a team 101, cant understand those that wish them well, i wish them crap.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Losing the Hausers was (and still is) a huge disappointment.  Getting these last 2 recruits with potential for more is very encouraging and shows that the Hauser transfers probably won't impact our ability to recruit.

Agree completely. Signing good recruits for 2020-21 and beyond is great. Obviously happy Wojo is able to do it, because I feared he might not. But, it doesn't do a thing for us in 2019-20.

Sam would have helped next season tremendously, and Joey would have been a valuable contributor, too. Here's hoping the defense and athletic ability of those who will get the Hausers'  minutes can come close to making up for the offense lost.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
It's great to know the worm has turned.  Awesome.

Agreed. The worm's previous position always troubled me.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »
True.

And thankfully, Hausershima didn't make other Marquette players run for cover. Nor did it appear to make recruits run for cover.

The only people who ran were Sam and Joey. Apparently, the others were so disgusted with Markus' selfishness and Wojo's incompetence that they decided to stay.

So everybody should be happy, both those who love Marquette and those who love the Hausers!

Amen
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 02:32:58 PM »
Cannot disagree with this, will argue he was in rebuild until last year and until the last  6-7 everything seemed to be falling in line. Will always be a wtf happened?? Has to be the team chemistry was cracking, will forever nit be fans if tge Hausers for that selfishness.  How to destroy a team 101, cant understand those that wish them well, i wish them crap.
What I find interesting is that Villanova was 9-0 when MU was 8-1. They both went 4-5 in the second half of the Big East season. Obviously things went wrong, but most posters are not recognizing that the rest of the Big East was better the second half of the conference season.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
Wojo:. Good players.  But there can only be one boss.   I wish them well.
Hmmm....When did Mrs. Wojo start coaching the team?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 02:42:40 PM »

Amen
Just asking. Are you saying that those 2 are mutually exclusive?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »
Anyone want some tequila?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »
Taught dis wuz gonna bee 'bout Dennis Rodman, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
What I find interesting is that Villanova was 9-0 when MU was 8-1. They both went 4-5 in the second half of the Big East season. Obviously things went wrong, but most posters are not recognizing that the rest of the Big East was better the second half of the conference season.
Nice.   Had not thought of that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
And so starts the excuse for last year's implosion.

"What did you expect Wojo to do the last half of the year?!? Creighton and DePaul were ON FIGH-YERR!!"

I'm already adding it below 'empty cupboard'

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
We could call it Hauser cancer.

feedback