collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buzz  (Read 28061 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Buzz
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2019, 09:50:34 PM »
Buzz was the main recruiter on Taylor. Was it Tyshawn that went up to Buzz in the stands when both played at the same tournament site?

Of course - but Chico has a false narrative he's selling - so any lie that bolsters it is embraced wholeheartedly. It's how the man rolls.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »
This is a lie and you know it's a lie.

First, Taylor never "left". He was never here. He signed a letter of intent with us when his admitted dream school didn't offer (they were out of scholarships). Crean left in the spring and we released Taylor. Kansas (the school he always wanted) now had a scholarship available so he went where he always wanted to go. Had zero, nothing, nada to do with "wanting no part of Buzz". On one hand, you're the biggest moralizer on Scoop. On the other, you constantly tell lies that you know are lies. Cura Personalis, my ass.

He chose not to come to MU and his coach, Hurley, politely said they didn’t know much about Buzz, etc.  He ended up meeting Buzz and still decided to leave.  Sorry, no lie.  He committed to play for MU...you can get cute and say he was never here, but he would have been if Crean didn’t leave.  Thus, TT made a choice not to stay because Buzz was the coach.  I’m going to guess per Mutaman it was because TT was racist or something.

Taylor wants out.  http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/04/tyshawn-taylor-wants-out.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:03:54 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:56 PM »
Buzz was the main recruiter on Taylor. Was it Tyshawn that went up to Buzz in the stands when both played at the same tournament site?

That is true, but Hurley also said TT wanted release in the event they didn’t like the hire.  MU hired Buzz, they met again and TT wanted out.  Many articles to support this with quotes from those involved....Lenny calls these lies.  So cute.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2019, 10:10:30 PM »
This is a lie and you know it's a lie.

First, Taylor never "left". He was never here. He signed a letter of intent with us when his admitted dream school didn't offer (they were out of scholarships). Crean left in the spring and we released Taylor. Kansas (the school he always wanted) now had a scholarship available so he went where he always wanted to go. Had zero, nothing, nada to do with "wanting no part of Buzz". On one hand, you're the biggest moralizer on Scoop. On the other, you constantly tell lies that you know are lies. Cura Personalis, my ass.

Bingo. The big joke re Taylor was that Bobby Hurley was on the phone to marquette demanding that Taylor be released from his scholarship/letter  before the Marquette players even heard the news re Crean's departure. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:18:07 PM by Mutaman »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2019, 10:19:00 PM »
No one knows, and Wes also said plenty of positive things about Crean over the years....the Buzz love birds so over dramatize that.

Really? I've honestly never seen Crean (by name anyway) mentioned by Wesley.

He was crystal clear, however, of what he thought of him as he concluded his MU career.  Senior Day, in front of 18,000+ fans and media, Wesley simultaneously ripped the guy who recruited him and coached him for 3 years and tipped his hat to Buzz, his coach for but one season. When he publicly celebrated Buzz's removal of the chains he'd worn for the three previous years, his opinion of both men was evident. No over dramatization. Just fact.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:49:31 PM by Lennys Tap »

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2019, 10:23:24 PM »
No over dramatization. Just fact.

This is where you made your big mistake. Facts are meaningless in Chicos' world.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
That is true, but Hurley also said TT wanted release in the event they didn’t like the hire.  MU hired Buzz, they met again and TT wanted out.  Many articles to support this with quotes from those involved....Lenny calls these lies.  So cute.

Please tell me you're not this dumb. Taylor couldn't believe his good fortune when Crean left. Kansas had an opening and were calling. Ty and Hurley knew immediately that Ty was going to KU. Any meeting and/or concern about who the coach was was PR to make the decision seem to be one thought about long and hard by player and coach. Smokescreen, everybody with a brain knew it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2019, 10:54:01 PM »
Please tell me you're not this dumb. Taylor couldn't believe his good fortune when Crean left. Kansas had an opening and were calling. Ty and Hurley knew immediately that Ty was going to KU. Any meeting and/or concern about who the coach was was PR to make the decision seem to be one thought about long and hard by player and coach. Smokescreen, everybody with a brain knew it.

So his mom was lying?  Who is the dumb one?

“A lot of people probably didn’t think we would be in this situation,” said Taylor, a 6-foot-3 freshman guard out of Hoboken, N.J.

After leading St. Anthony High through an undefeated state championship season as a senior, Taylor was prepared to attend Marquette. But following a workout on April 1, 2008, a friend told Taylor that coach Tom Crean had left Marquette to take the coaching job at Indiana.

“It was like a disaster,” said Jeanell Taylor, Tyshawn’s mother. “It was just a deep hurting feeling of, ‘OK, now what am I going to do?’”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
Really? I've honestly never seen Crean (by name anyway) mentioned by Wesley.

He was crystal clear, however, of what he thought of him as he concluded his MU career.  Senior Day, in front of 18,000+ fans and media, Wesley simultaneously ripped the guy who recruited him and coached him for 3 years and tipped his hat to Buzz, his coach for but one season. When he publicly celebrated Buzz's removal of the chains he'd worn for the three previous years, his opinion of both men was evident. No over dramatization. Just fact.

You make it sound as if that was the only fact....of course at the 100th season celebration when Buzz didn’t show and Crean and Wes did....

At any rate, so you never heard him mention him by name....have you tried Google....I can show you how to use it and then you can say wow, Wes actually did mention Crean publicly and in a positive manner.  So did Novak, Wade, McNeal, etc.  But it’s ok, I know he’s not your guy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:02:17 PM by Cheeks »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »
Point plankin, y'all.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:11 PM »
You make it sound as if that was the only fact....of course at the 100th season celebration when Buzz didn’t show and Crean and Wes did....

At any rate, so you never heard him mention him by name....have you tried Google....I can show you how to use it and the. You can say wow, Wes actually did mention Crean publicly and in a positive manner.

By all means produce the glowing quotes by Wes. You didn't hesitate to produce a meaningless one from Ty Taylor's Mom. LOL.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »
Methinks some memories from an event more than a decade old are being influenced by present agendas.
Source: Science.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2019, 11:18:23 PM »
By all means produce the glowing quotes by Wes. You didn't hesitate to produce a meaningless one from Ty Taylor's Mom. LOL.

Meaningless?  It completely destroys your fairy tale.  The kid was hurting, he was going to play for MU and felt jilted....but I’m sure the mom was lying.

No, I am not going to find the quotes for you....it is much more fun watching you do it.  But a few bread crumbs will suggest you start in 2017 with a Mavericks article and you can go from there for the other ones.  Nighty night

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2019, 12:23:58 AM »
Methinks some memories from an event more than a decade old are being influenced by present agendas.

It’s written in Mark Strotman’s write up of Senior Day at the time. It’s not all just based on memory. I’ll find a link to it if you really need the proof.

And again, I’m not a Crean hater, nor do I think Wes hates/hated him. But he did feel he was underutilized and Buzz’s change in offense sprung him free. That’s factual. So is him specifically calling that out. And that’s a large part of that season that doesn’t happen if Crean stays in charge

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2019, 07:55:15 AM »

Gee ya think?  Cheeks and Lennys are at it again.  Round 7,839,098. 

They can't see to help it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2019, 08:15:34 AM »
It’s written in Mark Strotman’s write up of Senior Day at the time. It’s not all just based on memory. I’ll find a link to it if you really need the proof

OK.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
I also remember Wes thanking Buzz for “unleashing him”. I don’t remember if it was senior night or the awards banquet but he definitely said that.  He didn’t mention Crean directly but it was pretty clearly directed at him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »
It’s written in Mark Strotman’s write up of Senior Day at the time. It’s not all just based on memory. I’ll find a link to it if you really need the proof.

And again, I’m not a Crean hater, nor do I think Wes hates/hated him. But he did feel he was underutilized and Buzz’s change in offense sprung him free. That’s factual. So is him specifically calling that out. And that’s a large part of that season that doesn’t happen if Crean stays in charge

Thanks Wags. Methinks that some memories are just recalling facts that really happened. Others....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04:06 AM »
Here is the Taylor connection to the Hurleys and Joe Dooley who recruited him at Kansas. Perhaps if TT was so in love with CTC, he could have followed Nick Williams to Bloomington?  If only the Hurleys didn’t get in the way.

https://www.theday.com/article/20181015/SPORT07/181019592

As Jerel said recently, perhaps these players appreciated both coaches? I too was in KC when Taylor embraced Buzz and then TT sat with him all game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:15:51 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
Isn't it possible that both Crean and Buzz were good for Marquette during their times at our beloved alma mater?

As a guy who has been a big Wojo supporter but whose confidence in Wojo was shaken some by Hausershima, I hope to one day be talking about how good Wojo is/was for Marquette, too.

With very few exceptions, coaches move on. I think some forget that even Al tried to leave for the Bucks ... and if the same situation happened in this era, he would have ... and because of that he wouldn't be Saint Al today.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2019, 09:13:48 AM »
The Taylors and Hurley were opportunistic...as soon as they saw an opening they pounced on it.  We could have hired Coach K and they would have pushed to get to Kansas. 

How did Buzz handle losing a major recruit, he went to 5 straight NCAAs.

Meanwhile TC was ducking plants, needlessly throwing kids off his team to buy himself time and sadly losing in the S16 to deprive us of the greatest E8 game of all time.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »
The Taylors and Hurley were opportunistic...as soon as they saw an opening they pounced on it.

This is absolutely correct.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »
Isn't it possible that both Crean and Buzz were good for Marquette...

That's crazy talk.  How and the hell can we wring a six-page argument out of that.  Who am I kidding?  We can find a way.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2019, 09:39:40 AM »
That's crazy talk.  How and the hell can we wring a six-page argument out of that.  Who am I kidding?  We can find a way.

I would argue that Buzz deserves 56.4% of the credit, and Tom Crean only 43.6% of the credit.

Fight me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2019, 10:03:20 AM »
I would argue that Buzz deserves 56.4% of the credit, and Tom Crean only 43.6% of the credit.

Fight me.

You're an idiot.  I've got Buzz at 46.3%, Crean at 42.8% and dumb luck at 10.9%.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.