[Today at 11:19:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 187591 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #1325 on: July 24, 2020, 02:20:05 PM »
My little brother, a lifetime Milwaukeean, visited me in NC a couple years ago. I took him to a great craft-beer bar. They musta had 100 choices, and so many were wonderful. He got a PBR, saying: "I hate all that froo-froo shyte."

Next time he orders a steak at a restaurant, pass him the ketchup.

I was at a similar craft beer and saw a guy actually look at all the choices for 3-4 minutes, and then ordered a Bud Lite.

But he was a FIB, so...

I think people who are new to craft beer are overwhelmed, and need help finding something they won't hate.... so they just decide to get something they know they are familiar with.  I try to help folks like this anytime I'm out... yeah, I'm that guy.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: July 24, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »

I think people who are new to craft beer are overwhelmed, and need help finding something they won't hate.... so they just decide to get something they know they are familiar with.  I try to help folks like this anytime I'm out... yeah, I'm that guy.

Anyone who drinks Bud Lite has no business taking up space in a craft bar.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: July 24, 2020, 03:23:49 PM »

I'm that guy, too. Some people don't listen, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »
I'm that guy, too. Some people don't listen, though!

Offer to buy it for them, and tell them to dump it when you're not looking if they hate it.   ;)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: July 24, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
1.  Bud Lite is not beer.

2.  PBR, on the other hand, is.  Despite the fun of discovering a good brew at a such an establishment that offers many, there are plenty of bad beers in the mix.  It isn't easy creating a consistently quality brew.  That's why the Coors/Miller even Lakefront breweries of the world spend plenty on chemists and water quality control employees.  Your man ordering the PBR might just have been seeking comfort in knowing he'd get a drinkable product. 
Ludum habemus.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1330 on: July 24, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
I still occasionally slip up and say I'm going to Jewel when I mean I'm going to Pick N Save
I had a very confusing conversation with my kids because I kept calling the convenience store near our house (which has been a 7-11 for probably 20 years) a "White Hen."

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1331 on: July 24, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
Anyone who drinks Bud Lite has no business taking up space in a craft bar.

I went to a brewery tap house that 30 tap handle of their beer and on the end, a Coors Light tap handle, My wife asked what that was about and the bartender said "it's not hooked up to anything, it's a test."  And yes, there have been people who failed that test.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: July 24, 2020, 04:15:14 PM »
I went to a brewery tap house that 30 tap handle of their beer and on the end, a Coors Light tap handle, My wife asked what that was about and the bartender said "it's not hooked up to anything, it's a test."  And yes, there have been people who failed that test.

I've seen where water comes out of that handle.  And they use it to rinse your glass before they fill it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1333 on: July 24, 2020, 04:25:30 PM »
I 100% drink and love craft beers so if I'm somewhere with crafts I expect to like I have those.

If I'm going to be drinking in volume (golfing, day at the lake, tailgate, etc) I'm going with PBR, Schlitz, or Coors Light. Beers that aren't expensive, easy drinking, and I know I love.

However if you bring me a Bud product I will slap it out of your hand and never speak to you again.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: July 24, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »

What happens if someone fails?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: July 24, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »

Good for you. I'm all for personal preferences, opinions,...but I definitely don't understand the idea to put others down to lift oneself up, or tribal group think. The parochial, provincial, insular life isn't for me. Enjoy what you enjoy. Let others enjoy what they enjoy, be open to new things, and inclusive of everyone.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:39:30 PM by shoothoops »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: July 24, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
I had a very confusing conversation with my kids because I kept calling the convenience store near our house (which has been a 7-11 for probably 20 years) a "White Hen."

Haha same!

I 100% drink and love craft beers so if I'm somewhere with crafts I expect to like I have those.

If I'm going to be drinking in volume (golfing, day at the lake, tailgate, etc) I'm going with PBR, Schlitz, or Coors Light. Beers that aren't expensive, easy drinking, and I know I love.

However if you bring me a Bud product I will slap it out of your hand and never speak to you again.

This is a good point golfing is a terrible time for craft beer. Day at the lake I disagree.  Tailgating I could see either way
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1337 on: July 24, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
What happens if someone fails?

They laugh announce to the bar area that someone tried to order a Coors Light.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: July 24, 2020, 05:30:56 PM »
They laugh announce to the bar area that someone tried to order a Coors Light.

So they very publicly humiliate the guy. Fun.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: July 24, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »
1.  Bud Lite is not beer.

2.  PBR, on the other hand, is. 

I never liked PBR, even when I was at MU and would drink just about whatever swill was put in front of me -- even Red, White & Blue at the 'Lanche. And I still don't like PBR, not even a swig of it. Good thing they make lots of different kinds of beer ... something for everybody!

Haven't had Schlitz in years and years; it was my favorite of the Milwaukee brews when I was at MU. I'll have to try it again. We mostly drank Miller Lite because that and Old Style were the most commonly served beers near campus.

Nowadays, Coors Light is kind of my cheap, light, golfing beer, though I will drink a Bud Light as long as it's ice cold. I've become a bit of a craft beer snob, but I'll still throw back a light beer in situations like the ones you name. Except PBR. I'd rather drink water.

Good for you. I'm all for personal preferences, opinions,...but I definitely don't understand the idea to put others down to lift oneself up, or tribal group think. The parochial, provincial, insular life isn't for me. Enjoy what you enjoy. Let others enjoy what they enjoy, be open to new things, and inclusive of everyone.

Oh, totally agree ... unless somebody puts effen ketchup on an effen hot dog.

I mean, I'm tolerant ... but my tolerance has limits!

(I was actually tempted to use teal. Which is my way of saying, "Only kidding.")

(But don't put effen ketchup on effen hot dogs.)

(Again, just kidding.)

(Not really. No effen ketchup!)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1340 on: July 24, 2020, 06:22:26 PM »
I never liked PBR, even when I was at MU and would drink just about whatever swill was put in front of me -- even Red, White & Blue at the 'Lanche. And I still don't like PBR, not even a swig of it. Good thing they make lots of different kinds of beer ... something for everybody!

Haven't had Schlitz in years and years; it was my favorite of the Milwaukee brews when I was at MU. I'll have to try it again. We mostly drank Miller Lite because that and Old Style were the most commonly served beers near campus.

Nowadays, Coors Light is kind of my cheap, light, golfing beer, though I will drink a Bud Light as long as it's ice cold. I've become a bit of a craft beer snob, but I'll still throw back a light beer in situations like the ones you name. Except PBR. I'd rather drink water.

(I was actually tempted to use teal. Which is my way of saying, "Only kidding.")

(Again, just kidding.)

People in Michigan regularly put Ketchup on hot dogs. Some of the best hot dogs with ketchup where in the concession stands underneath Spartan Stadium.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: July 24, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »

Ha, I’ll sometimes let a JJ Peppers slip on accident.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: July 24, 2020, 08:59:29 PM »

Moment of silence for White Hen everybody, please.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1343 on: July 24, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

(Again, just kidding.)

Oh boy, not sure how to tell you this, but I had a hot dog with spicy mustard, ketchup, and onions and I have zero regrets.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: July 24, 2020, 09:40:29 PM »
Oh boy, not sure how to tell you this, but I had a hot dog with spicy mustard, ketchup, and onions and I have zero regrets.

So you won't tolerate a Bud Light, but you'll put ketchup on a hot dog. Wow!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1345 on: July 25, 2020, 06:18:59 AM »
So you won't tolerate a Bud Light, but you'll put ketchup on a hot dog. Wow!

Yeah Bud products our demonstrably bad......I have yet to understand why ketchup on a hot dog is bad for anything other than "reasons". I mean if someone doesn't want to put ketchup on a hot dog that's cool with me but I don't get why I'm the devil for liking ketchup on a hot dog.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: July 25, 2020, 06:41:53 AM »
Yeah Bud products our demonstrably bad......I have yet to understand why ketchup on a hot dog is bad for anything other than "reasons". I mean if someone doesn't want to put ketchup on a hot dog that's cool with me but I don't get why I'm the devil for liking ketchup on a hot dog.

Thank you for understanding.

Reasons! That's right, you devil ... reasons!!!!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: July 25, 2020, 07:30:32 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1348 on: July 25, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
Thank you for understanding.

Reasons! That's right, you devil ... reasons!!!!!

Damn those pesky reasons, they get me every time

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: July 25, 2020, 10:36:41 AM »
I don't get why some people care so much about what other people put on their hot dogs.