Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Moving on to the 19-20 Season  (Read 54260 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Moving on to the 19-20 Season
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 01:06:49 PM »
So.... shut the whole thing down, Willie?
Never said that, but you just did.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 01:08:02 PM »
Willie is a back bencher who simply complains. Best to be ignored.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »

I think Tower is onto something.  Shut it down until a Scoop approved coach is hired. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 01:13:48 PM »
09 they played 3 NCAA 1 seeds and a 3 seed who won the BET. Maybe the toughest end of regular season ever.

Often wondered how we would've done in that stretch had james been eligible. I know we were solid but we did have some concerning losses (Dayton, South Florida). We hadn't really hit the hard stretch of the season yet till he went down.
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »

You be you, Willie.     
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:33:36 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »
But wait...what about all the posts here that Wojo has MU trending in an upward trajectory? Something does not seem right with one of those analysis.

You're right, we already know we will be worse than this past season.  Let's not even play the season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »
So.... shut the whole thing down, Willie?

Shutting the whole thing down would be a bit too far. However, we certainly didn't need to extend Wojo's contract.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »
Symbols and timing matter.  It was a vote of confidence from the administration which will help counter negative recruiting about his job status.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »
As tower was hoping for, here is Ed working on his jump shot.

https://twitter.com/marquettembb/status/1134218101812338688?s=21

He will be playing at the same time as Theo and JJ.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2019, 05:10:20 PM »
Shutting the whole thing down would be a bit too far. However, we certainly didn't need to extend Wojo's contract.

A completely symbolic gesture to help with recruiting. No big deal I’d they want him out after next year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »
As tower was hoping for, here is Ed working on his jump shot.

https://twitter.com/marquettembb/status/1134218101812338688?s=21

He will be playing at the same time as Theo and JJ.
Coach Johnson needs to get his hands up to contest. ;D.   Ed is going to play some 4.  The pieces sort themselves.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2019, 05:18:58 PM »
I didn't see Ed attempt a single shot outside of 6 feet during either of the open practices I watched last year. It's good to see him working to expand his game -- even if he's still the 4th or 5th option on offense.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »
If Theo and Ed can both hit the 12-15 ft jumper with any kind of consistency, the overall offense will be just fine.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
Almost all of our wins in the first half of the season were nail biters. The second half did not go so well. Maybe the team just was not that good.  Maybe the team can be better with out the Hausers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
09 they played 3 NCAA 1 seeds and a 3 seed who won the BET. Maybe the toughest end of regular season ever.

Yes, it was a tough stretch....Crean left him a loaded team and if Tyshawn hadn't left, who knows what that team could have done.  Also, a few weeks earlier we also lost to South Florida if I recall.   My point was the mythology that all of Buzz's teams finished the regular season without faltering wasn't always the case.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2019, 06:43:51 PM »
If Theo and Ed can both hit the 12-15 ft jumper with any kind of consistency, the overall offense will be just fine.
What in the world makes you believe that Theo AND Ed can hit 15’ jumpers with consistency? Neither one have ever done it in their careers and I don’t see that changing. But, I would certainly welcome the sharp shooting tandem to take this team to the next level.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2019, 06:56:55 PM »
I'd bet the under on anything in the double digits in field goals made from outside of 10 feet from either Theo or Ed next season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
What in the world makes you believe that Theo AND Ed can hit 15’ jumpers with consistency? Neither one have ever done it in their careers and I don’t see that changing. But, I would certainly welcome the sharp shooting tandem to take this team to the next level.
I don't expect them to suddenly channel Novak or the Hausers.  A little Damon Key would be nice.  And I never discount the possibility of season to season improvement.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
I still don't get how anyone can possibly think MU will be anything special next year. It's still so depressing to me to think about what they WERE going to be next year with Sam and Joey...I'm not saying they will be bad at all, but considering what they were going to be, next year is sure to be a major let down.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »
I still don't get how anyone can possibly think MU will be anything special next year. It's still so depressing to me to think about what they WERE going to be next year with Sam and Joey...I'm not saying they will be bad at all, but considering what they were going to be, next year is sure to be a major let down.

Then it would have been a major let down either way. Wojo failed to keep that team’s chemistry at a high level. It’ll at least be a different team next year. One that will hopefully mesh better than last year’s team.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Then it would have been a major let down either way. Wojo failed to keep that team’s chemistry at a high level. It’ll at least be a different team next year. One that will hopefully mesh better than last year’s team.

Maybe so, but NOT as talented, and that's a problem

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »

Nothing like dwelling on the “what might’ve been”s all through life.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
The team is going to be tremendous this coming season. The guys are going to work so much better together and  the team will be so much more athletic.   The Big East is going to be tougher this year and the line up we have will be able to compete very well. Team Chemistry matters.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »
The team is going to be tremendous this coming season. The guys are going to work so much better together and  the team will be so much more athletic.   The Big East is going to be tougher this year and the line up we have will be able to compete very well. Team Chemistry matters.

Chemistry matters Herman, but you know what else matters immensely?? Talent matters..Yes, the BE is going to be tougher, and that would have been fine if MU still had all their pieces, but they don't, so instead of a possible BE championship, we are probably looking at a 5th place finish at best?? I want to believe Jamal and Brendan improve enough to make a difference(and believe me I hope they do), but there is zero chance they can come close to replacing what Sam and Joey would have brought.

They may be able to compete well...but how many games will they win?? That's what ultimately matters.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2019, 08:08:24 PM »
Chemistry matters Herman, but you know what else matters immensely?? Talent matters..Yes, the BE is going to be tougher, and that would have been fine if MU still had all their pieces, but they don't, so instead of a possible BE championship, we are probably looking at a 5th place finish at best?? I want to believe Jamal and Brendan improve enough to make a difference(and believe me I hope they do), but there is zero chance they can come close to replacing what Sam and Joey would have brought.

They may be able to compete well...but how many games will they win?? That's what ultimately matters.

Eat at Arby’s
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”