[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Moving on to the 19-20 Season  (Read 54735 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Moving on to the 19-20 Season
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
He’s not a big time thinker like you I guess.  Or, he just made a factually correct statement using data on performance...same as I did.  Ahh,  it using data would be wrong. 

Tell me, is a 5 seed better than an 8 seed and a NIT seed?  We could use that instead....yes or no? 

This is great....please prove the data wrong.

Would it kill the AD to spend $12 million on a coach?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2019, 05:53:52 PM »
Would it kill the AD to spend $12 million on a coach?

He is, over a 5 year period.   :D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
The AD is a small time thinker...what else did you expect him to say after he just gave Wojo an extension?? PR 101. There will be a lot wrong with your argument if this season isn't as good...I hope you acknowledge that when the time comes.

Small time. Not giving the extensions handicaps the program's recruiting ability. You would hamper the program because your are angry that the last 5 years haven't gone the way you wanted. Beyond small time.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2019, 06:53:11 PM »
He’s not a big time thinker like you I guess.  Or, he just made a factually correct statement using data on performance...same as I did.  Ahh,  it using data would be wrong. 

Tell me, is a 5 seed better than an 8 seed and a NIT seed?  We could use that instead....yes or no? 

This is great....please prove the data wrong.

The data isn't wrong...the problem is, you use it to boast about how great of a job Wojo is doing. THAT'S the problem. Talk about small time thinking, if the results of the last 5 years are acceptable to anyone. Especially when the two previous Coaches had accomplished more after the same time, and one did it in the toughest conference ever assembled. Trust me, I hope Wojo accomplishes what some here seem to think he's capable of..because that means MU is successful.

Looking so forward to your refrain if this year isn't as good as the previous year. Probably go down as one of the best excuse ridden, spin jobs of all time. So you'll have that going for you anyway.  :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »
Buzz quit a year early and still got paid by MU to roam the sidelines.  Character revealed.

We were picked unanimously to win the Big East, finished 6th.  Scored 35 points against Ohio State in a drubbing to lose our ranking.  Close losses...how about close wins against New Hampshire?  Needing OT to beat DePaul.  A roster management that was a mess and several players that had no business EVER being in a MU uniform.
Do you think a starting back court of Thomas and Derrick Wilson had any chance of winning the Big East?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »
Do you think a starting back court of Thomas and Derrick Wilson had any chance of winning the Big East?

The Big East coaches did as well as the media covering the Big East teams. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »
The data isn't wrong...the problem is, you use it to boast about how great of a job Wojo is doing. THAT'S the problem. Talk about small time thinking, if the results of the last 5 years are acceptable to anyone. Especially when the two previous Coaches had accomplished more after the same time, and one did it in the toughest conference ever assembled. Trust me, I hope Wojo accomplishes what some here seem to think he's capable of..because that means MU is successful.

Looking so forward to your refrain if this year isn't as good as the previous year. Probably go down as one of the best excuse ridden, spin jobs of all time. So you'll have that going for you anyway.  :)

Cool, so you admit the data is right and our trajectory has been going in the right direction for a young, first time head coach.   And you want to fire him coming off his best year....why again?

Do I expect this year to be as good as the last year, with two major departures...I don’t know.  Do I expect it to be a dumpster fire like some said last month? No.  Barring major injuries, I expect to be in the NCAA tournament again.

The two previous coaches did some good things and not so good things....in some cases some really good and really bad.   We will see how this all shakes out.

I expect Wojo’s year six to be better than Buzz’s and Crean’s were in their year 6....since you are the one bringing up the two previous coaches.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »
This is fun

MU82

• All American
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2019, 10:27:02 PM »

Nope. I think it is the worst starting backcourt Marquette has had in the last half-century.

And it's on Buzz that they were the starting backcourt.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback