'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 12:19:59 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 11:55:22 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey made it happen?  (Read 48479 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Joey made it happen?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 08:48:43 AM »
It’s another version of a complicated story. It’s also not at all coincidental that many find this to be the most believable version to date since it’s no doubt the version they prefer to be true

Is it also not at all coincidental that those who are casting doubts on this version of events, labeling it as spin, having an epiphany about ethics, etc., are the same ones who've been spinning a completely different narrative for the past few weeks?
Here's the truth few here want to admit: nobody here knows what really happened ... and that won't stop most of you from being 100 percent sure about who deserves the blame.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 09:02:25 AM »
Just for full credit and citation, this originated over on Dodd's board.

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Reply/hackleft-Reply-131752410/

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
Is it also not at all coincidental that those who are casting doubts on this version of events, labeling it as spin, having an epiphany about ethics, etc., are the same ones who've been spinning a completely different narrative for the past few weeks?
Here's the truth few here want to admit: nobody here knows what really happened ... and that won't stop most of you from being 100 percent sure about who deserves the blame.

Casting doubt? Quoted the wrong post, maybe? Sorry if what I posted struck a nerve
No Finish Line

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »
Ultimately, I blame the Stonecutters
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
Hauser threads. FFS

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Makes me thankful that I don't have to manage teenagers.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »
If this is the true version, Joey's going to have to pick up his game quite a bit to justify his high opinion of himself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »

This, of course.

Several Scoopers have said they know somebody who knows the Hausers (or who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows the Hausers) and they have said the Hausers distrusted Wojo and didn't dislike Markus at all. That's what those Scoopers ran with, putting 100% of the blame on the coach.

But the moment Markus announced his return, suddenly the Hausers were willing to keep playing for the coach they didn't like or trust. The latter part of it never made sense to me, but I still put a good chunk of blame on Wojo because he is the CEO and he let a situation spin out of control.

This new narrative, which seems highly plausible, does indeed support what many of us have believed: that the Hausers -- all 4 of them -- were not "pure" in this whole thing.

So yes, I am guilty of seeing something that seems extremely believable as actually being believable.

But of course I don't know what happened. None of us do. What has cracked me up the most about this entire month-plus of Hausershima has been the certainty of the anti-Wojo crowd that he was 100% at fault and the Golden Children (and Daddy and Mommy H) were the innocent victims.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 10:24:35 AM »
This, of course.

Several Scoopers have said they know somebody who knows the Hausers (or who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows the Hausers) and they have said the Hausers distrusted Wojo and didn't dislike Markus at all. That's what those Scoopers ran with, putting 100% of the blame on the coach.

But the moment Markus announced his return, suddenly the Hausers were willing to keep playing for the coach they didn't like or trust. The latter part of it never made sense to me, but I still put a good chunk of blame on Wojo because he is the CEO and he let a situation spin out of control.

This new narrative, which seems highly plausible, does indeed support what many of us have believed: that the Hausers -- all 4 of them -- were not "pure" in this whole thing.

So yes, I am guilty of seeing something that seems extremely believable as actually being believable.

But of course I don't know what happened. None of us do. What has cracked me up the most about this entire month-plus of Hausershima has been the certainty of the anti-Wojo crowd that he was 100% at fault and the Golden Children (and Daddy and Mommy H) were the innocent victims.

And if they stayed and two or three other guys left...then what?  You cannot control happiness, especially with teenagers.  I hope they go to Madison which is likely.  Joey and Brad can reconnect.  I’ll miss Sam, but no solution would make people happy here and Wojo cannot force happiness on anyone.  When they were 24-5 or whatever the record was before Nova and players upset.....then the unhappy ones need to go.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »

Casting doubt? Quoted the wrong post, maybe? Sorry if what I posted struck a nerve

1. Quoted the right post.
2. If you think you struck a nerve, you're obviously missing the point.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
And if they stayed and two or three other guys left...then what?  You cannot control happiness, especially with teenagers.  I hope they go to Madison which is likely.  Joey and Brad can reconnect.  I’ll miss Sam, but no solution would make people happy here and Wojo cannot force happiness on anyone.  When they were 24-5 or whatever the record was before Nova and players upset.....then the unhappy ones need to go.

Then I wish them the best and go get three better players..I'd have traded the Hausers staying over anyone else leaving(sans Markus).

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
From all the body language and personal interactions that i witnessed in watching every single minute if every single game.... the OP is exactly how i saw it.
A highly touted child comes into a new program as the freshman and encounters advertisy.  For the first time in his basketball career not everything is easy, his unfortunate response is to act like a crybaby and a bitch. It was what it was, unfortunate as heck, but i never saw teammates or coaches be anything but encouraging and maybe a little challenging to Joey.  He chose to sulk, blame, and ultimately run.  Hes a bitch. Anyone that wants to blame anyone but Joey has a screw loose. For thise that want to blame anyone besides Joey just compare the character of a Jamal Cain and his demanor and actions for the entire season to those of Joey.
Its a shame we lost those guys but Joey was not a program guy, he maybe elsewhere under different circumstances but he never was at MU last year.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2019, 11:48:55 AM »
1. Quoted the right post.
2. If you think you struck a nerve, you're obviously missing the point.
You actually skipped 1. Casting doubt. Please point that out
No Finish Line

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »
I don't want to get too deep but I do recall one presser where Wojo in the gentlest way possible talked about trying to get Joey to understand that by working hard every day he would maximize his potential.

And I'll further say that the 'other two transfers' could very well be tied to a notion of 'special treatment' for Joey suggesting in their minds that the entire system was rigged. 

Kudos IF what Wojo really did was say the uniform was more important than any individual player.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2019, 12:10:44 PM »
I think this latest information can easily be 2 sides of the same coin but this time from the non-Hauser point of view.  This was less about the whole team being upset but more the Hausers specifically Joey being upset that Wojo wouldn't force Marcus to share the ball more.  That said even this side of the coin doesn't let Wojo off the hook.  His decision to "let the team handle it" will have ended up costing him 2 of his best 3 players and a 19 - 20 season that would have allowed him to finally make his name as a head coach.  Other coaches have multiple good players that have egos and parents.  This can't always end with key members of team transferring.  So whatever Wojo did (or didn't do) it didn't work and he needs to try something different next time.  If that means having a more open relationship with his players so that people know they are being heard so that things don't reach a boiling point and exercising more control of the way his team runs offense then he needs to make those changes.  The answer isn't just go find new players like Kentucky and Duke do each year because MU will never be able to recruit at that level.  Maybe Wojo will find he needs to spend more time refining the current team and less time flying around looking at prospects.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
A little too pat, way too black and white. Most likely some truth mixed with a large dose of spin. I pray the source isn't really a coach - if it is this is unethical in addition to being self serving spin.

Well said, Leonard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2019, 12:26:12 PM »
There is no kudos to be thrown to Wojo. He fooked up major in mishandling the entire fiasco. What the hell did he learn sitting next to K all those years? He let a campfire escalate to a forest fire.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »
For all the anti Joey boys, I am afraid he is going to come back and haunt us.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »
There is no kudos to be thrown to Wojo. He fooked up major in mishandling the entire fiasco. What the hell did he learn sitting next to K all those years? He let a campfire escalate to a forest fire.

In my experience in the workworld and in athletics, you can't make everyone happy.  Joey was unhappy playing 30 minutes a game as a freshman on a 24 win team. 

Sometimes people will never be happy until they are somewhere else,.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2019, 12:58:55 PM »
The think is, if you ponder it, the two narratives have more in common than in opposition.   Especially if you add in what we witnessed.   Joey was visibly frustrated as far back as November with not getting the ball when/where he wanted it.    He already thinks Markus is a ballhog.    Then Markus has the gall to tell HIM to get tougher.   Which Wojo reinforces publicly.    Joey becomes convinced that Markus is getting preferential treatment, and the feeling grows as Joey goes through the frustrations of freshman year.   If you think back over the games, how often did you see Joey frustrated about not getting the ball?    It grows.    A feeling of being betrayed by the coach.   Markus and hero ball.   Winning at Georgetown without Markus.     A losing streak.    A letter.    An ultimatum.    A return and then two departures.   
    The two narratives intertwine.   A few details diverge, as they always do.    Who signed the letter, was the team more upset with Markus or Joey?     Different perspectives, possibly both with truth.     

In the end, no detente could be reached.   And I do think that Joey will go on to be as good as his brother.    Though I am still skeptical either gets more than a 10-day in the league.    And it is entirely possible he comes back in a couple of years healthy and torches MU on the court.    Or not.    Can't be helped now. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:44:31 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
From all the body language and personal interactions that i witnessed in watching every single minute if every single game.... the OP is exactly how i saw it.
A highly touted child comes into a new program as the freshman and encounters advertisy.  For the first time in his basketball career not everything is easy, his unfortunate response is to act like a crybaby and a bitch. It was what it was, unfortunate as heck, but i never saw teammates or coaches be anything but encouraging and maybe a little challenging to Joey.  He chose to sulk, blame, and ultimately run.  Hes a bitch. Anyone that wants to blame anyone but Joey has a screw loose. For thise that want to blame anyone besides Joey just compare the character of a Jamal Cain and his demanor and actions for the entire season to those of Joey.
Its a shame we lost those guys but Joey was not a program guy, he maybe elsewhere under different circumstances but he never was at MU last year.
Best Post of The Year
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2019, 01:50:17 PM »
I honestly think Joey looked at Henry as a one and done and thought that he's a better player than Henry (better shooter for sure) so he should also be a one and done.  Especially after the half season redshirt. 

Given that the NBA drafts on potential, I could also see this approach.  Whether or not he's better than Henry, he thought he is.

Then, he doesn't get the ball.  He's not the featured player.  He hits the freshman wall - and he's still enough of a baby that in his mind none of this is his fault. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
I honestly think Joey looked at Henry as a one and done and thought that he's a better player than Henry (better shooter for sure) so he should also be a one and done.  Especially after the half season redshirt. 

Given that the NBA drafts on potential, I could also see this approach.  Whether or not he's better than Henry, he thought he is.

Then, he doesn't get the ball.  He's not the featured player.  He hits the freshman wall - and he's still enough of a baby that in his mind none of this is his fault.

Could see that, whether or not it was ever truly discussed openly. Unfortunately Joey had nowhere near the handle of Henry (which to my recollection was not a high bar to set)
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »

He probably also saw what was happening with Herro.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 02:04:38 PM »

Eh.  I agree that he doesn't really earn any kudos, but it seems his level of blame isn't what where it initially should have been.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow