[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey made it happen?  (Read 48640 times)

82fanatic

• Starter
Joey made it happen?
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
This was sent to me from a friend.   Reported source was a “coach” at MU.  I don’t post much, but this is the first “report” that makes sense to me

“The problems first started when Markus challenged Joey to be tougher and said more was needed from him for the team to reach their full potential. This was done as a friend and captain and with Sam's approval. Joey did not take the message well to the point his friendship with Markus was affected. As the year went on the friendship steadily got worse. Sam and Markus remained friends but not as close. The Hauser and Howard families relationship became strained as well. I was told that Joey now absolutely hates Markus and the Hauser family does not like the Howard family. Sam and Markus are still friends but again not as close. A letter was written to Wojo by the Hausers at the prompting of the parents and it was really because Joey was disgruntled. Teammates suggested they not give the letter to Wojo and no teammate signed the letter with the Hausers. Markus became aware of the letter and initially tried backing off his focus on scoring and tried to patch things up with Joey. Unfortunately, the offense became stagnant and the ball ended up in Markus' hands at the end of the shot clock and Markus and Joey's relationship did not improve.
Fast forward to the locker room after the Murray State game and Markus challenged a teammate for how they played in the game. Sam stepped in as a co-captain and Markus and Sam got into an argument. Joey then joined Sam and got into a shoving match with Markus. Wojo walked in at the end of this and did not do anything. Wojo simply let the players handle it. The Hauser family was upset that Wojo did not stick up for Sam and Joey. In addition none of the other players sided with Sam and Joey including the player Markus had confronted. I was told before the team returned to Milwaukee Joey was definitely going to transfer if Markus returned. The belief was that Sam would still return. Eventually Sam went along with the sentiments of the family and agreed to transfer if Markus came back. Once Markus announced he was returning the Hausers announced their decision.
One of the coaches the Hausers contacted asked why they were transferring. When informed of their reason he told them things would have been handled the same with his team. The coached asked them to think about whether they'd really want to join his team if that was the case and they should take a few days to decide. If there was a divisive member on last years team it was Joey because he would sulk which the players not getting as many minutes did not appreciate. Two players most likely would have transferred if Joey returned.”

He also thought Iowa is their destination.   

82fanatic

• Starter
Re: Joey made it happen?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:23:22 PM »
Oops sorry. Saw MU82 posted this in the “outsiders view of hausers transfer”

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58683.250

However same sentiment.  This I believe!

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
I’ve had this same message sent to me today.  Looks like Joey was absolutely butt hurt.

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:35:07 PM »
Makes sense, Joey always seemed very immature. Wasn't he the one that refused to play with Herro when he showed interest in Marquette?

It's too bad Sam got caught up in all of this. He seems like such a great kid and a true team player.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »
Sam had no choice because family is first.  You’re right.  It’s a shame he got caught up in all of this if true.  He was literally in a no win situation. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 09:49:36 PM »
It's certainly the most plausible explanation I've seen so far. If true Wojo still bears some responsibility but it's ridiculous to put it all on him.

If true, Joey's an entitled baby. Screw him.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 10:10:02 PM »
It’s interesting how the story has evolved as the early narrative around here was that Sam was the unhappy one.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »
I think parts of this can be true, but definitely not the "most plausible". Only the best scenario for those hoping our program isn't a dumpster fire. Theres probably some truths here as well as in other areas. The big throwaway here is that the shoving incident happened during the Murray state game. All evidence points to that happening during the Seton Hall Big East game.

Another giveaway of this not being completely true is the complete defense of Markus. Comes out looking like the 2nd coming of Jesus. All I've heard so far is that this isn't true and Markus has a lot of strife with mutliple players on the team.

All in all, there is some truth in most of what we're hearing and a lot of iffy stuff.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
I think parts of this can be true, but definitely not the "most plausible". Only the best scenario for those hoping our program isn't a dumpster fire. Theres probably some truths here as well as in other areas. The big throwaway here is that the shoving incident happened during the Murray state game. All evidence points to that happening during the Seton Hall Big East game.

Another giveaway of this not being completely true is the complete defense of Markus. Comes out looking like the 2nd coming of Jesus. All I've heard so far is that this isn't true and Markus has a lot of strife with mutliple players on the team.

All in all, there is some truth in most of what we're hearing and a lot of iffy stuff.

Agreed.  It’s a little suspect that this version of the story came out a couple days before the Hausers are set to announce their transfer to UW.  Basically turns Joey into the scapegoat and takes all blame away from Markus and Wojo.

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »
The blue highlighted message above has been posted on other message boards.  Those postings cite three different sources.  None of them from the MU coaching staff.  The information may or may not be accurate and reposting it here seems like a needless way to stir up negative feelings.  The Hauser boys are gone.  Taking the high road seems like the most mature course rather than casting aspersions on a 19-year-old.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 10:30:18 PM »
Agreed.  It’s a little suspect that this version of the story came out a couple days before the Hausers are set to announce their transfer to UW.  Basically turns Joey into the scapegoat and takes all blame away from Markus and Wojo.

Which pains you of course
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »
You guys can believe whatever you want...I mean I've seen people blame the Hauser's parents, others blame Sam, now everyone is blaming Joey. Others have blamed Markus, and some Wojo. ONE and only one of those above made the decision to transfer.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »
You guys can believe whatever you want...I mean I've seen people blame the Hauser's parents, others blame Sam, now everyone is blaming Joey. Others have blamed Markus, and some Wojo. ONE and only one of those above made the decision to transfer.

I’m sure plenty of blame to go around, but some of you want to put 99% to 100% on one person you don’t care for.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 10:51:49 PM »

A little too pat, way too black and white. Most likely some truth mixed with a large dose of spin. I pray the source isn't really a coach - if it is this is unethical in addition to being self serving spin.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »
It’s interesting how the story has evolved as the early narrative around here was that Sam was the unhappy one.

I think its interesting that one post from somebody who claims to be 'in the know' seems to seal it for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 12:50:34 AM »
A little too pat, way too black and white. Most likely some truth mixed with a large dose of spin. I pray the source isn't really a coach - if it is this is unethical in addition to being self serving spin.

Attaboy.  Large dose of spin, too black and white.....but hey just in case a coach did it (no mention of spin, or how pat that is)....well it would be unethical.  Thanks.

Doo

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 01:28:44 AM »

Pretty sure two of them are transferring

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 04:47:46 AM »
Pretty sure two of them are transferring

Blocked. How dare you

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 05:31:00 AM »
We had the original narrative, pushed by some, how Wojo had lost the trust of the Hauser's because of his letting Markus play hero ball.  We have a different narrative now, one that fills in some holes and questions unanswered in the first narrative.   In any divorce, there is more than one version and blame to go around.  This is just another divorce.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 07:04:32 AM »
We had the original narrative, pushed by some, how Wojo had lost the trust of the Hauser's because of his letting Markus play hero ball.  We have a different narrative now, one that fills in some holes and questions unanswered in the first narrative.   In any divorce, there is more than one version and blame to go around.  This is just another divorce.

Yes. And the only ones that suffer are us kids. But at least we get two sets of Christmas presents!

That is if the Hausers even believe in Christmas....Heathens! Heretics!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 07:07:26 AM »
The blue highlighted message above has been posted on other message boards.  Those postings cite three different sources.  None of them from the MU coaching staff.  The information may or may not be accurate and reposting it here seems like a needless way to stir up negative feelings.  The Hauser boys are gone.  Taking the high road seems like the most mature course rather than casting aspersions on a 19-year-old.

This is the only post in here that seems to make any sense. How many threads to we need about a changing narrative? It's done.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »
It’s another version of a complicated story. It’s also not at all coincidental that many find this to be the most believable version to date since it’s no doubt the version they prefer to be true
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2019, 08:15:29 AM »
Attaboy.  Large dose of spin, too black and white.....but hey just in case a coach did it (no mention of spin, or how pat that is)....well it would be unethical.  Thanks.

You're welcome.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing this.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
It’s another version of a complicated story. It’s also not at all coincidental that many find this to be the most believable version to date since it’s no doubt the version they prefer to be true

This. This is the one. That said, does match the optics watching Joey over the course of the year.

feedback