[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey made it happen?  (Read 48779 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Joey made it happen?
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2019, 04:32:49 PM »
To the people here who place most or all of the blame on Wojo, I have a question:

Do you think it was Pop’s fault the Kawhi didn’t want to play in San Antonio? Kawhi basically did what Joey did to get out of town.

When Wojo gets Pop’s resume, let me know.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
The TV broadcasts throughout the season often showed the Hauser parents in the stands at home games and even some -- maybe many -- road games. Stevens Point is 155 miles from Milwaukee -- not exactly down the block. I assume the father has a job. How do you find time to do all that traveling? And it isn't cheap. Along with everything the father allegedly did, he (they) seem like stereotypical helicopter parents taken to the extreme.  A redo of Maymon’s father.

If I had kids playing D1 ball and was 155 miles from campus, I would be at pretty much every game possible. Probably using the money that I set aside for their college education.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2019, 04:35:21 PM »
Everything I've heard indicates that the parents would have preferred them to stick it out at MU. This was the kids' decision.

This exactly...the parents were not in favor of them leaving MU, very strongly against it. And yes one Kid made the decision, the other went along with it, and would have gone along with whatever he decided.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »
This reeks of a PR “leak.”
Deserves skepticism at the very least. Instead it’s being gobbled up as the most believable version lol
No Finish Line

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »
Deserves skepticism at the very least. Instead it’s being gobbled up as the most believable version lol

Ironic.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »
No Finish Line

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »
When Wojo gets Pop’s resume, let me know.

That has nothing to do with my question.

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2019, 05:02:17 PM »
That has nothing to do with my question.

Of course it does. When someone has shown to be among the very best at their profession, they get the benefit of the doubt.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2019, 05:04:24 PM »
The fact that Dodds didn’t delete the post is a dead giveaway.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »
Of course it does. When someone has shown to be among the very best at their profession, they get the benefit of the doubt.

so if he did it at pomona pitzer when he was 76-129 you could crucify him for it but because hes proven his convictions work over time you cant?
Maigh Eo for Sam

panda

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
The fact that Dodds didn’t delete the post is a dead giveaway.

Why

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »
To the people here who place most or all of the blame on Wojo, I have a question:

Do you think it was Pop’s fault the Kawhi didn’t want to play in San Antonio? Kawhi basically did what Joey did to get out of town.

I don’t know if it is his fault but he’s accountable for it.  Luckily for him the organization chose to bet on him versus the player.  But it doesn’t always go that way in the NBA and many times the coach is out.  That being said that seems like apples and peaches to this whole fiasco. 

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
so if he did it at pomona pitzer when he was 76-129 you could crucify him for it but because hes proven his convictions work over time you cant?

Well what he did back then wasn’t part of the hypothetical.

But yes. His experience and success gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2019, 05:27:33 PM »
I don’t know if it is his fault but he’s accountable for it.  Luckily for him the organization chose to bet on him versus the player.  But it doesn’t always go that way in the NBA and many times the coach is out.  That being said that seems like apples and peaches to this whole fiasco.

Good reply, Frenns. I tend to disagree cuz a coach can’t control a player’s emotions. If a guy wants to leave he’s going to do it one way or the other.

Kawhi didn’t want to play for Pops. Joey didn’t want to play for Wojo. So they moved on.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »
The TV broadcasts throughout the season often showed the Hauser parents in the stands at home games and even some -- maybe many -- road games. Stevens Point is 155 miles from Milwaukee -- not exactly down the block. I assume the father has a job. How do you find time to do all that traveling? And it isn't cheap. Along with everything the father allegedly did, he (they) seem like stereotypical helicopter parents taken to the extreme.  A redo of Maymon’s father.
Putting a negative spin on the fact that the Hausers made every effort to see their sons play college basketball together?  Uh, yeah, OK.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2019, 05:33:30 PM »
Henry had his own ambitions which were to audition for the NBA scouts.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2019, 05:34:18 PM »

People believe the version of events that most closely resembles their predetermined narrative.
Yourself included.
The irony you're missing is that you're guilty of that at which you scoff.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »
Kawhi didn’t want to play for Pops. Joey didn’t want to play for Wojo. So they moved on.

Sure if this is your CYO league.  These guys are paid to win basketball games at their respective levels. I guess if the “shrug”, jimmy’s a poor sport argument makes it feel better, more power to you. 

Wojo is paid to recruit and retain major D1 b-ball contributors.  Pop is paid to win with the talent the gm assembled.     

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2019, 07:09:08 PM »
People believe the version of events that most closely resembles their predetermined narrative.
Yourself included.

This is true. A version of it could be repeated in any thread where an opinion is expressed since they are largely informed by our biases. Mine, yours, everyone's.

So, no more opinions, no more biases and no more irony. Shut 'er down.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
This exactly...the parents were not in favor of them leaving MU, very strongly against it. And yes one Kid made the decision, the other went along with it, and would have gone along with whatever he decided.

I feel bad for Sam. He should have stayed to finish out as a great Warrior. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2019, 07:24:55 PM »
Plenty of kids come from small towns and adjust just fine.

Yup, and plenty don’t.  But small town is only one part, it is the part about being the guy and being a winner in that small town all the time that is tougher to adjust to when you are no longer the guy.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2019, 07:27:02 PM »

Delicious irony of the most tasty savory variety.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
This is true. A version of it could be repeated in any thread where an opinion is expressed since they are largely informed by our biases. Mine, yours, everyone's.

So, no more opinions, no more biases and no more irony. Shut 'er down.

Nah.
Much better to pretend I know everything and claim that any version that conflicts with my own is PR spin (and unethical PR spin at that).
Cause Lord knows that if the coaches wanted to get itheir spin out, they could find no better means than through an anonymous post three weeks after the fact on Dodds' board.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »
Yourself included.
Not guilty at all. I’ve heard a version of the same story early on from multiple sources. This story came out and I considered it (see the outside view of Hausers thread). No confirmation bias here. All that said this new version which marinated for weeks for reasons unknown deserves a fair amount of skepticism. Ironically it’s getting very little from the pro Wojo crowd
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:06:26 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

feedback