[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124920 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2019, 05:51:51 AM »
If they were dead set on Wisconsin, why not schedule that visit last then, after school's out?? The fact that they were first, is pretty telling to me. They aren't going to jerk around Coaches like Izzo/Bennett if they were dead set on going to UW already. Besides, I'm sure they get plenty of crap already about them transferring to begin with, and now because of the visit being last weekend.

Mifflin was last weekend, maybe that’s why they had it scheduled then. Sam was there last year. Weather sucked though.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2019, 06:14:54 PM »
All should be concerned with loss of Hausers. This is totally on Wojo the bozo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2019, 07:50:48 PM »
All should be concerned with loss of Hausers. This is totally on Wojo the bozo.

Have a grape soda
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »
There is a version of the reasons for the transfer currently posted on the Dodds board that, if true, will completely change a lot of perspectives on the issue.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
There is a version of the reasons for the transfer currently posted on the Dodds board that, if true, will completely change a lot of perspectives on the issue.   
I assume you’re referring to the post on “the letter” thread? Definitely interesting and a different version from the accepted one
No Finish Line

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2019, 11:49:53 AM »

Link? Or summary?

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2019, 11:58:30 AM »
Now that is the first accounting of events that actually makes some sense to me.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2019, 12:00:27 PM »

An interesting read.  I had been wondering about a Howard vs Team Hauser divide.  Still don't know what the truth is. Always more than one version to the story.  Which is why I am hesitant to choose a side.  But my loyalty remains where it has always been, Marquette basketball.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2019, 12:31:44 PM »
I believe this is 100% true.The Hauser's and Howard's used to sit close to each other at the games.The last few games they were no where near each other.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2019, 12:37:04 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/The-Letter-131282124/?Page=3

That's definitely an interesting read - whether 100% accurate no one here will ever know, but the relatively specific details suggest that there's likely a lot of truth there.  And based on Joey's body language throughout a lot of the season when there were struggles, as well as Wojo feeling the need to call him out specifically in an interview, it probably shouldn't be surprising.  That's not to say that the Hauser's didn't have a point, but in a team sport, creating factions will never turn out well. 

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2019, 01:19:21 PM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that MU probably wasn't Joey's first choice to begin with, but he felt pressured to come here because Sam was here.  It almost sounds like he was never going to be completely happy at MU and was looking for a reason to leave. 

Then you look at the schools they are considering and they are just the other schools Joey strongly considered in HS.  Now, Sam may be leaving just to keep them together.  Just don't recruit brothers anymore.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:26:48 PM by GrimmReaper33 »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
If true, Joey sounds like a whiny, selfish baby. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
If true, Joey sounds like a whiny, selfish baby.

He also looked like a whiny, selfish baby on the court. We saw him pouting numerous times.

Too bad cuz he looks like he’s gonna be really good once he tightens his game up and gets stronger.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
Each side had its reasons for acting the way they did. But I do give both sides credit for trying to move forward without getting caught up in the blame game (except, possibly, for the leak about The Letter).

I haven't read negative comments from Joey, Sam or their parents about the Marquette coaches or program. Wojo, Markus and the rest of the team haven't had anything negative to say about the Hausers. Think that's ultimately the best approach.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2019, 02:08:06 PM »
Each side had its reasons for acting the way they did. But I do give both sides credit for trying to move forward without getting caught up in the blame game (except, possibly, for the leak about The Letter).

I haven't read negative comments from Joey, Sam or their parents about the Marquette coaches or program. Wojo, Markus and the rest of the team haven't had anything negative to say about the Hausers. Think that's ultimately the best approach.

+1

End of the day, the Hausers decided they were not happy. The drama seems like it has lingered on a tad long, though, and it will explode if they announce Bucky. I still think this wasn't all Joey, though.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
He also looked like a whiny, selfish baby on the court. We saw him pouting numerous times.

Too bad cuz he looks like he’s gonna be really good once he tightens his game up and gets stronger.

Agreed, that's why it does seem somewhat believable. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2019, 02:12:18 PM »
+1

End of the day, the Hausers decided they were not happy. The drama seems like it has lingered on a tad long, though, and it will explode if they announce Bucky. I still think this wasn't all Joey, though.

+1.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »

Refreshing!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

tower912

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »
In one of his post game pressers, Wojo referenced a need for more from Joey.  If this latest account is the most accurate, I wonder if the timing is similar and whether the two are related, i.e., Markus echoing a message from Wojo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »
That's definitely an interesting read - whether 100% accurate no one here will ever know, but the relatively specific details suggest that there's likely a lot of truth there.  And based on Joey's body language throughout a lot of the season when there were struggles, as well as Wojo feeling the need to call him out specifically in an interview, it probably shouldn't be surprising.  That's not to say that the Hauser's didn't have a point, but in a team sport, creating factions will never turn out well.

Read back to what I said a few weeks ago that parents and students saw with interactions with one of the H’s and a current member of the team.  Ties in very nicely.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2019, 03:39:58 PM »
Read back to what I said a few weeks ago that parents and students saw with interactions with one of the H’s and a current member of the team.  Ties in very nicely.
I must have missed that one buried in with the hundreds of mediocre posts? What happened. Thanks, and I will hang up and listen.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2019, 03:41:47 PM »
I must have missed that one buried in with the hundreds of mediocre posts? What happened. Thanks, and I will hang up and listen.

+1

Gotta link to your own back-patting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2019, 03:43:43 PM »
+1

Gotta link to your own back-patting.

A bunch of students saw Markus say “Hi” to Joey walking down the street. Joey didn’t respond at all, so Markus said “Hi” louder again. Joey hesitated and said, “Hey.” It was awkward.

Crazy stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »
A bunch of students saw Markus say “Hi” to Joey walking down the street. Joey didn’t respond at all, so Markus said “Hi” louder again. Joey hesitated and said, “Hey.” It was awkward.

Crazy stuff.

Inaccurate on at least three points.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback