Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What I heard  (Read 31671 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What I heard
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 03:50:49 PM »

That is exactly my thought.  I wonder if part of this is watching Herro develop into a first round pick while Joey floundered at the end of the year.

Absolutely no comparison between Herro and Joey. Herro is almost surely a 1st round pick and, possibly a late lottery pick. Joey's not.

Herro was way better coming out of HS and is still way better now.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Joey is a pro. Sorry, guys
Yeah.  Think this is all about Joey’s future than anything else.  MSU? 

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
What about this season gave you any indication that Brendan will be better than Joey. That's preposterous. Was it Brendan's 25% 3P FG %?

Umm....there is the other half of the court.

dannyb334

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:01 PM »
I believe Bailey will be a better player then Joey,I really believe Joey would lose minutes ri him next year

I've started thinking this more and more as the year wore on

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »

One of the first questions scouts ask is "What position can he defend?" Right now the answer is zilch.

He has outstanding basketball skills, but is very slow of foot and nowhere near as tough (mentally) as Sam.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »
I do not think the program will miss Joey Hauser one iota.  Easily replaceable n extremely over rated.  Freshman improve no doubt but his issues are not easily fixed.  His defense n lack of athleticim were really bad, i think he missed the one dunk he attempted?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »
Has NOTHING TO DO with Wojo....stop it.

And if it style of play, he would change that with a competent PG. Chartouny was useless and thy really missed not having Greg Elliott and that Koby McEwen kid...time for them to step up now.

I am excited...
You also said Cain deserved a bunch more minutes soooo, yeah. Credibility isn’t on your side
No Finish Line

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »

Depends on your definition of pro
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
he will be. Not in the NBA though.  Right now, He's a  poor mans Henry Ellenson who cannot create his own shot

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »

I agree - something happened late in the year (fatigue, usage, other) that made the end of season frustrating, but he seems to have the skills to get there.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
he will be. Not in the NBA though.  Right now, He's a  poor mans Henry Ellenson who cannot create his own shot

Better outside shooter than Henry by a mile.

He'll be a pro.

connie

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
I agree - something happened late in the year (fatigue, usage, other) that made the end of season frustrating, but he seems to have the skills to get there.
He was slow all year.  I think he will be slow all next year, and the year after.  lots of iq, and probably a great college player, but he'd have to up his 3 point percentage to near 40 (guessing) to cover his deficiencies.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 04:13:19 PM »
Better outside shooter than Henry by a mile.

He'll be a pro.
Way worse athlete. Who is Joey going to guard in the pros?

dannyb334

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »
Way worse athlete. Who is Joey going to guard in the pros?

let me start with the guys he's not going to guard
1. Ja Morant
2. ...

connie

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »
let me start with the guys he's not going to guard
1. Ja Morant
2. ...
nice

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
Has NOTHING TO DO with Wojo....stop it.

As a guy who has been called a Wojo "apologist" on this board, I have to disagree with you.

The head coach is the CEO of the "corporation." When there is failure in the corporate structure, it is always at least partly on the CEO, and often more than just partly.

For it to come to our second and third best players being so upset with the situation that they felt their only recourse was to leave, that of course has something to do with the coach.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

burger

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2019, 04:27:04 PM »
I posted this in another thread about the development of Xavier Tillman.....

Do you think he would be what he is after 2 years if he came to Marquette.....

That and the Herro analysis.....

I would not want to be in Wojo's shoes today.....

A heck of a lot of questions.....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »
Yes SAM was happy in year one and two.  That is why Joey came.  Year three was different, Markus was different, if you cannot see that then you are blind.

Yep.

In Year 1, Sam and Markus were both young "rotation" players for a very balanced team that included two senior perimeter players (JJJ, Reinhardt), a 4th-year junior perimeter player (Rowsey) and a senior post (Luke). Others had the ball more, took more shots, were counted on to come through in pressure situations, etc. They benefited from the attention paid to others. Markus benefited to the tune of 55% 3-point shooting, Sam 45%, as they were often left wide open by defenses.

In Year 2, Rowsey became the ball-dominant PG. Sam was especially the beneficiary, as Rowsey and Markus had to be accounted for by the defense every possession. I'm guessing Sam LOVED being part of that troika.

In Year 3, Markus had the ball all day, all night, all the time. I'm a big Markus fan, and I don't put any of this on him because he is who he is. But who he isn't is a PG who sees the court well, creates opportunities for others and distributes the ball. I find it totally plausible that Sam and Joey (and maybe especially Mommy and Daddy H?) were frustrated by that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »
I've heard a lot and without going into too much: The timing between Markus coming back and this situation is not a coincidence. Wojo could have handled it better, going back to last season and some of the things he said to the team as a whole about Markus versus the other players. Feelings are that Markus gets preferential treatment. Hausers could have handled it better, got offended and wanted a bigger role. So they........quit and are leaving Marquette.

Everyone is a little bit to blame in this. Wojo is the coach and leader of the team so buck stops with him. But Markus and Sam are the leaders on the floor. They all should've worked this out. Had a legit shot of Final 4. Worst thing Markus did was shoot too much.......

Reminder to everyone to not make emotionally based decisions about your career.
We Are Marquette

connie

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2019, 04:46:58 PM »
I've heard a lot and without going into too much: The timing between Markus coming back and this situation is not a coincidence. Wojo could have handled it better, going back to last season and some of the things he said to the team as a whole about Markus versus the other players. Feelings are that Markus gets preferential treatment. Hausers could have handled it better, got offended and wanted a bigger role. So they........quit and are leaving Marquette.

Everyone is a little bit to blame in this. Wojo is the coach and leader of the team so buck stops with him. But Markus and Sam are the leaders on the floor. They all should've worked this out. Had a legit shot of Final 4. Worst thing Markus did was shoot too much.......

Reminder to everyone to not make emotionally based decisions about your career.
The idea that our end of the year sheet show was cased by the Hauser's quitting is damning to the Hausers, if true.  I don't care how pissed you are at a teammate or coach.  Play out the season and transfer, fine.  Tank when your team is in the top ten?  I can't swallow that logic.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2019, 04:51:39 PM »
I don't think there's any truth to a statement like "the Hausers tanked the end of the season." I think things that people are fine with when the team is winning can quickly become frustrating when the team is losing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »
I don't think there's any truth to a statement like "the Hausers tanked the end of the season." I think things that people are fine with when the team is winning can quickly become frustrating when the team is losing.
I agree with you...but then I remember the 6 turnover 1st half Sam had @ Seton Hall.

Doubt it was intentional, but boy was that a horrid performance mostly ignored because he calmed down and hit some shots.

Markus gets the blame during the swoon but I think everybody is forgetting some really poor Hauser performances too.

connie

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2019, 05:05:40 PM »
The idea that our end of the year sheet show was cased by the Hauser's quitting is damning to the Hausers, if true.  I don't care how pissed you are at a teammate or coach.  Play out the season and transfer, fine.  Tank when your team is in the top ten?  I can't swallow that logic.
Just clarifying---I was responding to an earlier post.  I am not saying they tanked.  Only saying that IF they did, as I thought the earlier post suggested, that would reveal some serious character issues.  I still have no real explanation for that epic collapse.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »
I agree with you...but then I remember the 6 turnover 1st half Sam had @ Seton Hall.

Doubt it was intentional, but boy was that a horrid performance mostly ignored because he calmed down and hit some shots.

Markus gets the blame during the swoon but I think everybody is forgetting some really poor Hauser performances too.

Sam Hauser shot 38% in March. Took 76 shots in those six games which is nearly 13 attempts a game.

When our best player was playing injured and not as effective as he was for 3/4 of the year our second best player was putting in a very poor performance during the most important stretch of the season.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »
As a guy who has been called a Wojo "apologist" on this board, I have to disagree with you.

The head coach is the CEO of the "corporation." When there is failure in the corporate structure, it is always at least partly on the CEO, and often more than just partly.

For it to come to our second and third best players being so upset with the situation that they felt their only recourse was to leave, that of course has something to do with the coach.

Amazing...how some people come around to the "other" side so quickly. The things I have heard today are just verifying what i had sensed towards the end of the year this year...I said it was deeper than Markus's injury(it was) like so many tried to blame..I even speculated if there were some internal problems and wondered if everyone was getting along(they weren't). I also said the fact Wojo didn't fix the problems that caused the slide were a HUGE problem(turns out they were). There was a reason I was calling so loud for his firing...no, I didn't see this coming, but I had sensed there were issues beyond on the court results(or lack there of). I also said "Better a year too soon, then a year too late".

Maybe some of you now realize firing Wojo would have been a good option. I'll tell ya what, had that happened, the Hausers very well may still be here. I'm not crowing about this at all...I'm as pissed off as I have ever been with the state of the program right now. I'm pissed off because it likely all could have been prevented. And Bill Scholl will be getting an email from me, for whatever that's worth.

How ironic, that today of all days, I receive season ticket info for next year in the mail. Terrible timing on MU's part.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

feedback