'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What I heard  (Read 31774 times)

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
Re: What I heard
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »
I believe I understand what you are saying, but to say this is not on Wojo is disingenuous. Wojo or any head coach would share in responsibility for what happened. 
Has NOTHING TO DO with Wojo....stop it.

And if it style of play, he would change that with a competent PG. Chartouny was useless and thy really missed not having Greg Elliott and that Koby McEwen kid...time for them to step up now.

I am excited...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
If it's 1), that's poor teamwork on the Hausers.
If it's 2), why did it take 3 years for Sam to figure out?

In regards to #2, thats why I think #1 makes the most sense.  As stupid as it may be. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »

And if it style of play, he would change that with a competent PG. Chartouny was useless and thy really missed not having Greg Elliott and that Koby McEwen kid...time for them to step up now.

I am excited...

I mean its definitely partially on Wojo to explain to these kids why transferring isn't the right decision that he would do X, Y and Z to ease their concerns. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
In regards to #2, thats why I think #1 makes the most sense.  As stupid as it may be.

Who was here in year 3 that wasn’t here in year one or two?

Think about it. Sam was option 4 or 5 his Freshman year depending on how you look at Katin, was option 3 as a sophomore and option 2 last year.

I can’t ever remember Sam never seeming upset about his role.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:19:06 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
Whatever reason you want to use......

And the possibilities are probably 5 to 10.....

The underlying issues always have to come back to Wojo.....

What recruit in 2020 will want to come here......

This is a Wojo firing moment.....

You have to protect the program now.....

+1 others have said it today, but i would rather be a year early than a year late. Next year's team is a fringe top 25 team. the following year has a ton of holes to fill. Lets pull this band aid off now and start the rebuild...again. >:(

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 03:17:03 PM »
+1 others have said it today, but i would rather be a year early than a year late. Next year's team is a fringe top 25 team. the following year has a ton of holes to fill. Lets pull this band aid off now and start the rebuild...again. >:(

I disagree. We might as well ride out this year and see if it takes us somewhere. See if it leads to a big 2020 recruiting class. If it doesn't then cut ties at the end of the year and your rebuilding process was only delayed one year. It's not like there are lots of hot candidates to go after right now anyways.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »
Who was here in year 3 that wasn’t here in year one or two.

No one I would think would matter to the Hauser's in this decision.  Brendan, Koby and Joe C would the only ones.  They've never played a game with Koby, Joe C is gone, and can't imagine Brendan would have any bearing on this whatsoever, so not sure where you're going with this one. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »
No one I would think would matter to the Hauser's in this decision.  Brendan, Koby and Joe C would the only ones.  They've never played a game with Koby, Joe C is gone, and can't imagine Brendan would have any bearing on this whatsoever, so not sure where you're going with this one.

I’m talking Joey. Just edited the last post.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »

That Joey is the primary one who is unhappy because Sam seemed fine in years one and two.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »
I believe Bailey will be a better player then Joey,I really believe Joey would lose minutes ri him next year

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »
I am excited...

With all sincerity, I admire your optimism.  I really hope you're right.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:17 PM »

I am excited...
Agree to disagree. I think Wojo would even accept some responsibility for this situation.

I'm glad your excited....can we finally evaluate Wojo by the quality of the team he puts on the court? At the end of the day, if he can put MU in a S16 with all 1 star recruits, I'll be happy. Just tired of 5 years of excuses.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:39 PM »
Maybe in exit interviews Wojo told Joey  he was getting beaten out by Bailey, who’s a far better defensive player?

MU_CHI

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »
I believe Bailey will be a better player then Joey,I really believe Joey would lose minutes ri him next year

What about this season gave you any indication that Brendan will be better than Joey. That's preposterous. Was it Brendan's 25% 3P FG %?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 03:28:29 PM »
What about this season gave you any indication that Brendan will be better than Joey. That's preposterous. Was it Brendan's 25% 3P FG %?

Brendan played great defense and took alot of Joey's minutes by doing so.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »
I disagree. We might as well ride out this year and see if it takes us somewhere. See if it leads to a big 2020 recruiting class. If it doesn't then cut ties at the end of the year and your rebuilding process was only delayed one year. It's not like there are lots of hot candidates to go after right now anyways.

True, i guess it would also give us some time to start working the back channels on a coaching search.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »
Hire WHO.  Have you watched what St John's is going through.  We had to make a late season hire when Rick M left.  No thanks.  We ride this out but next year if Wojo doesn't deliver you fire him during the yearly coach derby.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »
True, i guess it would also give us some time to start working the back channels on a coaching search.
Agree with this.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »
Yes SAM was happy in year one and two.  That is why Joey came.  Year three was different, Markus was different, if you cannot see that then you are blind.

MU_CHI

• Walk-On
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:42 PM »
Brendan played great defense and took alot of Joey's minutes by doing so.

Great seems like an overstatement. He was a liability for the most part on offense and Joey was a much better rebounder, as well. I understand we're trying to find a silver lining but to project Brendan as a better player is crazy to me.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 03:39:08 PM »
If having a true PG would help solve the problem, then the Hausers are leaving as help is coming. With Joe C not living up to potential, and Greg going down to injury, Howard was forced to playing PG. With Koby becoming eligible, Greg healed and (possibly) Torrence coming, their is a higher likelihood for Howard to play off the ball more often.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 03:39:57 PM »

I don't know if Brendan will be better, but it's not preposterous.
He's longer, more athletic, handles the ball better and is a FAR better defender. He missed two years of competitive hoops, so the shooting percentage could be an anomaly.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
Great, that’s fine but Joey couldn’t dribble without turning the ball over last year.

Me thinks Joey may be slightly overestimating his ability.

Joey should become a pretty good college player, but he would have been lucky to get 10+ minutes a game as a freshman had he gone to Michigan State.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »
Joey is a pro. Sorry, guys
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
If having a true PG would help solve the problem, then the Hausers are leaving as help is coming. With Joe C not living up to potential, and Greg going down to injury, Howard was forced to playing PG. With Koby becoming eligible, Greg healed and (possibly) Torrence coming, their is a higher likelihood for Howard to play off the ball more often.

I think the point is that the Hausers didn't think Wojo would let that happen.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow