Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What I heard  (Read 32395 times)

Fred Garvin

• All American
Re: What I heard
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »
I know theres another thread,but I just got word it will be Wisconsin,Virginia ,or West Virginia for their transfer

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2019, 05:26:54 PM »
I've been misinformed on that someone was playing with me but I will find out

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »
As a guy who has been called a Wojo "apologist" on this board, I have to disagree with you.

The head coach is the CEO of the "corporation." When there is failure in the corporate structure, it is always at least partly on the CEO, and often more than just partly.

For it to come to our second and third best players being so upset with the situation that they felt their only recourse was to leave, that of course has something to do with the coach.

Absolutely agree "The Buck Stops Here"  except when the NCAA is involved.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
Amazing...how some people come around to the "other" side so quickly.

Maybe some of you now realize firing Wojo would have been a good option. I'll tell ya what, had that happened, the Hausers very well may still be here. I'm not crowing about this at all.And Bill Scholl will be getting an email from me, for whatever that's worth.

I didn't "come around" to any side at all. My feelings on the situation were dictated by the facts. You might like to embrace facts every once in awhile.

I don't realize firing Wojo would have been a good option. There isn't a program in America that would have fired its coach after this season. And you have absolutely no proof that would have solved any of this. None.

You are crowing about it, and you have been all day. Just because you say you're pissed doesn't mean you aren't crowing. You're always pissed. Except when we were winning 20 out of 22 games during the heart of the season; then you were silent.

I'm sure Scholl is quaking in his boots at the prospect of your email. Make sure to issue some ultimatums in it. That'll really get him. Tell him how competitive you are, too. He needs to know that you are the best Marquette fan in the world.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2019, 07:16:58 PM »
I didn't "come around" to any side at all. My feelings on the situation were dictated by the facts. You might like to embrace facts every once in awhile.

I don't realize firing Wojo would have been a good option. There isn't a program in America that would have fired its coach after this season. And you have absolutely no proof that would have solved any of this. None.

You are crowing about it, and you have been all day. Just because you say you're pissed doesn't mean you aren't crowing. You're always pissed. Except when we were winning 20 out of 22 games during the heart of the season; then you were silent.

I'm sure Scholl is quaking in his boots at the prospect of your email. Make sure to issue some ultimatums in it. That'll really get him. Tell him how competitive you are, too. He needs to know that you are the best Marquette fan in the world.

How's your boy Wojo's trajectory looking now??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »
This is a huge gamble for the Hauser boys. I really hope they've got a firm plan and they've been given good advice. The grass isn't always greener on the other campus. In fact, I think it's more likely they fade into obscurity than become all-Americans & draft picks. Of course, if life is that awful at MU, it doesn't matter.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »
I don't think its a gamble on their part at all. Pretty sure they know exactly where they're headed and have done their due diligence. They seem to be "team" players. No better landing spot for that than UVA. Connections exist between the Bennetts and SPASH.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »
Amazing...how some people come around to the "other" side so quickly. The things I have heard today are just verifying what i had sensed towards the end of the year this year...I said it was deeper than Markus's injury(it was) like so many tried to blame..I even speculated if there were some internal problems and wondered if everyone was getting along(they weren't). I also said the fact Wojo didn't fix the problems that caused the slide were a HUGE problem(turns out they were). There was a reason I was calling so loud for his firing...no, I didn't see this coming, but I had sensed there were issues beyond on the court results(or lack there of). I also said "Better a year too soon, then a year too late".

Maybe some of you now realize firing Wojo would have been a good option. I'll tell ya what, had that happened, the Hausers very well may still be here. I'm not crowing about this at all...I'm as pissed off as I have ever been with the state of the program right now. I'm pissed off because it likely all could have been prevented. And Bill Scholl will be getting an email from me, for whatever that's worth.

How ironic, that today of all days, I receive season ticket info for next year in the mail. Terrible timing on MU's part.

Like chico’s told me after we lost to Murray State. “Let MU know right now how upset you are and don’t renew your season tickets.”

Done.   Will not renew until Wojo is gone.  Money talks, and bullsh*t walks.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:49 PM »
Joey a point forward

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I’ve heard it all now.

Heck, while Sam may be capable. We seemed to go to Sacar more for that in desperate times

and he sure as hell couldn't play underneath with the big dogs.  when dg can out jump ya, ya have more than white man's disease.  he got a long long leash from wojo so this wouldn't happen.  while jamaal couldn't make a bad pass in warm-ups for fear of losing pt. surprised no one has mentioned their close knit family unit yet.  wonder what daddy thinks of this ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2019, 07:38:45 PM »
I don't think its a gamble on their part at all. Pretty sure they know exactly where they're headed and have done their due diligence. They seem to be "team" players. No better landing spot for that than UVA. Connections exist between the Bennetts and SPASH.

Too many here simply don't want to make the connection that the Hausers are walking because they no longer have faith in Wojo.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2019, 07:44:01 PM »
Too many here simply don't want to make the connection that the Hausers are walking because they no longer have faith in Wojo.

Or vice versa. The Hausers are complimentary players - very good ones, but still complementary players. Unless you are Larry Bird-like, you still need athleticism to be a star.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
How many games did Joey have sit early because of foul trouble?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »

That sounds great, but what exactly does that mean? No longer have faith in Wojo for what? What were the anticipated consequences they would have suffered had they stayed?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »

I personally prefer the players don’t make the team decesions. The coach does.

Did I miss when the Hausers took over games and carried us at the end of the year?  If I remember correctly they turned the ball over and missed shots just like Markus.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:52:43 PM by TallTitan34 »

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2019, 07:52:32 PM »

Did I miss when the Hauser’s took over games and carried us at the end of the year?  If I remember correctly they turned the ball over and missed shots just like Markus.
Yah, both had a lot of opportunities in those 6 games to post up.  But, TOs and missed shots.  Guess they forgot about those.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »
That sounds great, but what exactly does that mean? No longer have faith in Wojo for what? What were the anticipated consequences they would have suffered had they stayed?

That they didn't think Wojo was a good enough Coach to lead them to where the preseason expectations said they should go.  And that the 1-6 slide had everything to do with Wojo knowing what the problem was and not fixing it like he said he would.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »
What is everybody's opinion on how good Koby is going to be,reports from practice? I remember hearing Bill Raftery saying more then once,how good he believes Bailey is going to be

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:07 PM »
End of day.......Program will move on, we will still be pretty good, what were they thinking, big mistake and they will regret it, it’s going to be a long offseason.  Ok ok ok.  All these things are true.  But something else is true.  No matter how you twist it this is an awful look for Wojo and MU basketball.  IMO this can not be disputed. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »

Did I miss when the Hausers took over games and carried us at the end of the year?  If I remember correctly they turned the ball over and missed shots just like Markus.

Sam was much better than Markus in those games.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:13 PM »

Faith that the program was going to have March success under Wojo. Faith that next year wasn't going to be a redux of the final seven games. Faith that next year was going to be more than just the Markus Howard show.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:33 PM »
What i heard is that the hausers transferred. We move on, get better, and move past it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2019, 07:58:54 PM »

Sam was much better than Markus in those games.

Like when he turned the ball over on the first four possessions of the game to clinch the Big East?

Literally each of the first four possessions.

How can you complain about Markus’ long leash when the Hausers also we’re given a long leash?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
People can blame Markus n Wojo all they want and im not gonna sit here n say they are not without fault.  However, Sam and Joey were the poster boys of most of the complaints of our team this year, slow unathletic, couldnt guard, turnovers etc. the reason we lose to st johns etc is much about the Hauser boys.  Very unathletic for the BE.  I think we will miss Sam for his senior year but we were arguably better without Joey last year and a top 100 athletic forward from now anf Joey is long forgotten even a decent grad transfer PF
We lost a very good player for 1 year in my book, thats about it
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »
What i heard is that the hausers transferred. We move on, get better, and move past it.

How many years without a tourney win before Wojo has to go?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
End of day.......Program will move on, we will still be pretty good, what were they thinking, big mistake and they will regret it, it’s going to be a long offseason.  Ok ok ok.  All these things are true.  But something else is true.  No matter how you twist it this is an awful look for Wojo and MU basketball.  IMO this can not be disputed.

+1 their talent will be replaced hopefully as soon as next year with the development of players on the current roster and/or adding additional players...but today was an embarrassing day for MUBB and Wojo. It really shows he doesn’t have much control in these situations.