Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....  (Read 42070 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »
Time to get rid of the still functional McCormick Hall and instead build a new student dorm developed and operated by the Ritz Carlton company to justify $50,000 a year in annual tuition in tandem with a worthless curriculum full of Marxism taught by leftists masquerading as PhD's. 

Hopefully the MU brass will be sensitive enough to have special floors in the new "hotel"/dorm for transgenders, Muslims and DACA's so as not to contaminate them with the white students who are associated with Marquette's more dark past when an "offensive" warrior was our mascot!

The good news is those Arts & Sciences degrees will get you the same jobs at Starbucks and as flight attendants that you could have gotten without the expensive MU degree and the $100,000 of student debt that comes with it.  Of course the "brilliant", "hard working" team in Marquette's Career Services Center will also allow 20 different insurance companies recruiting students for 100% commission sales jobs as another career option.  Marquette is always so generous to allow these insurance giants to come and entice 100 naive/desperate students dumb enough to work for free so the insurance companies make money even if only one person is successful and stays longer than six months.   ;D

The not so good news is Marquette will still find you after you graduate as they somehow always get my various phone numbers even when I don't give them out.  They call me not to give me a much deserved refund on my "education" but rather are shameless enough to instead ask me for more money in exchange for no more products or services.  How come Boston Market doesn't call me up the next day asking for more money after I ate a meatloaf dinner there the night before?    :-\

Marquette will be much improved next year on the basketball court as well and will only lose 5 of their last 7 games instead of 6 of their last 7.  Good to know the one person offense of chuck and duck will continue with Markus' announcement today.  The bet between my friends and I is how many fist fights break out between Marquette teammates next year when none of the other players touch the ball (assuming many of them don't transfer this off-season instead).  Right now the line has been informally set at 3 and I'm taking the over as Koby McEwen is stuck here after he had to sit out a year already and will not sit idly by as he gets frozen out of the offense with a potential pro career in his future. 

Finally I apologize to the board for dropping my guard and believing in Marquette late in the season.  I think it was the fishbowl effect as we were beating up on bad teams and I didn't realize that Wojo hadn't changed just the level of competition we were facing was worse than usual. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:29:28 PM by duanewade »

tower912

• All American
Re: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »
Somebody needs to get laid. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:31:47 PM »
duane, you need some weed?  lemme know, aina.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »

Somehow this seems like an appropriate response
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »
Many will look at duane's post and discredit it and that's on you.  There is a lot of truth in that post if you want to drop your guard and admit it.  50K tuition per year?  200K for a 4 year degree?  Insane.  If you don't believe the insurance part of duane's post, I lived that in the 90's.

That said, I am glad Marcus is back, but I am hoping for a stronger team concept at the end of games or when closing out games.  I am hoping the guys don't transfer and I am hoping that Wojo didn't just look good in what turned out to be a bad Big East this year.

With the way this team is constructed today, who is coming back, who is done playing, who we have coming in, and provided there are no defections or major injuries, the minimum expectation should be S16.  They should also win their conference and win at least 2 games in the BET as well.  They meet expectations if they lose in the S16, the season is a success if they get beyond that.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out

he said 90's, so i might be going out on a limb here, but i think he's already out and hopefully student debt-free ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »
  he said 90's, so i might be going out on a limb here, but i think he's already out and hopefully student debt-free ?-(

Was talking to the op
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 08:40:27 PM »
The offseason officially has arrived.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »

the "brilliant", "hard working" team in Marquette's Career Services Center will also allow 20 different insurance companies recruiting students for 100% commission sales jobs as another career option. 

Is this really happening? If so, then the Career Services leader needs to lose his job.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 09:09:59 PM »
Is this really happening? If so, then the Career Services leader needs to lose his job.

No it is not. 
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »
I support free speech and the OP.

It's the off-season.  Let it fly.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
Somebody needs to get laid.

I sure as hell know I do.

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »
Time to get rid of the still functional McCormick Hall and instead build a new student dorm developed and operated by the Ritz Carlton company to justify $50,000 a year in annual tuition in tandem with a worthless curriculum full of Marxism taught by leftists masquerading as PhD's. 

Hopefully the MU brass will be sensitive enough to have special floors in the new "hotel"/dorm for transgenders, Muslims and DACA's so as not to contaminate them with the white students who are associated with Marquette's more dark past when an "offensive" warrior was our mascot!

The good news is those Arts & Sciences degrees will get you the same jobs at Starbucks and as flight attendants that you could have gotten without the expensive MU degree and the $100,000 of student debt that comes with it.  Of course the "brilliant", "hard working" team in Marquette's Career Services Center will also allow 20 different insurance companies recruiting students for 100% commission sales jobs as another career option.  Marquette is always so generous to allow these insurance giants to come and entice 100 naive/desperate students dumb enough to work for free so the insurance companies make money even if only one person is successful and stays longer than six months.   ;D

The not so good news is Marquette will still find you after you graduate as they somehow always get my various phone numbers even when I don't give them out.  They call me not to give me a much deserved refund on my "education" but rather are shameless enough to instead ask me for more money in exchange for no more products or services.  How come Boston Market doesn't call me up the next day asking for more money after I ate a meatloaf dinner there the night before?    :-\

Marquette will be much improved next year on the basketball court  as well and will only lose 5 of their last 7 games instead of 6 of their last 7.  Good to know the one person offense of chuck and duck will continue with Markus' announcement today.  The bet between my friends and I is how many fist fights break out between Marquette teammates next year when none of the other players touch the ball (assuming many of them don't transfer this off-season instead).  Right now the line has been informally set at 3 and I'm taking the over as Koby McEwen is stuck here after he had to sit out a year already and will not sit idly by as he gets frozen out of the offense with a potential pro career in his future. 

Finally I apologize to the board for dropping my guard and believing in Marquette late in the season.  I think it was the fishbowl effect as we were beating up on bad teams and I didn't realize that Wojo hadn't changed just the level of competition we were facing was worse than usual.

Here is my take on the opening post:

Paragraphs 1-4 are true for every mid size and large university  in America. So no need to single out Marquette.

Paragraphs 5-6 I think your looking at the glass half empty. The glass half full approach says MU just returned over 90 percent of its offensive production and is adding two seasoned players who sat out last year . Further , the players understand that if they work together they can have a magical season.

UNC Grad MU Fan

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 09:39:39 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 09:42:04 PM »
Ban dis guy

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 11:20:28 PM »
Marquette was expensive but worth every penny.  So much that I sent my son.  If you don’t think it has the value, go elsewhere.  Lots of cheaper options out there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »
Classic scoop.

source?

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 01:06:25 AM »
Anyone who has to take out $200k in loans to attend Marquette should probably not be attending Marquette.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 06:18:39 AM »
Anyone who has to take out $200k in loans to attend Marquette should probably not be attending Marquette.

Why is that?

Separately, are some degrees at any school worth $200k+ compared to the alternative of starting a small business and/or learning a real skill? It is not clear and  the world continues to change. Some degrees are almost  worthless while others are not.Choose wisely.

Believe this is superbar material.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 06:30:57 AM »
He spelled Markus correctly. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 07:02:31 AM »

Somewhat related as my daughter's first choice is Marquette by a wide margin, Marquette personnel are telling her personally they want her there and the financial package (according to outside sources) by "Marquette standards" is the highest possible.  And her first cousin will attend next year to boot.  However, she has three other choices she has interest including another Big East school (with more interest there than the other two). That other school's offer is about 50% more.  She told my wife and I that "I can't double what will just end up in student loans.  That's a significant amount."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
   "Paragraphs 1-4 are true for every mid size and large university  in America. So no need to single out Marquette."

ohhhh, they all do it thing...so it must be ok

the problem with university education in general is the default rates up to 23%.  so there are people going to college that shouldn't be and universities are charging as much as they can because...they can.  i understand students are all responsible for the classes they take, but seriously, there are some classes offered, that if converted into $$/credit and its converted value toward enabling one to repay their student loans, oy vey!! 

Indiana University’s Gender Studies program offers “We’re All A Little Crazy: Gender, Madness, & Popular Culture,” promising discussions on “resting b***h face” and “hails of ‘Yaaas, Queen!’”

The University of Michigan’s American Culture Department offers “Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music,” which looks into how “homophobic and racist” music “serves as a medium for multicultural social and erotic exchange among queer country fans.”

Washington & Lee University has a course on “Campus Sex in the Digital Age” and Queering Colonialism,” while the University of Illinois offers “Hip Hop Feminism” and “Queer Lives, Queer Politics.” Swarthmore College’s Religious Studies Department lets students take “Queering God: Feminist and Queer Theology” and “Queering the Bible,” and Carleton College has “Queer Religion” while Middlebury offers “Queering Food.”

Many courses fall under “intersectionality” -- the hottest trend in identity politics on college campuses, offering students classes combining forms of discrimination (i.e. racism, sexism and classism) in relation to marginalized individuals or groups.

Ivy Leagues lead the list.

Brown University’s American Studies Department offers a course that uses specific objects “including sugar, milk, vibrators, and Spanx” as case studies “to critically consider how material culture informs and signals identity.”

so tell me how any of these classes are going to help one get a job to not only get a "living wage" but also help repay their student loans
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 07:13:23 AM »
   "Paragraphs 1-4 are true for every mid size and large university  in America. So no need to single out Marquette."

ohhhh, they all do it thing...so it must be ok

the problem with university education in general is the default rates up to 23%.  so there are people going to college that shouldn't be and universities are charging as much as they can because...they can.  i understand students are all responsible for the classes they take, but seriously, there are some classes offered, that if converted into $$/credit and its converted value toward enabling one to repay their student loans, oy vey!! 

Indiana University’s Gender Studies program offers “We’re All A Little Crazy: Gender, Madness, & Popular Culture,” promising discussions on “resting b***h face” and “hails of ‘Yaaas, Queen!’”

The University of Michigan’s American Culture Department offers “Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music,” which looks into how “homophobic and racist” music “serves as a medium for multicultural social and erotic exchange among queer country fans.”

Washington & Lee University has a course on “Campus Sex in the Digital Age” and Queering Colonialism,” while the University of Illinois offers “Hip Hop Feminism” and “Queer Lives, Queer Politics.” Swarthmore College’s Religious Studies Department lets students take “Queering God: Feminist and Queer Theology” and “Queering the Bible,” and Carleton College has “Queer Religion” while Middlebury offers “Queering Food.”

Many courses fall under “intersectionality” -- the hottest trend in identity politics on college campuses, offering students classes combining forms of discrimination (i.e. racism, sexism and classism) in relation to marginalized individuals or groups.

Ivy Leagues lead the list.

Brown University’s American Studies Department offers a course that uses specific objects “including sugar, milk, vibrators, and Spanx” as case studies “to critically consider how material culture informs and signals identity.”

so tell me how any of these classes are going to help one get a job to not only get a "living wage" but also help repay their student loans

With all due respect rocket you seem to be focusing on a very specific range here. Why didn't you post anything when people talk about taking basketball studies? Heck my dad who is an accountant and lawyer took PE and Golf courses at northern Illinois. Those had nothing to do with his career and weren't going to help in the real world. This is nothing new only the titles are getting crazier because the professors want to sell students on taking the course
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback