[Today at 02:15:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Smollett charges dropped  (Read 20025 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Smollett charges dropped
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
   All I was saying is that on the state level, when voters are choosing whether they should be retained or not, most judges will get retained.  Throw in the fact that it's Cook County, a democrat judge is almost always going to get retained.  When Cynthia Brim can get retained, anyone can get retained.
And if republic Jonathan Kobes can get nominated and confirmed by the Senate-- presumably a more rigorous and thoughtful process than a popular vote--anyone can become a Federal judge with a lifetime appointment.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
You absolutely know - as does almost everyone on this board - that the two words "George Soros" are a Fox News right-wing dog whistle. If all you guys wanna plead ignorance, I will have no trouble agreeing.

My bigger point, however, is that it is interesting that anytime I, or 82, or Muta, or a couple others make any reference to politics, even peripherally, we hear from the mods. For others? It's a little different.

Derangement exists on both sides of the aisle.... just replace Soros with Koch and right with left.

IOW, you can’t play the victim when you’re a cog of the the two-party autocracy. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:31 AM »
Derangement exists on both sides of the aisle.... just replace Soros with Koch and right with left.

IOW, you can’t play the victim when you’re a cog of the the two-party autocracy.

Your sense of proportion is lacking.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2019, 12:20:35 PM »
Your sense of proportion is lacking.

You dont live in Wisconsin then.  Koch brothers are still to blame for everything here.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »
You dont live in Wisconsin then.  Koch brothers are still to blame for everything here.

Except for everything that is Fox Conn's fault.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »

Things go better with koch
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »

I have no argument with that. Has nothing to do with the point of my original post, however.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »
It took 5 pages and a much longer time then I expected... but in b4 lock

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2019, 10:54:32 PM »
City sued Mr. Smollett today for not paying the reimbursement.  Suburban police chiefs vote no confidence in Kim Foxx.  Calls for a special prosecutor to investigate.  This story will have legs for some time.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2019, 01:47:31 PM »
City sued Mr. Smollett today for not paying the reimbursement.  Suburban police chiefs vote no confidence in Kim Foxx.  Calls for a special prosecutor to investigate.  This story will have legs for some time.

Agreed. The Daily Caller will generate ungodly amounts of ad revenue by never letting it go. It will be in the subject line of racist grandpa chain emails following FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: for decades to come. I can't wait!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
Agreed. The Daily Caller will generate ungodly amounts of ad revenue by never letting it go. It will be in the subject line of racist grandpa chain emails following FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: for decades to come. I can't wait!

And Chico’s will bring it into every discussion about race here on Scoop for years to come.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2019, 04:04:30 PM »

Will this coincide with the investigation into the oranges? Or is this all the same thing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2019, 06:33:33 PM »
You absolutely know - as does almost everyone on this board - that the two words "George Soros" are a Fox News right-wing dog whistle. If all you guys wanna plead ignorance, I will have no trouble agreeing.

My bigger point, however, is that it is interesting that anytime I, or 82, or Muta, or a couple others make any reference to politics, even peripherally, we hear from the mods. For others? It's a little different.

Where in the gosh darn heck is that guy from the small school up there near lambeau filed?  Ok, I’ll do it-
Give me a V an I a C a T an I an M

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2019, 04:31:19 AM »
And Chico’s will bring it into every discussion about race here on Scoop for years to come.

I haven’t said a word about it in a week
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2019, 06:41:46 PM »

Chicago Tribune and Sun Times are not the Daily Caller.  This is a nasty case with both sides not yielding. 
— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »
seems to be some type of privilege here, but i can't quite put my finger on it.  all i know is if i tried to pull something like this, i'd be in the cross-bars motel and paying back more than "reparations" to the city of chicago

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
Video released in last few days show Mr. Smollett still had the rope around his neck while at his home when the police arrived.  Potential new charges could be brought by special prosecutor.  A judge has also made a ruling that Ms. Fox's actions were inappropriate.  Will justice be served here?
— Plato

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
Video released in last few days show Mr. Smollett still had the rope around his neck while at his home when the police arrived.  Potential new charges could be brought by special prosecutor.  A judge has also made a ruling that Ms. Fox's actions were inappropriate.  Will justice be served here?

Can't start lettin' black people get away with stuff. Thanks for reminding us all of that.

If this post doesn't prove that Dad is chico, nothing ever will.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
Can't start lettin' black people get away with stuff. Thanks for reminding us all of that.

Can't be chicos.  He likes the Cubs.  Duh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:25 AM »
I know I won't feel safe until Jussie is locked up.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2019, 01:12:53 PM »
Thanks Chicos
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2019, 06:56:46 PM »
I know I won't feel safe until Jussie is locked up.

A LOT of police hours taken up here.  when do you suppose we should start enforcing the law?  when this actually does happen to someone?  maybe have the jess-ster should meet face to face with those this has ACTUALLY happened to.  not cool when ya have that privilege of knowing someone who knows someone who knows mickey, eyn'a?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2019, 06:17:08 AM »

I had completely forgotten about this case until I saw it pop up on the super bar. Thought I'd check in on a prediction I made a few short months ago:

https://dailycaller.com/buzz/jussie-smollett

Thanks Chicos! Love 2 be proven right.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:36 AM »

Wrong. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2019, 07:33:42 AM »
Can't be chicos.  He likes the Cubs.  Duh.

????

I like Maddon having worked with him for two years, but not a Cubs fan.  I get my struggles with the Halos.