collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Smollett charges dropped  (Read 20038 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Smollett charges dropped
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2019, 07:56:39 AM »
????

I like Maddon having worked with him for two years, but not a Cubs fan.  I get my struggles with the Halos.

Did you forget which account of yours I was referring to?  I was quoting someone talking about your WarrirosDad account, which is the Cubs fan account.  That's the point, your chicos account is the Angels fan, while the WarriorsDad account is the Cubs fan, hence WarriorsDad couldn't be chicos.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2019, 08:17:37 AM »
Did you forget which account of yours I was referring to?  I was quoting someone talking about your WarrirosDad account, which is the Cubs fan account.  That's the point, your chicos account is the Angels fan, while the WarriorsDad account is the Cubs fan, hence WarriorsDad couldn't be chicos.

Nope, because I am not him, or Billy, or any of the other nonsensical accusations here.  Didn't forget a thing.  Good try though.  Charity contributions to prove you, Lenny and others wrong.  Billy has already publicly said he will do it.  I'm sure the others you've accuse me of being would be up for it (I would hope, money for charity).

Let's do it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »
Nope, because I am not him, or Billy, or any of the other nonsensical accusations here.  Didn't forget a thing.  Good try though.  Charity contributions to prove you, Lenny and others wrong.  Billy has already publicly said he will do it.  I'm sure the others you've accuse me of being would be up for it (I would hope, money for charity).

Let's do it.

I guess I simply don't understand why you felt the need to respond to a post where I defend a poster that you are not...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2019, 08:47:21 AM »
Oh good, it's been a while since I've seen an internet pissing match.  ::)

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:15 AM »
A LOT of police hours taken up here.  when do you suppose we should start enforcing the law?  when this actually does happen to someone?  maybe have the jess-ster should meet face to face with those this has ACTUALLY happened to.  not cool when ya have that privilege of knowing someone who knows someone who knows mickey, eyn'a?

The guy has lost his job, his dignity, millions of dollars in current and future earnings, and quite possibly his career.
That feels like justice for a minor, nonviolent offense.
Spendings hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to try the guy so that he can end up paying a trivial fine and serving a couple of years or probation serves no public benefit (except, I suppose, robbing Fox News of easy content).

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
NM  (I know, I know...wrong thread)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:10:14 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »
The guy has lost his job, his dignity, millions of dollars in current and future earnings, and quite possibly his career.
Spendings hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to try the guy so that he can end up paying a trivial fine and serving a couple of years or probation serves no public benefit (except, I suppose, robbing Fox News of easy content).

I think the whole reason for the stunt was that he feared not getting those million dollars in future earnings unless he got a publicity boost, so I don't know if he lost that.  Good chance he'll end up going the reality TV route and eke out a living that way.  I see both sides of the argument about whether to prosecute him.  The real reason to go after him IMO is to deter future attempts at this sort of thing, not necessarily to punish this particular individual.  You have to weigh whether that goal is worth the cost or not.  I wouldn't be too bent out of shape either way.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
I guess I simply don't understand why you felt the need to respond to a post where I defend a poster that you are not...

Uhm, because you mentioned me in the post.  Did you forget?  You said can’t be Chicos, he likes the Cubs or something like that.  Whether you wrote it to me or not, you brought me up and that’s why I responded to you.  Not sure how that is odd to you in any fashion.

If I wrote a post to someone other than you but said Wadesworld beats his wife, or Wadesworld is a closet Cubs fan or even Wadesworld is the greatest dude on the planet, I suspect you would respond because you were brought up in the post.  No different here.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »

Is false reporting of crimes ok and having police go on wild goose chases?  He still hasn’t admitted it.  Why is it that the chief of police or whatever title he has there was up in arms demanding justice? Or for that matter, the mayor?  Seems some corruption in the DA’s office needs to be addressed, too.  The guy has hardly suffered as you outline and I have no doubt in my mind a big fluffy role is probably coming his way.  Not cool to do what he did to the men and women of Chicago police the way he did...in my opinion.  Perhaps if he came clean and apologized to all that would heal the scars. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »
Uhm, because you mentioned me in the post.  Did you forget?  You said can’t be Chicos, he likes the Cubs or something like that.  Whether you wrote it to me or not, you brought me up and that’s why I responded to you.  Not sure how that is odd to you in any fashion.

If I wrote a post to someone other than you but said Wadesworld beats his wife, or Wadesworld is a closet Cubs fan or even Wadesworld is the greatest dude on the planet, I suspect you would respond because you were brought up in the post.  No different here.

Reading comprehension is helpful.  The post I quoted was about WarriorDad.  Hence why I said he's a Cubs fan, because he has told us all many times that he is.  So, once again, I'm not sure why you're protesting this.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »
Could the two of you go back to your mother's basements and troll elsewhere.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2019, 07:21:54 PM »
Uhm, because you mentioned me in the post.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2019, 07:24:46 PM »
Reading comprehension is helpful.  The post I quoted was about WarriorDad.  Hence why I said he's a Cubs fan, because he has told us all many times that he is.  So, once again, I'm not sure why you're protesting this.

The quote you posted  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58483.msg1141071#msg1141071   mentioned me, did it not?  Says Chicos in there, correct?  That's why I responded with the ??????

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »
Aaaahhh. I've had enough. In this post, I'm not joking. There are several people who post regularly on this site that I honestly believe are in need of professional psychological assistance.  I'm just an engineer so I couldn't diagnose them but I'm fairly confident the word paranoid would be one of the words in the diagnosis.

I'm intentionally not specifying who so I don't have to take a "side". I constantly go back and forth between annoyance and pity when reading some threads.  I suppose the fact that I keep coming back might mean I should seek help.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »
The quote you posted  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58483.msg1141071#msg1141071   mentioned me, did it not?  Says Chicos in there, correct?  That's why I responded with the ??????

So you read my post as “Chicos can’t be chicos. Chicos is a Cubs fan. Duh.”

Well, I guess that’s one way to read it lol.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
Good lord...

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2019, 09:02:53 PM »
Aaaahhh. I've had enough. In this post, I'm not joking. There are several people who post regularly on this site that I honestly believe are in need of professional psychological assistance.  I'm just an engineer so I couldn't diagnose them but I'm fairly confident the word paranoid would be one of the words in the diagnosis.

I'm intentionally not specifying who so I don't have to take a "side". I constantly go back and forth between annoyance and pity when reading some threads.  I suppose the fact that I keep coming back might mean I should seek help.

I enjoyed it for like a year. Then it got to the point where I think they actually have severe problems.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2019, 09:48:32 PM »
you know whats just as annoying as the constant bickering of some posters? the posters who constantly complain about the constant bickering of some posters when theres a freaking ignore button option.

“i really really hate reading these guys bickering back and forth. so much so that instead of using the ignore option i have available to me im going to psychoanalyze people based on their internet trolling and never having met them and even claim theyre retarded!”

never stop being you and telling everyone else “you need help.” the best kinds of people.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
you know whats just as annoying as the constant bickering of some posters? the posters who constantly complain about the constant bickering of some posters when theres a freaking ignore button option.

“i really really hate reading these guys bickering back and forth. so much so that instead of using the ignore option i have available to me im going to psychoanalyze people based on their internet trolling and never having met them and even claim theyre retarded!”

never stop being you and telling everyone else “you need help.” the best kinds of people.

The problem lies where there's an entire page of "ignored posts". Now if sccop banned people from posting in threads started by people who have them on ignore, I'd be down.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2019, 10:00:34 PM »
you know what’s more annoying than the people who constantly complain about the constant bickering of some posters?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2019, 01:09:03 PM »

can't find my violin, but it also revealed some issues CPD has with the DA's office too
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2019, 06:47:16 PM »

I read it as you mentioning my name and I still cannot understand why you would be surprised I responded since you did.  Normal reaction.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »

You are wrong that your post was clear that the subject of both of your statements was WarriorDad.

Queue the response "where did I ever say both my statements were clear that the subject was WarriorDad?" because you are never wrong.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2019, 07:28:13 PM »
You are wrong that your post was clear that the subject of both of your statements was WarriorDad.

Queue the response "where did I ever say both my statements were clear that the subject was WarriorDad?" because you are never wrong.

Your words.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"