[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87148 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Markus
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2019, 11:20:40 PM »
Dead wrong.
Rowsey was a PG that nade mistakes yet had vision.  How quickly you forget Rowseys play making abilities.  How many great play making passes did Markus make this year.  Asked a different way how many times did Markus have a wide open teammates standing at tge rim and nit pass it to him? Versus how many times did that occur with Rowsey?
Additionally, the peopke that say Markus would not face double teams in the NBa?  Of cousre he wouldnt, why would a team do that?  They would guard him with a 6-4” to 6-7” 2G with arms longer than Jamal’s that would swarm the crap out of him looking to pad his steal and dunk numbers. 
Dont get me wrong, i like Markus but to say hes a PG with Rowseys vision or an undersized underatletic 2g that would not be swarmed by NBA athetes is a little silly.  The NBA guys under 6 foot have all been uber sthletes with uber quickness and great facilitators,  Markus is none if that.  In time he maybe, until then hed be a massive liability on an NBA court and that only speaks to his offense. The defense against agorementioned 2g, oh my

Andrew Rowsey is doing  well in the Hungarian league in his rookie season. He is maintaining his 3 point prowess at the longer distance. They play the games seriously in Europe to win titles , so  I think he may possibly go up a league next year.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Andrew-Rowsey/Summary/58121
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Andrew Rowsey is doing  well in the Hungarian league in his rookie season. He is maintaining his 3 point prowess at the longer distance. They play the games seriously in Europe to win titles , so  I think he may possibly go up a league next year.

Important question: How many Forints is AR bringin' in?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2019, 08:57:24 AM »

Any idea how much a guy makes in the Hungarian league?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2019, 09:00:35 AM »
Any idea how much a guy makes in the Hungarian league?

$50K + 12 lbs of Hurka per month.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
John Fanta seems to think it’s not just homerism....

What does John Fanta have to do with anything? lol
Because he said "All signs point to Markus Howard coming back." ???
I think you missed RR's point entirely.

also John Fanta seems like a great guy but he's no more of an "insider" than anyone else with a twitter account.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »

also John Fanta seems like a great guy but he's no more of an "insider" than anyone else with a twitter account.
He actually sounds more like my kids' magic 8 ball, rather than an insider. That being said, no news is good news, I guess/ or bad news..

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2019, 10:18:27 AM »

Well he definitely has an in with BE coaching staffs and has interviewed them all on numerous occasions similar to a young Goodman or Katz.  Not saying he knows anything in particular to Markus, but to say he is no more of an insider than anyone else is simply asinine.
I also doubt he would tweet that if he hadnt heard anything.  Info may be faulty but given his contacts he has prolly heard someones opinions.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
Again I think he absolutely should come back, but I don't buy into the "no news is good news" POV.  The longer he goes without making a statement one way or the other, the less confident I am that he'll stay.  Just my opinion.  You gotta figure that at a minimum he should/will declare to get feedback, and seemingly most everyone has done just that at this point.

So waiting this long to say anything at all makes it seem to me like it will be a definitive decision when he does: either "I'm declaring for the draft with intent to stay" or "I'm coming back".  Since I don't see why he'd wait this long to simply declare and get feedback.  We'll see.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »
Again I think he absolutely should come back, but I don't buy into the "no news is good news" POV.  The longer he goes without making a statement one way or the other, the less confident I am that he'll stay.  Just my opinion.  You gotta figure that at a minimum he should/will declare to get feedback, and seemingly most everyone has done just that at this point.

So waiting this long to say anything at all makes it seem to me like it will be a definitive decision when he does: either "I'm declaring for the draft with intent to stay" or "I'm coming back".  Since I don't see why he'd wait this long to simply declare and get feedback.  We'll see.

Day drinking? 🤪

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:29 AM »

With the announcement and the introductory  press conference re Megan Duffy on Tuesday and Wednesday, I suspect MU/Markus have held off in deference to the women's team.  Have a feeling we will hear something this afternoon.  We shall see.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »
With the announcement and the introductory  press conference re Megan Duffy on Tuesday and Wednesday, I suspect MU/Markus have held off in deference to the women's team.  Have a feeling we will hear something this afternoon.  We shall see.

The first time Markus deferred all year.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »
With the announcement and the introductory  press conference re Megan Duffy on Tuesday and Wednesday, I suspect MU/Markus have held off in deference to the women's team. Have a feeling we will hear something this afternoon.  We shall see.

I don't disagree with you here...although if something does come out today, then I would think that he's staying in school. I don't see any way he announces he's going into the draft and staying on the day of the banquet. That would take a lot of shine of the banquet for sure.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Day drinking? 🤪

Was this seen as rambling?  The post is more than reasonable.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »

Great point, didn't even consider MUWBB in the equation.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
I don't disagree with you here...although if something does come out today, then I would think that he's staying in school. I don't see any way he announces he's going into the draft and staying on the day of the banquet. That would take a lot of shine of the banquet for sure.

But if he is leaving, it would come out today as well.  He is not going to the banquet and field 1,000 questions about it if he isn't staying.

And I don't think he would want his being a no-show at the banquet to be the way word gets out that he is leaving.
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #416 on: April 11, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »
But if he is leaving, it would come out today as well.  He is not going to the banquet and field 1,000 questions about it if he isn't staying.

And I don't think he would want his being a no-show at the banquet to be the way word gets out that he is leaving.

Maybe he makes a "surprise" announcement at the banquet tonight that he's staying. There has to be a reason he has waited this long to make any kind of an announcement. Especially if he was just going to "test the waters".

As far as if he's leaving and announcing it today..Wouldn't it be better in that instance to then wait until tomorrow after the banquet is over?? Markus isn't going to want to "ruin" the banquet for everyone by announcing today he is leaving. I can't see him doing that.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »
Maybe he makes a "surprise" announcement at the banquet tonight that he's staying. There has to be a reason he has waited this long to make any kind of an announcement. Especially if he was just going to "test the waters".

As far as if he's leaving and announcing it today..Wouldn't it be better in that instance to then wait until tomorrow after the banquet is over?? Markus isn't going to want to "ruin" the banquet for everyone by announcing today he is leaving. I can't see him doing that.

If he waits until tomorrow, what is he going to say to people who ask him at the banquet tonight?

That's why I think he is staying.  He would have announced by now if he were leaving.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
Since when do players announce they are staying?  I have seen one and that s Tre Jones and hes from Duke which makes it a different situation

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #419 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
For someone making one of the biggest decisions of their life, the timing of a banquet is most likely not a huge concern.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:05 PM »

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:11 PM »
For someone making one of the biggest decisions of their life, the timing of a banquet is most likely not a huge concern.

I agree with this analysis.  Not too hard to simply tell people, “I’m still talking it over with my family.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2019, 12:09:22 PM »
This reminds me of people reading into a Tweet by a potential recruit of an eye emoji with a question mark emoji.  Does that mean he hates Wojo?!  Does that mean he's committed silently?!  My gosh, why doesn't he want to wait until after his visit to eliminate MU?!

We'll know when Markus announces something or when the deadline comes to pass without any word.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »
This reminds me of people reading into a Tweet by a potential recruit of an eye emoji with a question mark emoji.  Does that mean he hates Wojo?!  Does that mean he's committed silently?!  My gosh, why doesn't he want to wait until after his visit to eliminate MU?!

We'll know when Markus announces something or when the deadline comes to pass without any word.

In time, Stan's tweets will reveal all.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2019, 12:50:33 PM »
Today is the final day for early entrants to request an evaluation from the NBA undergraduate advisory committee.  Now, those lists are probably not public so we may not know, but given all the social media ceremony that seems to go into these announcements, one has to believe that he will tell us soon if he's leaving, testing the waters, or staying another year.

If he enters without requesting an evaluation, he forfeits his eligibility and cannot return.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

feedback