* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:41:04 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 12:19:59 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 86810 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Markus
« Reply #450 on: April 11, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »
Since when do players announce they are staying?  I have seen one and that s Tre Jones and hes from Duke which makes it a different situation

Ashton Hagans for Kentucky also announced the same. As much as we remember the more public Grimes recruitment, Hagans is the one we were in on that really could've been transformational for this team.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »
I'm not sure if that's true...

April 11 (11:59pm ET): Deadline to request evaluation from NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee
Beginning this year, an early entrant who requests an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee can hire an NCAA-certified agent without worrying about losing his remaining college eligibility.
April 17-20: Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
Only college seniors are eligible for this pre-draft camp, which takes place in Portsmouth, Virginia.
April 21 (11:59pm ET): Deadline for early entrants to declare for the draft
College underclassmen and international early entrants have until the end of the day on April 21 (Easter Sunday) to submit their names into the 2019 NBA draft pool. They can always withdraw their names later if they decide they’re not quite ready to go pro.
Once the early entrant list is set, NBA teams can begin conducting or attending workouts for those players.

I think you just can't hire an agent after today without forfeiting your eligibility. I'm not sure to be honest.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/2019ENF_NBAMemo.pdf

Guru - this NCAA memo is where I got my information.  I only know what I read about this, but I will say that the early entry rules this year are enough different from last year that they don't seem to be well understood by fans or pundits. 
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2019, 05:07:57 PM »
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/2019ENF_NBAMemo.pdf

Guru - this NCAA memo is where I got my information.  I only know what I read about this, but I will say that the early entry rules this year are enough different from last year that they don't seem to be well understood by fans or pundits.

That's just it, I guess I'm confused...so is that rule stating, that if you declare after today, you can no longer get an evaluation and MUST stay in the draft?? Because if you look at what I posted, as we know the withdrawal date is May 21st and under it it says If you feel you aren't ready to go pro, you may withdraw. Well, but wouldn't that kind of go hand in hand with the eval??

Either way, I do find it quite odd, that Markus hasn't announced anything, I mean if today was his last day to get an eval, it only makes sense then, he would be staying, right?? No way he declares after today and stays "all in"?? I just can't see that. Still have a strong hunch he may make an announcement at the banquet tonight, to provide more juice.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
I would be shocked if Markus “announces” anything at the banquet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #454 on: April 11, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »

I wouldn't...did you read anything in this thread?? Today was the last day he could declare and get an evaluation...which he MUST do if he plans to retain his eligibility. There is ZERO chance an all american can make a decision like this and it not get out somehow. If he announces something after tomorrow, he HAS to stay in the draft...I can't see that happening. Don't you think if nothing comes out before the banquet, or he doesn't make some sort of an announcement at the banquet that he's NOT going to get a million questions about it tonight from attendees?? Think he wants to deal with that?? Think about it...The next announcement is the most important announcement of MU's season.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #455 on: April 11, 2019, 05:53:08 PM »
I wouldn't...did you read anything in this thread?? Today was the last day he could declare and get an evaluation...which he MUST do if he plans to retain his eligibility. There is ZERO chance an all american can make a decision like this and it not get out somehow. If he announces something after tomorrow, he HAS to stay in the draft...I can't see that happening. Don't you think if nothing comes out before the banquet, or he doesn't make some sort of an announcement at the banquet that he's NOT going to get a million questions about it tonight from attendees?? Think he wants to deal with that?? Think about it...The next announcement is the most important announcement of MU's season.

I hope the fans are smart and respectful enough to not bother Markus with that at the team banquet. I also don’t think the rules are very clear so I’m not sure any of us really know what the true deadlines are and what each deadline means each step of the way.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #456 on: April 11, 2019, 07:02:27 PM »

Today is the last day he can request an evaluation. I don't think he needs to publicly announce that request. He could've made the request already. He can still declare through April 21.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #457 on: April 11, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »
How do they determine the people going to the combine?

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #458 on: April 11, 2019, 07:15:12 PM »
How do they determine the people going to the combine?

The NBA teams send in their lists of the top 60 players in the draft, and the NBA somehow comes up with a ranked list. Then as the top kids decide to skip the combine, they invite alternates from the next guys on the list.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #459 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
Today is the last day he can request an evaluation. I don't think he needs to publicly announce that request. He could've made the request already. He can still declare through April 21.

No he doesn't publicly need to, but everyone else has...and it would be odd for a second team all american to not announce something like that when everyone and their brother(national writers etc), would be contacting him to find out. In other words, I don't think something like that could stay quiet.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #460 on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »
The NBA teams send in their lists of the top 60 players in the draft, and the NBA somehow comes up with a ranked list. Then as the top kids decide to skip the combine, they invite alternates from the next guys on the list.

Hmm i dont see Markus as a top 60
College player for sure
Pro prospect prolly not
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #461 on: April 11, 2019, 10:39:31 PM »
Anything from the banquet??

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #462 on: April 11, 2019, 10:41:42 PM »
Anything from the banquet??
Nope.  Markus and Sam co-MVPs.cam to be grad assistant.  Long speeches by Cam & Matt.  Kind of a dull event this year.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #463 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
Hopefully we hear news soon, determines the outlook of next season for us

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »
Nope.  Markus and Sam co-MVPs.cam to be grad assistant.  Long speeches by Cam & Matt.  Kind of a dull event this year.

Co MVP’s?   Cute

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #465 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:28 PM »
No great words of prophecy from Stan?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #466 on: April 11, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »
Heard the first 80 percent of the dinner was excellent, but that last 20% was awful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #467 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »
Heard the first 80 percent of the dinner was excellent, but that last 20% was awful.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #468 on: April 11, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »
It would be insane not to exercise the option going into your senior year. Same with Sam. Free feedback from a future employer. Exactly zero downside, all upside.

Quite the contrary.  He could make a bad first impression and have a stigma hanging over him next year. 

If I’m going to a job interview for a job I want, I’m not going in half-drunk expecting that they’ll give me a clean slate in my second interview. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #469 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:30 AM »

I like that the gif also subscribes to the 80/20 rule.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #470 on: April 12, 2019, 06:39:42 AM »

This was the correct viewpoint

muguru

• All American
« Reply #471 on: April 12, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »
At this point, I think John Fanta saying all signs point to him staying seem accurate. He declares now, he's gone. Just can't see him not giving himself the option to return.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #472 on: April 12, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »
At this point, I think John Fanta saying all signs point to him staying seem accurate. He declares now, he's gone. Just can't see him not giving himself the option to return.

I believe he returns as well. But he can still declare and return.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #473 on: April 12, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »
If he requested advisory committee advice by 11:59 last night.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #474 on: April 12, 2019, 08:05:37 AM »

Not according to the memo Mom posted above...Key Point #1..A student-athlete loses his eligibility if :

1. He Enters the NBA draft WITHOUT requesting an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation from the NBA.

Further under the 2019 Key Dates:

April 11th (11:59PM ET)- Deadline to request evaluation from Undergraduate Advisory Committee

feedback