[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87181 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Markus
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
Today is the final day for early entrants to request an evaluation from the NBA undergraduate advisory committee.  Now, those lists are probably not public so we may not know, but given all the social media ceremony that seems to go into these announcements, one has to believe that he will tell us soon if he's leaving, testing the waters, or staying another year.

If he enters without requesting an evaluation, he forfeits his eligibility and cannot return.
Yup.  Think we hear something yet this afternoon or maybe  we could hope Markus will tell the banquet audience tonight that he is staying.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
Does anyone here  believe Markus shouldn't at least declare and get some feedback, then make an informed decision?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #427 on: April 11, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
Does anyone here  believe Markus shouldn't at least declare and get some feedback, then make an informed decision?

I would assume so, but you never know. I think a guy like Tyus Jones is probably a lock to go whenever he declares but he's decided to skip declaring this year.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #428 on: April 11, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »
Yes, but he probably already knows the feedback. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2019, 01:09:41 PM »
I would assume so, but you never know. I think a guy like Tyus Jones is probably a lock to go whenever he declares but he's decided to skip declaring this year.

Tyus is already getting minutes on the Timberwolves. TAMU only gets the easy locks.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2019, 01:10:50 PM »

That's actually not a bad point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #431 on: April 11, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »
Tyus is already getting minutes on the Timberwolves. TAMU only gets the easy locks.

Bah! Hoisted by my own petard!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #432 on: April 11, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

It would be insane not to exercise the option going into your senior year. Same with Sam. Free feedback from a future employer. Exactly zero downside, all upside.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2019, 01:27:33 PM »
It would be insane not to exercise the option going into your senior year. Same with Sam. Free feedback from a future employer. Exactly zero downside, all upside.

There are downsides.  The fact that you are required to still be in class might make the commitments to the pre-draft process too difficult to juggle.  Like a lot of things, its an investment of time and energy that Markus might not be ready to make.  Especially if he has a pretty good idea what the eventual outcome might be.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #434 on: April 11, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »

Seems to me the info can be solicited without going thru the process.  Im sure the Clippers and many other MU associated people have extensive scouting reports on him from within their organizations.  Would he benefit from going to the wirkouts? Idk
The info should be readliy available with out declaring tho
And its not like Wojo has never worked with any prospects over tge course if tge last 20 years.  He would be able to provide much of tge same evals
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:41:22 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

Lots of us kan provide his feedback, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2019, 01:44:14 PM »

Lots of us kan provide his feedback, aina?
Yah.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
Just curious. What if every senior.to be went through the process? That would be a cluster. Would the evaluations be that thought.out?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »
Danny Ainge at an MU game said this about Markus "great shot maker, bad shot taker".
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2019, 02:45:09 PM »
Today is the final day for early entrants to request an evaluation from the NBA undergraduate advisory committee.  Now, those lists are probably not public so we may not know, but given all the social media ceremony that seems to go into these announcements, one has to believe that he will tell us soon if he's leaving, testing the waters, or staying another year.

If he enters without requesting an evaluation, he forfeits his eligibility and cannot return.

I'm not sure if that's true...

April 11 (11:59pm ET): Deadline to request evaluation from NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee
Beginning this year, an early entrant who requests an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee can hire an NCAA-certified agent without worrying about losing his remaining college eligibility.
April 17-20: Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
Only college seniors are eligible for this pre-draft camp, which takes place in Portsmouth, Virginia.
April 21 (11:59pm ET): Deadline for early entrants to declare for the draft
College underclassmen and international early entrants have until the end of the day on April 21 (Easter Sunday) to submit their names into the 2019 NBA draft pool. They can always withdraw their names later if they decide they’re not quite ready to go pro.
Once the early entrant list is set, NBA teams can begin conducting or attending workouts for those players.

I think you just can't hire an agent after today without forfeiting your eligibility. I'm not sure to be honest.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »

He'll get substantially better feedback by going through team workouts, meeting with personnel directors and scouts face to face and perhaps even attending the NBA combine (he'll likely get an invite), none of which he'd be able to do without declaring.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »
Danny Ainge at an MU game said this about Markus "great shot maker, bad shot taker".

Fact or conjecture, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2019, 03:06:15 PM »

Is that an actual direct quote? Because I've seen the description "bad shot maker" which is a compliment, and not what I think you think your quote means.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2019, 03:32:14 PM »
Guru and Keefe/jon fall into the same category... bullcrap artists.  Throw as much crap against the wall and stand there with chest out and expect oeople to belive you.  Then the one thing that sticks use as evidence that u know everything. 
Danny prolly passed him a note during the game, cuz he heard he was important
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2019, 03:50:43 PM »
Guru and Keefe/jon fall into the same category... bullcrap artists.  Throw as much crap against the wall and stand there with chest out and expect oeople to belive you.  Then the one thing that sticks use as evidence that u know everything. 
Danny prolly passed him a note during the game, cuz he heard he was important

What the hell? That was his direct quote that someone obtained from him that sat next to him at a game..he asked him what he thought of Markus and that's what Ainge said to him..I'm just passing along something I saw..

MU82

• All American
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »

Link, please.

Or is this just second-hand (or third-hand or fourth-hand) conjecture?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »
Don't often agree w Guru but he subscribes to other MU sites. Easily could have seen it there.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »
Link, please.

Or is this just second-hand (or third-hand or fourth-hand) conjecture?

Idk if it was Danny ainge but somebody in the NBA did say that Markus takes shots that everybody would consider terrible but for him are good shots
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
Idk if it was Danny ainge but somebody in the NBA did say that Markus takes shots that everybody would consider terrible but for him are good shots

I don't doubt that. I've said the same myself ... and not only about Markus. There are plenty who fit this description, including our PG the previous year.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2019, 03:58:05 PM »
Don't often agree w Guru but he subscribes to other MU sites. Easily could have seen it there.

You know of what you speak my friend.

feedback