[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Zion  (Read 17711 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Zion
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
Kant talk 'bout everydey chit here no moore. Bagels and lox cummin' write up, hey?

Huh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
Huh?

Race got brought up. Some categorize race as politics so 4ever is suggesting that this thread will be locked for talking politics.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2019, 10:01:25 AM »
Race got brought up. Some categorize race as politics so 4ever is suggesting that this thread will be locked for talking politics.

Ah. Thanks for being a Dr. Gibberish translator, TAMU. Much appreciated.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
Or you could say maybe he tries to be a second rounder and fight for a roster spot, doesn't get it and never gets his shot at the NBA, so he goes overseas and makes 6 digits for 10 years, and then needs to go back to school to complete his education and get a real job.

Markus would not be the player to look at that and think "I need to leave now."  It's the sure fire top NBA players who might need do that.  It was a freak play, not a regular occurrence.

Ask Dominic James.

Again, I’m not abdicating him leaving or staying. The thought of injury is real. People are out there saying Zion should not play anymore this season and risk a major injury.

Again, was just my initial reaction.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »
I had the volume down low on SportsCenter this morning, so maybe I misheard, but didn't Coach K say postgame that Zion has tweaked his knee a few times over the past few games/weeks?  Based on that info, I'll be surprised if we see him again.  It's one thing if his knee was 100%, and then this freak accident happened.  It's another if his knee was weak to begin with, and this made it worse. 

If he does sit out the rest of the year, it'll be interesting to how it's portrayed by Duke and Zion.  If they stick to the line of "his knee is just not where it needs to be", I think he's a lock for NPOY.  However, if Zion makes it clear that he's 100% and he's sitting out in the interest of his future, I think he loses a lot of votes. 

Honestly, if his knee was truly banged up before last night, he should shut it down, and I have no doubt that Coach K and his teammates would be supportive.  They know what is on the line.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
Heisie is, for the first time, taking the side of the downtrodden masses to stir the pot.    Same with Willie.     Cheeks gotta cheeks. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »
I know, I was replying to the "do our guys where Nikes" question

I see what you said was correct,  it was worded a little odd.  All good, kin.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2019, 11:06:32 AM »
Heisie is, for the first time, taking the side of the downtrodden masses to stir the pot.    Same with Willie.     Cheeks gotta cheeks.

Mu82 has to 82, wades will wade, tower will tower, 4ever will 4ever, so on and so forth.

Each of these threads you can predict with at least 90% certainty where people stand before they are even written, but you seem to only call out some in my opinion.  Again, my opinion only....personally I don’t mind it...makes Scoop Scoop.  People are going to have strong and differing opinions.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
Mu82 has to 82, wades will wade, tower will tower, 4ever will 4ever, so on and so forth.

Each of these threads you can predict with at least 90% certainty where people stand before they are even written, but you seem to only call out some in my opinion.  Again, my opinion only....personally I don’t mind it...makes Scoop Scoop.  People are going to have strong and differing opinions.
True.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »

It's not what is said, it's who is saying it, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »
It's not what is said, it's who is saying it, ai'na?

Yup. Really not a big fan of that, but makes it easier to entirely discount what is said... A lot of that going around in the world these days. I think it's rooted in troll behavior online, honestly.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18:36 PM »
Yup. Really not a big fan of that, but makes it easier to entirely discount what is said... A lot of that going around in the world these days. I think it's rooted in troll behavior online, honestly.

Yep, D'Lo ... trolls will troll.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »
Yep, D'Lo ... trolls will troll.

Spoken by someone who does it with the best....you are truly one of the best.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2019, 02:26:56 PM »
Spoken by someone who does it with the best....you are truly one of the best.

+1

The last five or so posts are classic ... all the trolls lining up to lament trolling.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »
Nike Basketball Shoe Blowout May Be a ‘Classic’ Liability Case
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-21/nike-slagged-in-twitter-storm-as-basketball-star-s-shoe-splits

The incident suggests that Nike could be liable, said Paul Edelstein, a lawyer at Edelsteins Faegenburg & Brown in New York. He represents athletes in brain injury and other sports-related litigation.

“This would be a classic product-liability case if Mr. Williamson suffered any type of serious injury and was inclined to bring one,” Edelstein said. “This product was specifically designed to provide support for athletes such as him and clearly failed.”

The injury happened after Williamson planted his foot to change direction. His left shoe, Nike’s PG 2.5 PE, came apart, causing him to fall awkwardly.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:33 PM »
It was much more his foot slipping out from under him that caused the awkward leg bend, and the force of the slip is what caused the shoe to split.  The shoe splitting didn't cause the fall, it was a result of the fall.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:55 PM »
Nike Basketball Shoe Blowout May Be a ‘Classic’ Liability Case
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-21/nike-slagged-in-twitter-storm-as-basketball-star-s-shoe-splits

The incident suggests that Nike could be liable, said Paul Edelstein, a lawyer at Edelsteins Faegenburg & Brown in New York. He represents athletes in brain injury and other sports-related litigation.

“This would be a classic product-liability case if Mr. Williamson suffered any type of serious injury and was inclined to bring one,” Edelstein said. “This product was specifically designed to provide support for athletes such as him and clearly failed.”

The injury happened after Williamson planted his foot to change direction. His left shoe, Nike’s PG 2.5 PE, came apart, causing him to fall awkwardly.

I can't wait for the warning labels now on shoes that say if you are over this size, this particular weight, apply this much torque, if the floor has X grade of viscosity, etc, etc, the shoes may not function. 

Merica

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »
It was much more his foot slipping out from under him that caused the awkward leg bend, and the force of the slip is what caused the shoe to split.  The shoe splitting didn't cause the fall, it was a result of the fall.

+7

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2019, 02:49:02 PM »
Interesting that many the current NBA players think like DeMarcus, not like the white guys here that do not think the NCAA exploits its players.

DeMarcus Cousins Rips NCAA After Zion Williamson Injury: 'It's Bulls**t'

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/demarcus-cousins-rips-ncaa-after-zion-williamson-injury-its-bullst-554867.html

At the mere mention of the scary, shoe-splitting spill Wednesday by prize NBA prospect Zion Williamson, Warriors star DeMarcus Cousins came out swinging.

"Knowing what I know now, college (basketball) is bulls**t," he said Thursday. "College basketball and the NCAA is bulls**t."

Charlotte Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »
And, it happened most famously in a nationally televised game (we didn't get too many of those in the early 90's).  I'm pretty sure it was Logterman, and I think it was against Kansas.
Nov 1990 v Duke at Cameron
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:04:47 PM by Charlotte Warrior »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »
Interesting that many the current NBA players think like DeMarcus, not like the white guys here that do not think the NCAA exploits its players.

DeMarcus Cousins Rips NCAA After Zion Williamson Injury: 'It's Bulls**t'

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/demarcus-cousins-rips-ncaa-after-zion-williamson-injury-its-bullst-554867.html

At the mere mention of the scary, shoe-splitting spill Wednesday by prize NBA prospect Zion Williamson, Warriors star DeMarcus Cousins came out swinging.

"Knowing what I know now, college (basketball) is bulls**t," he said Thursday. "College basketball and the NCAA is bulls**t."

They should keep it up, have their union change the 1 and done rule if they are so committed.  Fine by me and many college basketball fans. He should also take a look in the mirror and examine all the pro players that had ZERO shot of pro ball UNTIL they played college ball and polished their skills and proved it....for some reason these guys aren't talking about that today...hmm. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »
They should keep it up, have their union change the 1 and done rule if they are so committed.  Fine by me and many college basketball fans. He should also take a look in the mirror and examine all the pro players that had ZERO shot of pro ball UNTIL they played college ball and polished their skills and proved it....for some reason these guys aren't talking about that today...hmm.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26048666/demarcus-cousins-golden-state-warriors-blasts-ncaa-system-zion-williamson-injury

Cousins, who spent one season at Kentucky before being selected with the fifth pick in the 2010 NBA draft, said he enjoyed his time in college, but he has a different perspective after almost a decade in the professional basketball.

"I loved my experience in college," Cousins said. "That was some of the best years of my life playing basketball. But with that being said, just how crooked the whole NCAA business is -- I actually saw a post the other day where the highest ticket for that UNC-Duke game was $2,500, $3,500. How much does Zion Williamson see? That's who they're coming to see, so how much of that is he getting? Actually, who does it go to? How does it benefit any player on that team? But if they were to get $20 and a free meal, they're this bad kid, they get a bad rep, uncoachable, or thugs, whatever the case may be. So it's bulls---. It's been bulls---."

Cousins believes the GLeague route, over time, will gain more traction with younger players looking for a different route to the NBA.

"The DLeague/GLeague route," Cousins said. "I think that's helpful. Obviously, it's not a popular thing right now, but I think it will grow over time. You've seen a couple of young guys in that program already.

------------------

another interesting comment from this story ...

"I have no comment on what he should do for his future," [LeBron] James said Thursday. "If he needed any advice, he can find a way to find me, but it is not for you guys, it is not for someone to go sit across the table and say, 'Well, LeBron said this about this kid.'

"He has to do what is best for him. His family has always been his support system. I just wish great health for the kid, but that's not my lane to talk about what he should do going forward."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
Nov 1990 v Duke at Cameron

That's funny...my memory was that it was Duke, and I had originally typed that because I thought it was an interesting coincidence.  But then when I googled to see if I could find a video to link, I came across this wiki article:  "The Kansas game was televised on ESPN and was remembered for showcasing Robb's uncanny knack for destorying [sic] L.A. Gear shoes."  I guess I should have trusted my memory.  But I'm getting old...and the memory isn't what it used to be.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:20:23 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2019, 03:23:13 PM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26048666/demarcus-cousins-golden-state-warriors-blasts-ncaa-system-zion-williamson-injury

Cousins, who spent one season at Kentucky before being selected with the fifth pick in the 2010 NBA draft, said he enjoyed his time in college, but he has a different perspective after almost a decade in the professional basketball.

"I loved my experience in college," Cousins said. "That was some of the best years of my life playing basketball. But with that being said, just how crooked the whole NCAA business is -- I actually saw a post the other day where the highest ticket for that UNC-Duke game was $2,500, $3,500. How much does Zion Williamson see? That's who they're coming to see, so how much of that is he getting? Actually, who does it go to? How does it benefit any player on that team? But if they were to get $20 and a free meal, they're this bad kid, they get a bad rep, uncoachable, or thugs, whatever the case may be. So it's bulls---. It's been bulls---."

Cousins believes the GLeague route, over time, will gain more traction with younger players looking for a different route to the NBA.

"The DLeague/GLeague route," Cousins said. "I think that's helpful. Obviously, it's not a popular thing right now, but I think it will grow over time. You've seen a couple of young guys in that program already.

------------------

another interesting comment from this story ...

"I have no comment on what he should do for his future," [LeBron] James said Thursday. "If he needed any advice, he can find a way to find me, but it is not for you guys, it is not for someone to go sit across the table and say, 'Well, LeBron said this about this kid.'

"He has to do what is best for him. His family has always been his support system. I just wish great health for the kid, but that's not my lane to talk about what he should do going forward."

For the 18 billionth time. No one is making them go to college. They have the options of going to play in the G-league, Europe, or a number of other professional leagues around the world.

They made the personal decision that what was best for their long term interests was College, knowing full well the different economic options out there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »

That's the only "skill" I have that's similar to an NBA player!