[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Festivities  (Read 14638 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Wade Festivities
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2019, 03:28:35 PM »
Job well done, MU. Nice tribute for the greatest player to ever a MU uniform. DWade provided a ton of wonderful memories for young and old Warrior fans.
Still my favorite player to wear my team’s uni in any sport. Absolutely loved watching him play
No Finish Line

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »
Still my favorite player to wear my team’s uni in any sport. Absolutely loved watching him play

Agree.  For all the hate on TC, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.  I'll never understand the hatred for that reason alone.

Wade is an all-timer for us, and we are and remain lucky to have him associated with the school.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2019, 03:32:17 PM »
Agree.  For all the hate on TC, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.  I'll never understand the hatred for that reason alone.

Wade is an all-timer for us, and we are and remain lucky to have him associated with the school.

unnatural carnal knowledge off

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »

No thanks.  I'm glad Wade came to MU.  Glad the coaches and administration made it happen.  It has been an incredible blessing for Marquette.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »

wow!  looks like someone needs an arby's and a snickers bar-i hope this click don't count

don't...don't don't don't don't

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »

and Mussolini kept the trains on time...

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2019, 04:34:24 PM »
I must be dense.  I don't get the Crean hate.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
and Mussolini kept the trains on time...

apparently Hitler reference was too much?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »
I must be dense.  I don't get the Crean hate.

It is bizarre, really bizarre.  Especially from those that idolize some people and accomplishments that would not have happened.  Makes me laugh.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
Some people have had personal experiences with Crean. Enough said

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2019, 04:48:19 PM »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:15:30 PM by Archies Bat »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2019, 04:48:30 PM »

I’m still holding a grudge that Riley won the camp award over me.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2019, 04:49:37 PM »
I’m still holding a grudge that Riley won the camp award over me.

Ok, this is understandable.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
It is bizarre, really bizarre.  Especially from those that idolize some people and accomplishments that would not have happened.  Makes me laugh.
Or if you watch a man act like an ass to his family at a country club and think the way he left (and shopped himself while at MU) was BS then maybe you appreciate the final four but don't appreciate the man.  I dont understand what is bizarre about that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2019, 05:14:25 PM »

Yup, I have some negative ones....I worked for the man.  Dealt with him every single day.  That said...Mussolini?  Wow.  OK.  Even more, the guys that dealt with him more than you or I, the players, they seem to be thankful.  Glad Novak and Wade gave him a bit of love this week.  Neither of those guys would be at MU if it wasn't for him.  We're all better off, despite some of the negative dealings, for how MU benefited.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2019, 05:21:28 PM »
Or if you watch a man act like an ass to his family at a country club and think the way he left (and shopped himself while at MU) was BS then maybe you appreciate the final four but don't appreciate the man.  I dont understand what is bizarre about that.

That's fair, though I find it ironic a lot of those same guys worship the ground KO walked on......speaking of behavior in public and shopping around.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2019, 05:27:17 PM »
Thanks for making this a Crean thread Chicos!

I thought MU did a great job with the festivities. It was cool to have the videos from all the players. Very cool honors for Wade with the jacket and the “Dwyane Wade Day” proclamation. The banner was also a nice touch.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »
Yup, I have some negative ones....I worked for the man.  Dealt with him every single day.  That said...Mussolini?  Wow.  OK.  Even more, the guys that dealt with him more than you or I, the players, they seem to be thankful.  Glad Novak and Wade gave him a bit of love this week.  Neither of those guys would be at MU if it wasn't for him.  We're all better off, despite some of the negative dealings, for how MU benefited.
you've never heard that saying before? I have dealt with Crean numerous times, and my perception he was good to the people that could help him. To each is own.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »
Thanks for making this a Crean thread Chicos!

I thought MU did a great job with the festivities. It was cool to have the videos from all the players. Very cool honors for Wade with the jacket and the “Dwyane Wade Day” proclamation. The banner was also a nice touch.

Without Crean, there is no Wade.  They are linked whether we like it or not.

I hope MU posts the videos for the out of towners to see, that would be a nice touch. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »
Without Crean, there is no Wade.  They are linked whether we like it or not.

I hope MU posts the videos for the out of towners to see, that would be a nice touch.

They are on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1087059031372386304
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2019, 07:27:46 PM »
Lots of video on the Marquette YouTube Channel.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2019, 08:20:09 PM »
Crean was the right guy at the right time. He brought us Wade and a FINAL 4. That connection raises the image of Marquette in the world of college basketball nearly as much as Al McGuire and the 1977 National Championship and more importantly it re-established our relevance in college basketball in the 21st century. WOJO is standing on that foundation today.

I got to spend a fair amount of time with Crean when we were building the Al McGuire Center. He was completely A-D-D but also an intensely focused and caring about MU basketball. Having spoken with him on 2 occasions in recent years, he surprisingly remembers me and is always engaging. I think he has matured into a pretty decent human being. His bad departure really destroyed his image at MU. In retrospect, very glad we had him. I also believe he remains very connected to his Marquette memories. I think our relationship with Tom Crean should be based on incredible positive shared experience.

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »
Note CBS Sports Network broadcast the entire Wade halftime and then Wade spoke to the CBS Announcers for a signficant part of the 2nd half. Worth watching! I don't remember a broadcast halftime of a past player event in recent memory. Glad I recorded it!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2019, 09:33:50 PM »

As a Heat fan from their beginning, I am thrilled that Wade got drafted by them. I remember sitting in a Mexican restaurant in Tallahassee, Fl during the draft and everyone looking at the crazy dude standing and cheering as the Heat's pick was announced.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »
Crean was the right guy at the right time. He brought us Wade and a FINAL 4. That connection raises the image of Marquette in the world of college basketball nearly as much as Al McGuire and the 1977 National Championship and more importantly it re-established our relevance in college basketball in the 21st century. WOJO is standing on that foundation today.

I got to spend a fair amount of time with Crean when we were building the Al McGuire Center. He was completely A-D-D but also an intensely focused and caring about MU basketball. Having spoken with him on 2 occasions in recent years, he surprisingly remembers me and is always engaging. I think he has matured into a pretty decent human being. His bad departure really destroyed his image at MU. In retrospect, very glad we had him. I also believe he remains very connected to his Marquette memories. I think our relationship with Tom Crean should be based on incredible positive shared experience.

Give it a rest, Chico. We know you worship Cream in all of your identities/iterations.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:49:11 PM by Lennys Tap »

feedback