'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Festivities  (Read 14695 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Wade Festivities
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »
Without Crean, there is no Wade.   

Crean is D Wades father? That's a scoop!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »
It is bizarre, really bizarre.  Especially from those that idolize some people and accomplishments that would not have happened.  Makes me laugh.

I liked Crean but I totally understand the mixed feelings. Not that bizarre really.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2019, 10:50:42 PM »
LOL!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
KO - an pretty boy who would tell you he’s an pretty boy

TC - an pretty boy who would tell you he’s Jesus Christ.

I’m sure you all can tell from my use of an that I didn’t type pretty boy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:40:10 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
Note CBS Sports Network broadcast the entire Wade halftime and then Wade spoke to the CBS Announcers for a signficant part of the 2nd half. Worth watching! I don't remember a broadcast halftime of a past player event in recent memory. Glad I recorded it!

Yes, and the best part about it was that not only was Wade very engaging, but we didn’t have to listen to Gillen for a long time!
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2019, 11:13:03 PM »
KO - an pretty boy who would tell you he’s an pretty boy

TC - an pretty boy who would tell you he’s Jesus Christ.

I’m sure you all can tell from my use of an that I fight type pretty boy.

I’m an pretty boy

I’m an pretty boy

I’m an pretty boy just the same

But I’d rather be an pretty boy

Than to go to Notre Dame
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

1SE

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2019, 12:01:23 AM »
Note CBS Sports Network broadcast the entire Wade halftime and then Wade spoke to the CBS Announcers for a signficant part of the 2nd half. Worth watching! I don't remember a broadcast halftime of a past player event in recent memory. Glad I recorded it!

Audition for a commentary gig. He did well!
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2019, 01:28:15 AM »
Give it a rest, Chico. We know you worship Cream in all of your identities/iterations.
What does A-D-D mean!? spell it out or don't type it. I can't stand abbreviations...just say it or don't even go there. It makes one seem cowardly...

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2019, 01:33:09 AM »
I must be dense.  I don't get the Crean hate.
Neither do I...I love the guy as a coach. Never met him as a person. But seemed driven and devoted and dedicated to be the best. All the other stuff I think is noise and alot of people in their feelings too much. The man was a winner. And he did bring in Buzz too didn't he and recruited Wade, Novak, and Diener. Enough said. He was a great speaker to me as well...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2019, 01:36:38 AM »

Nope, though Wade has called him a father figure.

His words, not mine

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bed2f1QAzN3/?hl=en

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2019, 01:40:08 AM »
Give it a rest, Chico. We know you worship Cream in all of your identities/iterations.

Nope.  Appreciate what he did for the university, did something we hadn’t done in decades and haven’t done since.  He could be an enormous pretty boy, he was tough to work for....I also think he has grown up a bit.  There’s a reason why many players swear by him and call him father figure like.  I’ll always take their word over yours.  No offense.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2019, 01:42:21 AM »

You think I am Darkwarrior now???   Hysterical.  God forbid someone have something positive to say about a man you loathe.  Am I Dwayne Wade, too.....he had a lot of nice things to say about his former coach...so did Novak...i’m Steve now, too?  Lol

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2019, 01:43:35 AM »
What does A-D-D mean!? spell it out or don't type it. I can't stand abbreviations...just say it or don't even go there. It makes one seem cowardly...

ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2019, 01:46:15 AM »
Neither do I...I love the guy as a coach. Never met him as a person. But seemed driven and devoted and dedicated to be the best. All the other stuff I think is noise and alot of people in their feelings too much. The man was a winner. And he did bring in Buzz too didn't he and recruited Wade, Novak, and Diener. Enough said. He was a great speaker to me as well...

Some alums were used to getting their way with previous administrations.  I worked there with Deane and Crean, that stopped and alienated some.  He wasn’t a drinker, he did things much differently then the old MU way.  He was a jerk at times, which didn’t help....then again KO was as big of a jerk but always got a pass.  Just the way it is.  We are a better program for his contributions.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2019, 07:32:16 AM »
As a Heat fan from their beginning, I am thrilled that Wade got drafted by them. I remember sitting in a Mexican restaurant in Tallahassee, Fl during the draft and everyone looking at the crazy dude standing and cheering as the Heat's pick was announced.
If it wasn't Peppers...you were at the wrong Mexican restaurant.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »
Audition for a commentary gig. He did well!

Wade has been doing NBA commentary work for a few years.  He has worked the NBA Finals as a "studio" analyst (studio in quotes since ABC moves their studio segments on-site for the Finals).

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2019, 08:07:33 AM »
If it wasn't Peppers...you were at the wrong Mexican restaurant.

It wasn't, but wasn't my choice. (I've been to Peppers before, awesome chips and salsa). And the one I was at is now an Asian Fusion restaurant. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
Back on topic. The Miami Heat posted the event on their Facebook page. Great Marquette coverage to the Heat fanbase!
(not sure how to link the post)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMiamiHeat%2Fvideos%2F1709549395813009%2F&show_text=1&width=476" width="476" height="612" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Thanks to Marquette University Dwyane Wade officially has his own day!

See how Marquette Men's Basketball and the city of Milwaukee honored Father Prime on D. Wade Day and the halftime surprise that came with it 👀

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »
MU is doing a nice job advertising DWade's celebration, and the $3 food/drinks is a great idea to get people in the doors early....BUT, I haven't seen anything indicating when the "ceremony" will actually take place. It's possible I missed it and I assume halftime, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Anyone have any info or insight on this?

Still looking for my $3 beer.  None of the concessions upstairs knew what I was talking about.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
We got in line for the $3 drinks at 10:48 and the lines were S L O W   A  F .  There were 12 people in line ahead of us, 12 minutes to go, we figured fine, we're in line no problem.  Wrong.   At 11:00 when the anthem came on they stopped serving and abruptly told the people at the front of the line that the specials were over.  In that 12 minutes they served 6 people in my line and the other lines weren't any faster.  So there was no courtesy cutoff, like ok, these guys were in line way in advance of the cutoff, they qualify for the specials, nothing like that.  Not a lot of goodwill earned in my book on that deal.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2019, 04:31:01 PM »
We got in line for the $3 drinks at 10:48 and the lines were S L O W   A  F .  There were 12 people in line ahead of us, 12 minutes to go, we figured fine, we're in line no problem.  Wrong.   At 11:00 when the anthem came on they stopped serving and abruptly told the people at the front of the line that the specials were over.  In that 12 minutes they served 6 people in my line and the other lines weren't any faster.  So there was no courtesy cutoff, like ok, these guys were in line way in advance of the cutoff, they qualify for the specials, nothing like that.  Not a lot of goodwill earned in my book on that deal.

Likely it was computer system related. At 11:00, automatically switched to normal prices when ringing people up. Honestly, not much they could do in that situation.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »

We got there at 9:30 when the doors opened and there were no lines whatsoever.
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2019, 04:54:43 PM »
We got there at 9:30 when the doors opened and there were no lines whatsoever.

Well, if you would have wanted another round for the start of the game, I suspect you would've had to get in line by about 10:30 to get your drink before tipoff.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2019, 05:03:19 PM »
Well, if you would have wanted another round for the start of the game, I suspect you would've had to get in line by about 10:30 to get your drink before tipoff.

One was enough. And the $3 breakfast sandwiches were a great deal and were surprisingly good.
Have some patience, FFS.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »
We got there around 945 and didn't have any problem w/ the Bloody Mary's and the also incl screwdrivers for $3, at the bar.. We were at the Sect 119 bar area...  Even got a seat.  There was a long line for the sandwiches.  We actually got in line a couple of times and got our drinks in plenty of time... OH  BTW..The bartenders said they didn't know anything about the drink "specials" until they got to work.The beer was around the corner from the bar, and I saw a couple of other customers who had cans of Pabst...  Not sure what , if other, beers were offered.... 8-)   

feedback