[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Festivities  (Read 14648 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Wade Festivities
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:32 AM »
I don't necessarily mind them, but it did seem to affect the energy in the stadium for the Xavier game, and the stadium was 2/3 empty right before game time. The Flash Sale is a good idea to try to get more butts in the seats earlier.
So, explain the Seton Hall game at 1pm last Saturday, that also seemed to lack energy.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »
So, explain the Seton Hall game at 1pm last Saturday, that also seemed to lack energy.

No idea, I wasn't able to make that one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Gaaaaah!

I stopped reading when I saw the sentence that used "it's" instead of the proper "its".  All the unemployed and underemployed comm majors out there....

Well, I am sure that Gaaaah! only has 4 a's in it!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 10:11:26 AM »
Never thought id possibly have B&G at a MU game. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
No idea, I wasn't able to make that one.
Well, student body is back. I would think tons of energy will be in another near sold out building this Sunday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »
Won't all of the students still be at mass after a long night of studying?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 10:52:17 AM »
Well, student body is back. I would think tons of energy will be in another near sold out building this Sunday.

They BLOODY well better show up or we'll be SCREWED.
Also, BEER.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 11:06:13 AM »
The student section had more consistent attendance while they were on break.

burger

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
Just bring a few "bats" for Cooley......or at least a Big Bat Head for the student section.....

Get you on National TV and would be hilarious.....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »
Just streamed this movie recently.

I believe that Glow and I were 2 of the 14 people that actually saw it in the Theater back in the eighties.  Several "before they were famous" appearances in here.

Batty, batty, batty!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3po2ER3jxnI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3po2ER3jxnI</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 01:43:27 PM »
Ah, the days before spell and grammar check. No wonder we got it right there was no crutch to carry us.

You didn't get it right.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:46 PM »
I think the pre-game specials are a great deal, and they should do something similar every game.  It sure seems like all the restaurants near the FF are busier this year, and I've found it more difficult to get a table anywhere for some food.  If they had specials like this, it would make more sense to just go in early and grab something to eat in the arena.  The FF has more table and counter areas than the BC, so they could make some extra cash by having pre-game specials like that more often.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 01:56:39 PM »
I think the pre-game specials are a great deal, and they should do something similar every game.  It sure seems like all the restaurants near the FF are busier this year, and I've found it more difficult to get a table anywhere for some food.  If they had specials like this, it would make more sense to just go in early and grab something to eat in the arena.  The FF has more table and counter areas than the BC, so they could make some extra cash by having pre-game specials like that more often.

One thing those NY fellas didn't gauge properly was the price sensitivity of Milwaukeans when it comes to food, beer, and parking.  This ain't Manhattan.
Have some patience, FFS.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
One thing those NY fellas didn't gauge properly was the price sensitivity of Milwaukeans when it comes to food, beer, and parking.  This ain't Manhattan.

Amen.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Where are the ads for the pre game discounts on food and bev.  Not seeing that one?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 08:43:40 AM »
Make sure you are in your seats for opening tip #mubb fans! You don’t want to miss any of our @DwyaneWade Day special features!MarquetteMBB added,
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 09:40:55 AM »
So glad Wade chose MU and MU went after him.  Stars aligned.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 09:49:14 AM »
All about the television.

Actually combo of TV plus the Bucks now controlling all dates.   Instead of making the open Saturday available to MU like the Bradley Center would have done, the Bucks went out and booked 3 Monster Truck shows.  Marquette was left with Sunday.  Not ideal. 

Should be interesting to see how the Forum gets cleaned up for an 11am tip following an evening Monster Truck show. 

That on campus arena looks nicer and nicer. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2019, 10:07:07 AM »
They BLOODY well better show up or we'll be SCREWED.
Also, BEER.

My son has been in line down there since 8:30am, said the students are ready to go
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2019, 10:22:52 AM »
My son has been in line down there since 8:30am, said the students are ready to go

The jesuits always taught me to get a second source. 

WarriorDad - your kid report the students are ready to go too??

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »

Lol.  Funny.  Wrong, but funny. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 12:07:04 PM »
Job well done, MU. Nice tribute for the greatest player to ever a MU uniform. DWade provided a ton of wonderful memories for young and old Warrior fans.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »

She did not go, she is with us this weekend because the students have the day off tomorrow.  She came home Friday night, back to school tomorrow afternoon.

On TV, the presentation looked ok, but wished it was a better.  Awkward at times. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »
I loved seeing a player old enough to know he doesn’t have to play it cool and look disinterested when he’s the guest of honor.  All through the second half, DW was getting out of his seat, fired up for his team. Loved it. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »
Actually combo of TV plus the Bucks now controlling all dates.   Instead of making the open Saturday available to MU like the Bradley Center would have done, the Bucks went out and booked 3 Monster Truck shows.  Marquette was left with Sunday.  Not ideal. 

Should be interesting to see how the Forum gets cleaned up for an 11am tip following an evening Monster Truck show. 

That on campus arena looks nicer and nicer.
Monster Truck for years at the Bradley Center was a Friday/Saturday  weekend in the third weekend in January.  So, this is nothing new. Also, the Bucks controlled their dates at the Bradley Center.
-Bill Walton

feedback