[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jayme Close found alive  (Read 11213 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Jayme Close found alive
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:14:44 PM »
In Douglas Co, WI.  Suspect in custody.   Missing since October.   Amazing, hope she is ok.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Jayme Close found alive
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:22 PM »
Not going to state what I’ve long thought to be the backstory on this one, but am curious as to what others think happened.

Pretty crazy. Hope a lot of info comes out by tmrw morning
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »
Not going to state what I’ve long thought to be the backstory on this one, but am curious as to what others think happened.

Well Steven Avery is in jail so not that
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »

I have a suspicion, from things Ive read, that her parents were involved in some form of trafficking, narcotics or human, and double crossed people more powerful than themselves.  Shocking that she is alive and seemingly unharmed, unexpected silver lining.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »
I have a suspicion, from things Ive read, that her parents were involved in some form of trafficking, narcotics or human, and double crossed people more powerful than themselves.  Shocking that she is alive and seemingly unharmed, unexpected silver lining.

They said this morning that suspect had this plan all along. To kill the parents and kidnap her. The questions are how he became aware of her AND if she was in any way complicit.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:42 AM »
They said this morning that suspect had this plan all along. To kill the parents and kidnap her. The questions are how he became aware of her AND if she was in any way complicit.

Why would this be important to you?  She is a child.  Would it make her any less of a victim?
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:20 AM »
Why would this be important to you?  She is a child.  Would it make her any less of a victim?

Of course not. How did I imply that? It's more of a curiosity as to how this entire episode played out more than anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mudeltaforcegurl

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »
The kidnapper may have tried to form a connection with her over the internet to gain her trust. Then killed her parents, kidnapped her and locked her up, similar to other horrific cases of kidnapping and rape that we have heard about in the news media; where the victim has been held captive for years. Thankfully Jayme was able to escape. It’s very very scary that people exist in this world who have no moral compass, or feelings for others that they will do anything to serve their own needs and desires. I don’t know how these disgusting people can even close their eyes and go to sleep at night, let alone live with themselves all day.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Of course not. How did I imply that? It's more of a curiosity as to how this entire episode played out more than anything.

It's just not a scenario I would have lept to.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »
I listened to the press conference .. all these law enforcement guys tripping over themselves to thank themselves.   Sure, they put in a lot of time, as is their job, and I respect that greatly.  But in the end, all that work and effort -- they never found her. 

She's only safe because she got a chance to walk away and find a citizen to call 911, not due to some sharp police work or rescue.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
How do they still not know who made the initial 911 call?  Wouldn't that be one of the first things they would try to figure out 3 months ago?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
There's so much about the story that we don't know.  I'll say a couple things.  One, speculation at this juncture isn't useful. Two, the public awareness via news, social media, billboards, etc. aided in her safe recovery as she was immediately recognized and whisked to safety.  Three, she's one tough as nails young lady and I sincerely hope that she can get the help she'll certainly need for a very long time to try to recover as best as she can and lead a happy, productive life.  I understand that Elizabeth Smart has already reached out via proper channels.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »
It's just not a scenario I would have lept to.

I'm not really leaping to anything. Slate is calling it an "alleged abduction." Other sources are calling it a "disappearance." They are acknowledging that it is unknown at this time if she was abducted or if she went willingly. That's not speculation. It is the opposite of speculation.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 11:56:53 AM »

Any links you can provide?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
There's so much about the story that we don't know.  I'll say a couple things.  One, speculation at this juncture isn't useful.

Three, she's one tough as nails young lady

Seems like 1 & 3 are at odds with each other
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
Any links you can provide?

I'll have to check, I remember seeing them around the original crime date.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
Seems like 1 & 3 are at odds with each other

Actually so is #2. Trauma isn't something that just happens to anyone. We can't say for sure she will experience lots of it, just as we can't say she wont be emotionally crippled forever.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »
Where this young woman was found is a pretty remote part of the world. Just not much out there, save for toilet paper farms. A substantial part of that section of Douglas County has been mowed over and replanted.

At some point, the Douglas County Sheriff had to find the perpitrator. Give 'em credit, they brought him in alive and will allow for him to face justice for the crime.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:02:10 AM by dgies9156 »

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 08:21:11 PM »
I listened to the press conference .. all these law enforcement guys tripping over themselves to thank themselves.   Sure, they put in a lot of time, as is their job, and I respect that greatly.  But in the end, all that work and effort -- they never found her.

It's always like this. Wetterling case comes to mind. In The Dark is one hell of a podcast.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
It's always like this. Wetterling case comes to mind. In The Dark is one hell of a podcast.

Exactly what came to my mind. Incredible podcast.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 08:43:18 PM »

She's only safe because she got a chance to walk away and find a citizen to call 911, not due to some sharp police work or rescue.

You are waaaaay out of bounds on this.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 09:34:44 PM »
The kidnapper may have tried to form a connection with her over the internet to gain her trust. Then killed her parents, kidnapped her and locked her up, similar to other horrific cases of kidnapping and rape that we have heard about in the news media; where the victim has been held captive for years. Thankfully Jayme was able to escape. It’s very very scary that people exist in this world who have no moral compass, or feelings for others that they will do anything to serve their own needs and desires. I don’t know how these disgusting people can even close their eyes and go to sleep at night, let alone live with themselves all day.

So long as were speculating, I’m in the boat on the theory that these two knew each other well before this went down, but the murder was not premeditated.  Too much of a struggle.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
So long as were speculating, I’m in the boat on the theory that these two knew each other well before this went down, but the murder was not premeditated.  Too much of a struggle.

Scoop doing what Scoop does best.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:23 PM »
You are waaaaay out of bounds on this.

How so?   Sure seems like the police never had the kidnapper as a suspect, didn't find her, and she escaped on her own. 

Again, I greatly respect the jobs LEOs do, but I don't see a lot of success here.   I'll be happy to read that the kidnapper made mistakes due to the police closing in on him, but so far that's not known.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 12:47:24 AM »

It would if she pulled the trigger.   Not saying she did, but that would make her less a victim.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.