Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Gard  (Read 15638 times)

MomofMUltiples

• All American
Fire Gard
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:24 PM »
Wisconsin only scored 18 points in its first half against #5 Virginia. Clearly this program is trash and garbage and will never be good again so WI should just fire Gard now and let the players coach themselves for the rest of the season.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
Re: Fire Gard
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Wisconsin only scored 18 points in its first half against #5 Virginia. Clearly this program is trash and garbage and will never be good again so WI should just fire Gard now and let the players coach themselves for the rest of the season.

Aargh stop embarrassing me mom!!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
They dont even belong on the same court.

Even if they come back and win, 20 bad minutes proves that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
Aargh stop embarrassing me mom!!

She's a mom. It's her job to embarrass you.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
But don’t you know? Gard is kicking Wojo’s ass. I mean the guy has been to 2 S16s!

And all the chicken littles will see that UVA won by 6 and say UW looks amazing to stay in the game all game long, when in reality anybody with a bit of basketball knowledge understands UVA’s 6 point lead is like a 20 point Kansas/Duke lead.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
Gard is a fantastic coach.  Wisconsin defense is always one of the top in the country.   I would love to see what Gard would do with our team.

Oh I'm not watching the game.  Did wisconsin not score in 10 minutes?  Did Virginia go on a 22-0 run?  Did they get blown out from the start against an inexperienced team with injury issues that wasn't ranked?

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »

Snooze.  Wake me up when Wojo coaches a team to a Sweet 16, much less a National Title. 

Until then, please stop suggesting Wojo is anywhere near the caliber of Jay Wright, Buzz Williams, or hell even Greg Gard - it's an insult to all with a shred of objectivity.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 02:27:03 PM »

Snooze.  Wake me up when Wojo coaches a team to a Sweet 16, much less a National Title. 

Until then, please stop suggesting Wojo is anywhere near the caliber of Jay Wright, Buzz Williams, or hell even Greg Gard - it's an insult to all with a shred of objectivity.

Let me know when Greg Gard isn’t handed over Nigel Hayes and Bronson Koenig. I know I know. It’s no Magic Johnson like Wojo had. But anyone claiming Gard is to thank for Wisconsin’s S16s doesn’t have a shred of objectivity.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 02:32:26 PM »
Strawman
No Finish Line

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »
What was Brad Davison doing deflecting that pass with two seconds to go?  Fake hustle, indeed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »
Losing to a top 5 team on a neutral court is unacceptable.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Losing to a top 5 team on a neutral court is unacceptable.

Especially one that lost to a 16 seed in the NCAA tournament.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »
Gonna be interesting to see what happens without Happ.  Everything they do revolves around him. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 03:50:21 PM »

And all the chicken littles will see that UVA won by 6 and say UW looks amazing to stay in the game all game long, when in reality anybody with a bit of basketball knowledge understands UVA’s 6 point lead is like a 20 point Kansas/Duke lead.

Anybody with a bit of basketball knowledge understands that a UVA 6 point lead = a Kansas or Duke 20 point lead? Really? I think that's insane. Willing to bet that in the last 10 or 5 years UVA has blown more 6 point leads than KU or Duke have blown 20 point leads. Yes, UVA plays slower - but why do you insist on saying stupid things?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »
Anybody with a bit of basketball knowledge understands that a UVA 6 point lead = a Kansas or Duke 20 point lead? Really? I think that's insane. Willing to bet that in the last 10 or 5 years UVA has blown more 6 point leads than KU or Duke have blown 20 point leads. Yes, UVA plays slower - but why do you insist on saying stupid things?

Do some research and let me know.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »

I'll try to over the weekend.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »
Strawman

Yup.

The kool-aid seems to affect reading comprehension.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
I'll try to over the weekend.

Sounds good.

Either way. MU up 12 at 1 point on the number 2 team in the country on a neutral court and loses by 9, largest deficit at 12 = were never in the game and don’t belong in the same gym.

UW trails the entire game on a neutral court to the number 5 team in the country, down by 15 at half, lose by 7 to a team that rarely ever blows anyone out = Greg Gard has his boys looking great and is kicking Wojo’s ass as a coach.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Has it gotten so bad that we are comparing the badgers version of hank raymonds to our current coach? ...lol

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
Has it gotten so bad that we are comparing the badgers version of hank raymonds to our current coach? ...lol

It’s gotten to the point of maybe relaxing on writing off a season based on 2 of the first 5 games of the year. Basketball teams are inconsistent in November.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 05:28:47 PM »

UVA won by 7
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »
But don’t you know? Gard is kicking Wojo’s ass. I mean the guy has been to 2 S16s!

This isn't even close to being correct

Using KenPom 2019 Numbers:

Possessions/10 min against UVA: 15.8
Possessions/10 min against Duke: 18.2

Points/Pos against UVA (def eff.): .872
Points/Pos against Duke (def eff): .909

10 Min point expectation vs UVA: 13.7
10 min point expectation vs Duke: 16.5

With 10 minutes to go a 6 point UVA lead is like 8.8 point Duke lead.

Duke's worst defense since 2010 gave up ~ 1.0 points/possession. Even against that Duke team a 6 point lead with 10 to go is only a 10.4 point Duke lead.

With 5 minutes to go this falls to 6:7.4 and 6:8.2

It's no where close to 20 points.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 08:47:04 PM »
Gard is a fantastic coach.  Wisconsin defense is always one of the top in the country.   I would love to see what Gard would do with our team.

Oh I'm not watching the game.  Did wisconsin not score in 10 minutes?  Did Virginia go on a 22-0 run?  Did they get blown out from the start against an inexperienced team with injury issues that wasn't ranked?
Not true
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »

The more you post the more you get exposed
Goal is National Championship

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »
Not true

If you would take off your blue and gold glasses or get over your hatred for anything badgers, you would realize that he is a very good coach.  His ability to get his teams to defend year in and year out at a high level without fouling is top notch.  Good thing he can't recruit worth a lick.