[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Music Thread  (Read 36360 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Music Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2021, 12:14:18 AM »
Greta Van Fleet has a new album coming out in April.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2021, 05:02:54 AM »
Greta Van Fleet has a new album coming out in April.

Are they like the only new-ish band that still plays rock?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2021, 06:56:06 AM »
Are they like the only new-ish band that still plays rock?

No, there are plenty.  GVF just pretends to be Zepplin.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2021, 09:13:43 AM »
Another favorite of mine from the new bands is Wolf Alice out of the UK.  Phenomenal.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
Another favorite of mine from the new bands is Wolf Alice out of the UK.  Phenomenal.

seconded

nyg

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2021, 01:45:23 PM »
Evanescense with their first new original studio album in like 10 years dropped today.

As always, angel voice Amy still has it, Will Hunt's drums unreal and of course as in past EV's albums, the engineering is above outstanding. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2021, 01:52:35 PM »
Evanescense with their first new original studio album in like 10 years dropped today.

As always, angel voice Amy still has it, Will Hunt's drums unreal and of course as in past EV's albums, the engineering is above outstanding.

I'm sure the CEO of hot topic is thrilled they can market to a whole new generation of suburban goth preteen girls trying to rebel.
Maigh Eo for Sam

nyg

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2021, 02:04:59 PM »
I'm sure the CEO of hot topic is thrilled they can market to a whole new generation of suburban goth preteen girls trying to rebel.

Great thing about music, to each his own.  EV is a fantastic studio album band. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2021, 03:39:00 PM »
Great thing about music, to each his own.  EV is a fantastic studio album band.

100% I was just being facetious because when I was in Jr High it seemed every girl that had a "rebellious streak" had a hot topic evanescence or paramore tshirt.

Agree she has an unreal voice
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2021, 01:29:41 AM »
Rise Against released their first new song in a while. I think the pandemic was good for Tim's voice. Sounds a lot better than he did on the last album. New album coming out in June.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »
Rise Against released their first new song in a while. I think the pandemic was good for Tim's voice. Sounds a lot better than he did on the last album. New album coming out in June.

Ha, I just recommended this to my friend the other day.  Also had no idea Tim was only 41.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »
Just wondering what people are listening to.

For me it's Lord Huron (my wife can't understand how I love Huron, but don't care for Fleet Foxes).

Also really getting into Birds of Chicago, Mandolin Orange, Jamestown Revival. Loving forward to Black Pumas at Summerfest.

My home listening tastes are much more mellow at home than when we go out for live music.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »

Whatever the 14 year old is obsessing on.    Just went through a Midnight Oil Phase.   Now into Great Big Sea.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »
Whatever the 14 year old is obsessing on.    Just went through a Midnight Oil Phase.   Now into Great Big Sea.     

Both great choices.

Love Great Big Sea.  My Canadian friends got me into them at the turn of the millennium.
One of the many times I saw them live was on Canada Day in Central Park with The Tragically Hip.  Canadian Consulate sponsored the show for the expats living in NYC.

Saw Midnight Oil in the late 80s on 90+ degree day in I just remember seeing the sweat drip down the lead singer's bald head

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2021, 03:09:45 PM »

For me it's Lord Huron (my wife can't understand how I love Huron, but don't care for Fleet Foxes).

Also really getting into Birds of Chicago, Mandolin Orange, Jamestown Revival. Loving forward to Black Pumas at Summerfest.

Black Pumas was an interesting change up diversion from a list of respected folk acts. Folks not my genre but I love Black Pumas.  I saw Grupo Fantesma live in Austin a few years ago and that was incredible

My listening tastes have been all over the place, per usual.  Been listening to Glass Animals a lot. Gareth Emery is one of my all time favorite DJ/producers and he’s been predictably prolific the last year or so which has been great Illenium has some great new music as well.

Travis Barker has one of the most insane work ethics ive ever seen, dude is constantly involved in so much.  He’s been producing a lot recently, some amazing throwback sounding pop punk, can’t wait to see who he continues to work with.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2021, 04:34:32 PM »

My home listening tastes are much more mellow at home than when we go out for live music.

I love lord Huron. Everything from their folky stuff to Ancient Names 1 & 2 is fantastic.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »

Black Pumas at The Pabst was my last concert pre-covid. Probably will make it my first post-covid concert as well.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »
Black Pumas at The Pabst was my last concert pre-covid. Probably will make it my first post-covid concert as well.

After Sly, I really didn't listen to much soul for decades. Starting to get back into it now. I missed a lot of good stuff.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
Went to give St. Vincent's 'Daddy's Home' a run through and realized I'd never listened to Fountaines D.C.'s 'A Hero's Death' - I'm an old guy so forgive me for being 9 months late to this. If the first two songs weren't on the album (or maybe put at the end) it would be a fantastic album. Surprisingly layered background/instruments, another great example of "you don't have to be a great singer to be a good frontman", and his lyrics are solidly poetic. Strong recommend if you are a punk/post-punk person.

St' Vincent gets a spin tomorrow.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2021, 06:58:27 AM »
Went to give St. Vincent's 'Daddy's Home' a run through and realized I'd never listened to Fountaines D.C.'s 'A Hero's Death' - I'm an old guy so forgive me for being 9 months late to this. If the first two songs weren't on the album (or maybe put at the end) it would be a fantastic album. Surprisingly layered background/instruments, another great example of "you don't have to be a great singer to be a good frontman", and his lyrics are solidly poetic. Strong recommend if you are a punk/post-punk person.

She's a genius, btw.  Can absolutely shred on the guitar.  Close friends with David Byrne.

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2021, 10:19:49 AM »

Great album, their first (Dogrel) is also really good. A little more punkish than A Hero's Death.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »

They have exceptional taste in Gaelic Football teams.

The music's good to.
Maigh Eo for Sam

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2021, 11:16:54 AM »

You're in for a treat with Daddy's Home. It's a departure from something you would more typically expect from St. Vincent but very much a welcome one for me.

For some reason I clicked over to Pitchfork the other day to see what they thought about the album and then I quickly remembered why Pitchfork is garbage.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »
You're in for a treat with Daddy's Home. It's a departure from something you would more typically expect from St. Vincent but very much a welcome one for me.

For some reason I clicked over to Pitchfork the other day to see what they thought about the album and then I quickly remembered why Pitchfork is garbage.

Oh, do they still hate everything when it's released, and then warm to it over a few years?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2021, 11:29:09 AM »
While we're on Fontaines D.C. there's a new post punk band out of Galway I saw when I was living there called The Clockworks.

Similar sound, great energy, class individuals. unfortunately their new record label made them remove their independent stuff from Spotify so there's only 6 songs now. Give them a listen.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback