[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Eclipse  (Read 748 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Eclipse
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2024, 07:29:32 PM »
I will be in either 🇮🇸 or 🇬🇱 on 8/2/27.  Assuming I'm alive. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2024, 08:07:25 PM »
I am busy doomsday prepping for the coming zombie apocalypse.

Wearing a mask for protection.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2024, 08:37:26 PM »
I saw the one in 2017 in Hermann, Missouri, and today we were in Nashville, Il north of Carbondale. About three minutes totality. You cannot compare partial and total. It was awesome, the temperature started going down, it started getting darker right before totality. As soon as the sun emerged again, it was bright out, it’s amazing what just a little bit of sunlight does. We were in a park, people were cheering and clapping, lots of OMG’s. We could clearly see Venus to the right of the sun.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2024, 08:59:02 PM »
We had 3+ minutes of clear-skied totality here. Very cool. Seeing the partial obstruction through the glasses is neat, but the totality was much, much cooler.

I was really surprised how "normal" everything looked outside even when just a sliver of the sun was apparent through the glasses. That big ball of fire is pretty impressive how it can illuminate things with even a sliver. Once totality ended -- with the sun almost appearing to burst through the lower left edge of the moon -- it was almost immediately imperceptible without the glasses.

I think that this graph pretty well sums it up:

This cartoon is a good description.

10 seconds prior to total eclipse, I thought it was neat, but no big deal.

When the full eclipse it, it was awesome

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2024, 05:39:50 AM »
Any reports of demons through the CERN created portal?   Zombie apocalypse?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2024, 08:39:11 AM »
You cannot compare partial and total. It was awesome, the temperature started going down, it started getting darker right before totality. As soon as the sun emerged again, it was bright out, it’s amazing what just a little bit of sunlight does.

It was cool how our eyes adjust to darkness. When it was 99% covered before totality it was quite noticeably darker outside -- like late dusk. Then, it was dark for several minutes and my eyes adjusted to the darkness. Then the instant the sun peaked out the other side (i.e., 99% the other side) it seemed fully bright. I suspect it was probably the same level of light as just before totality, but since my eyes had adjusted it seemed completely light. 

10 seconds prior to total eclipse, I thought it was neat, but no big deal. When the full eclipse it, it was awesome

I agree completely. My youngest attends a school that was at 99.82%. Some of her friends thought, "we're close enough...it's almost 100% so we're going to stay on campus." She and a couple other friends decided to drive about 45 minutes to a spot where they had totality for about three minutes. Friends who stayed on campus were underwhelmed. My daughter -- who is prone to hyperbole like many her age -- thought it was the coolest thing she's ever seen.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2024, 09:12:11 AM »
Anyone get raptured?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2024, 09:32:41 AM »
Any reports of demons through the CERN created portal?   Zombie apocalypse?

Lots of portal activity but Marquette was introduced to darkness once again.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2024, 09:45:10 AM »

feedback