collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PTSD  (Read 12703 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: PTSD
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
Yes, the tribes have retreated and are making ad hominem attacks.  Insulting  PTSD or using it as an insult is wrong.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »
Not that myth again:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opinion/myth-spitting-vietnam-protester.html

So I guess the fact that military personnel were barred from wearing uniforms of base in Boston during the Vietnam era due to a rash of civilian beatings of military personnel in uniform doesn't count because it wasn't spitting?

Side note, my dad came back state side from a posting in the Philippines in 1972 and he and his flight crew were absolutely accosted by protesters calling names and shoving....but they didn't spit so that's cool.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 02:45:08 PM »
MU03ENG

No chance on having reasonable discussion with Billy. Sorry to hear what your Dad had to encounter upon his return home.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
Warriorchick

Funny that you would single someone out over self-importance. There may be some on here that feel you fall into that camp.

When chick comes on Scoop for the singular purpose of pompously informing the community how fantastic she is, how awesomely successful she is, how ultra-important she is to all of Western society, and oh-by-the-way first responders are pathetic losers, then you'll have a point.  Until then...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 03:23:45 PM »
We don't know that he does suffer from PTSD.

Crash has shared that he was injured in combat.  I don't know if that includes PTSD, I'm not going to speak for him on that, but I am going to cut some slack for a Purple Heart vet. 

For the record, I've never met Crash, I don't know who he is in real life and have only exchanged a few notes with him via PMs on this website.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 03:26:48 PM »
When chick comes on Scoop for the singular purpose of pompously informing the community how fantastic she is, how awesomely successful she is, how ultra-important she is to all of Western society, and oh-by-the-way first responders are pathetic losers, then you'll have a point.  Until then...

Well there was that time that she "plagiarized a Holocaust denier to argue the merits of the Confederacy."   Or wait, maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »

Wait a minute.  I hear that most every night.   :o

Kidding, kidding.  Having some fun.  (Crap. Banished to the couch tonight!)  ;D

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 04:01:45 PM »
In before the lock....

I actually am "enjoying" this thread.  We all have much more in common than our petty internet fights might suggest.  I've had the pleasure to meet a number of you, and I find the b1tch slapping going on at times here to ring untrue to my in-person experiences. 

Breathe in, breathe out...

That JB dude reminds me of the shady guy who moved into our neighborhood a few years ago.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:03:42 PM by real chili 83 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
Wait a minute.  I hear that most every night.   :o

Kidding, kidding.  Having some fun.  (Crap. Banished to the couch tonight!)  ;D

Well, to be fair, I am the reason our kids are good-looking.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »

That IS true.   :-*

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 04:42:47 PM »

For the record, I've never met Crash, I don't know who he is in real life and have only exchanged a few notes with him via PMs on this website.

For the record, I have met Crash. He was very nice to me and we had a good long conversation about Marquette and plenty of other stuff.

As always, we tend to judge people on how they interact with us ... which is pretty normal.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »

pics?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Crash has shared that he was injured in combat.  I don't know if that includes PTSD, I'm not going to speak for him on that, but I am going to cut some slack for a Purple Heart vet. 

If he does have PTSD - I pray he gets any help he needs. I had figured he had some bi-polar or similar disorder as he could be very interesting and conversational at times. At other times, he simply came on to brag about himself.

I've had a lot of good conversations with him here on SCOOP. There is no doubt that many of his posts are simple copy/paste jobs and I wish he would give attribution, but they obviously reflect how he feels so I just let it go.

Overall, an interesting guy with a few issues - just like a lot of us here. I certainly wouldn't mind meeting and talking to him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 06:27:31 PM »
Neva met da cat, butt guaranteed eye like 'im and have admiration, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
Neva met da cat, butt guaranteed eye like 'im and have admiration, hey?

nh?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
Keefe duzant kneed me, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
Keefe duzant kneed me, hey?

The baby David might tho. #muhneyyTeam

See you at the Bethune Cookman game, maine?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »

If he does have PTSD - I pray he gets any help he needs. I had figured he had some bi-polar or similar disorder as he could be very interesting and conversational at times. At other times, he simply came on to brag about himself.

I've had a lot of good conversations with him here on SCOOP. There is no doubt that many of his posts are simple copy/paste jobs and I wish he would give attribution, but they obviously reflect how he feels so I just let it go.

Overall, an interesting guy with a few issues - just like a lot of us here. I certainly wouldn't mind meeting and talking to him.

i've got to give credit where credit is due-it's easy for us to give kudos to the posters here we "see eye to eye with" , but this was a very cool post brandy! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
I kan sub four keefe if he can't make it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
ya know what they say when you've walked the walk...it ain't braggin
don't...don't don't don't don't

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 08:46:10 PM »
nh?
Such a scared and weak person.  Even given the subject matter, and opportunity, to take a humane position you can't do it.  You have to go for hatred?

On subject.......The advancements around mental health and how it is applies to those that choose to serve the country is spectacular.  I'm not knowledgeable as to how it is applied to military training and those deployed but i assume it is. 

If you work in an urban environment you see homeless vets that are suffering from PTSD every day - find a local non-profit that helps them and support that NP (if you are in KC and need contacts on this, hit me up)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:53:34 PM by naginiF »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 09:00:42 PM »
Such a scared and weak person.  Even given the subject matter, and opportunity, to take a humane position you can't do it.  You have to go for hatred?

On subject.......The advancements around mental health and how it is applies to those that choose to serve the country is spectacular.  I'm not knowledgeable as to how it is applied to military training and those deployed but i assume it is. 

If you work in an urban environment you see homeless vets that are suffering from PTSD every day - find a local non-profit that helps them and support that NP (if you are in KC and need contacts on this, hit me up)

S*** me. There's no hatred. I was born and raised in the inner city, stop pretending you know me. I'll be at the game on 11/10 if you want to meet up, or happy to fly to KC for a nice meal, football game and discussion. LMK

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »
S*** me. There's no hatred. I was born and raised in the inner city, stop pretending you know me. I'll be at the game on 11/10 if you want to meet up, or happy to fly to KC for a nice meal, football game and discussion. LMK
Homophobia and misogyny are both forms of hatred.

PM for the rest

feedback