[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 222370 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1725 on: September 30, 2020, 10:11:12 PM »
The refs aren’t really the problem here.

I mean, the Lakers are playing at their peak and the Heat’s role players have been bad, but there were swings when I posted. The 3rd was just an implosion by the Heat

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1726 on: September 30, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »
The refs aren’t really the problem here.

You are right; the Heat have no one to blame but themselves for losing. Still, that is no excuse for bad officiating.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1727 on: October 01, 2020, 08:17:19 AM »
LOL.  Yeah.  The Lakers are going to win because of "the narrative."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1728 on: October 01, 2020, 08:33:20 AM »
The Lakers are going to win because LbJ is the best player of his generation.    The Heat have had a nice run.    They are not going to beat the Lakers 4 out of 6 with their current health.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1729 on: October 01, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
The Lakers are going to win because LbJ is the best player of his generation.    The Heat have had a nice run.    They are not going to beat the Lakers 4 out of 6 with their current health.   

And is the second best player on his current team.  The Heat have been depth players, but when you have the 2 best players in the series, its tough to lose.

And I never said the Lakers would win BECAUSE of the narrative.  But if you think the Heat are going to get a single favorable whistle comparatively, you just don't watch the NBA.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1730 on: October 01, 2020, 06:02:11 PM »
And is the second best player on his current team.  The Heat have been depth players, but when you have the 2 best players in the series, its tough to lose.

And I never said the Lakers would win BECAUSE of the narrative.  But if you think the Heat are going to get a single favorable whistle comparatively, you just don't watch the NBA.

Uh no.  Lebron is the best player on his team.  He was 2nd in MVP balloting.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1731 on: October 02, 2020, 11:55:25 PM »
Uh no.  Lebron is the best player on his team.  He was 2nd in MVP balloting.

I don’t care what balloting says. Have you been watching the series or the playoffs? AD is unreal.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1732 on: October 03, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
Adam Silver says NBA's 2021 season unlikely to stop for Tokyo Olympics

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30026563/adam-silver-says-nba-2021-season-unlikely-stop-tokyo-olympics

Certainly would give the Olympic tournament a dramatically different feel.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1733 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:44 AM »
It's been like watching men vs. boys, especially last night with Bam and Dragic out.

Great run for the Heat, but it will be a supreme challenge for them to not get swept.

LeBron is obviously the straw that stirs the drink, the guy who makes the Lakers go. And he was the best player on the court in the first 3 rounds. But if AD continues at this pace, he will be a slam-dunk Finals MVP.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1734 on: October 03, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »
I don’t care what balloting says. Have you been watching the series or the playoffs? AD is unreal.

That doesn't really change the fact that LeBron is the best player on the team.

If you'd like to change your premise to AD being the best player on the team in the playoffs.  Okay, I can get on board.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1735 on: October 04, 2020, 09:09:41 PM »
JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: October 04, 2020, 09:30:22 PM »
JFB. Wow. Just wow.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1737 on: October 04, 2020, 10:07:50 PM »
JFB. Wow. Just wow.

Reminiscent of another former MU star who took over a finals game for the Heat a few years back. Unstoppable!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1738 on: October 05, 2020, 07:27:38 AM »
JFB. Wow. Just wow.

Erk Spoelstra:  "How else do you say it other than Jimmy F'ing Butler?"

Heard it here first!
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1739 on: October 05, 2020, 08:23:43 AM »
Erk Spoelstra:  "How else do you say it other than Jimmy F'ing Butler?"

Heard it here first!

Love this! JFB, baby!!!

ALSO ... might want to wait until the Finals actually are over before AD is declared the greatest player ever to walk the earth. (That's intentional hyperbole, folks.)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1740 on: October 07, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
Nigel Hayes (former UW-Madison player) on Tyler Herro: "This is going to make some people mad. I was one of the ones who advised him not to go to Wisconsin with the talent he has."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30005821/nba-finals-no-rookie-more-confident-miami-heat-tyler-herro
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:58:17 PM by Skatastrophy »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1741 on: October 07, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »
Nigel Hayes (former UW-Madison player) on Tyler Herro: "This is going to make some people mad. I was one of the ones who advised him not to go to Wisconsin with the talent he has."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30005821/nba-finals-no-rookie-more-confident-miami-heat-tyler-herro

Yeah it was him and Dekker.

Then you had guys like Zak Showalter calling out Kobe King on Twitter when King decided to transfer, and Herro went to Twitter to tell Showalter he'd still be in college if he hadn't decommitted from UW.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 03:06:17 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1742 on: October 07, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »
Yeah it was him and Dekker.

Then you had guys like Zak Showalter calling out Kobe King on Twitter when King decided to transfer, and Herro went to Twitter to tell Showalter he'd still be in college if he hadn't decommitted from UW.

Decker told Hero not to go to UW? That's wild considering the success he had there. I know he was higher rated and likely dropped but still.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1743 on: October 07, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »
Decker told Hero not to go to UW? That's wild considering the success he had there. I know he was higher rated and likely dropped but still.

I don't think either Dekker or Hayes straight up told Herro not to go to UW, but from what I have heard they told him that if his ultimate goal was to play professionally, and as soon as possible, that the UW system isn't necessarily the best for making that happen.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1744 on: October 07, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »

Wisconsin doesn’t develop guys into NBA players.  Nigel Hayes had his name pop up in some mock drafts following his sophomore year, including some having him late first round.  He elected to come back to “develop”.  It didn’t happen as far as the NBA is concerned.

Greg Gard and his staff aren’t interested in getting kids into the NBA.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1745 on: October 07, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »
Wisconsin doesn’t develop guys into NBA players.  Nigel Hayes had his name pop up in some mock drafts following his sophomore year, including some having him late first round.  He elected to come back to “develop”.  It didn’t happen as far as the NBA is concerned.

Greg Gard and his staff aren’t interested in getting kids into the NBA.

Yep compared to Wojo and his one player. Two if you generously count Juan.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1746 on: October 07, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »

I’m not comparing the two at all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1747 on: October 07, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »
I don't think either Dekker or Hayes straight up told Herro not to go to UW, but from what I have heard they told him that if his ultimate goal was to play professionally, and as soon as possible, that the UW system isn't necessarily the best for making that happen.

He will get hate for it, but they are completely right.  Badger fans love to point to Kaminsky and Dekker, but completely miss the point.  The Badgers havent had a highly rated recruit come in and leave for the NBA in under 3 years under the Bo/Gard reign...ever.

Greg Steisma, top 35 recruit.  Stayed 4 years, undrafted.
Brian Butch, top 10 McD AA.  F-ing redshirted, stayed 5 years, undrafted.
Sam Dekker, top 15-20 recruit, stayed 3 years.
Devin Harris, highly rated recruit, but again, stayed 3 years.

Its a great system for under the radar or late blooming guys like Kaminsky, Alando Tucker, or Jon Leuer, but if you're trying to come in and ball out right away and bounce in a year or two, its the worst place for that.

Wojo brought in a one and done and let him go to work and he ended up being a top 20 pick.  With the incompleteness of his game, he wouldn't have been the go-to guy in Madison for a year or two, no chance he's getting drafted right away.

Wojo has had 3 top 40 level guys (before Dawson).  One was a top 20 pick and the other was a first team AA and set a pile of records.  The other was Joey and thats an incomplete.  I'm not a Wojo fan, but he's still gonna be a better spot for you to get to the league, or put yourself in that position quickly, than Gard or his mentor.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1748 on: October 07, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »
He will get hate for it, but they are completely right.  Badger fans love to point to Kaminsky and Dekker, but completely miss the point.  The Badgers havent had a highly rated recruit come in and leave for the NBA in under 3 years under the Bo/Gard reign...ever.

Greg Steisma, top 35 recruit.  Stayed 4 years, undrafted.
Brian Butch, top 10 McD AA.  F-ing redshirted, stayed 5 years, undrafted.
Sam Dekker, top 15-20 recruit, stayed 3 years.
Devin Harris, highly rated recruit, but again, stayed 3 years.

Its a great system for under the radar or late blooming guys like Kaminsky, Alando Tucker, or Jon Leuer, but if you're trying to come in and ball out right away and bounce in a year or two, its the worst place for that.

Wojo brought in a one and done and let him go to work and he ended up being a top 20 pick.  With the incompleteness of his game, he wouldn't have been the go-to guy in Madison for a year or two, no chance he's getting drafted right away.

Wojo has had 3 top 40 level guys (before Dawson).  One was a top 20 pick and the other was a first team AA and set a pile of records.  The other was Joey and thats an incomplete.  I'm not a Wojo fan, but he's still gonna be a better spot for you to get to the league, or put yourself in that position quickly, than Gard or his mentor.

When Ethan Happ announced he was coming for his senior year, Jim Polzin said it was to help develop his game to improve his draft status.  I asked what the staff would do to help that.  Never got an answer but it didn’t need one. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1749 on: October 07, 2020, 06:25:01 PM »

Apparently Hayes and Dekker have something in common with Sam and Joey. All worked behind the scenes to make sure Herro left the state.

feedback