[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 222349 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1425 on: August 27, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
How is life back there in the 1950s?

It was great.  Women and minorities knew their places and we could beat kids with belts.  Could drink and smoke as much as we wanted to as well without being judged.  No shot clock in basketball, either.  The good ‘ol days I like to call them
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: August 27, 2020, 07:34:43 AM »
Next time one of these faux SJW’s falls into trouble with the law, which is inevitable, I hope public opinion is as swift, harsh, and lacking in consideration to judge their situation as they’ve shown in the Kenosha case before anywhere close to all the facts and sides are known.

When LeBron James is captured on video shooting an unarmed man seven times in the back, I'll be sure to demand his arrest.
(Though obviously I  won't need to,)

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: August 27, 2020, 07:44:13 AM »
Only in the fairy tale land of professional sports can you walk away from a contractual obligation with the comfort in knowing your millions will continue to roll in uninterrupted.  What a great deal- virtue signal to the world, sit on your ass, and rake in more millions.  Fabulous

Fascinating take given the WH occupant

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1428 on: August 27, 2020, 07:54:57 AM »
When LeBron James is captured on video shooting an unarmed man seven times in the back, I'll be sure to demand his arrest.
(Though obviously I  won't need to,)

Can't arrest a corpse, aina?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:26 AM »
Only in the fairy tale land of professional sports can you walk away from a contractual obligation with the comfort in knowing your millions will continue to roll in uninterrupted.  What a great deal- virtue signal to the world, sit on your ass, and rake in more millions.  Fabulous
Next time one of these faux SJW’s falls into trouble with the law, which is inevitable, I hope public opinion is as swift, harsh, and lacking in consideration to judge their situation as they’ve shown in the Kenosha case before anywhere close to all the facts and sides are known. 

If their sitting bothers you so much...don't watch.  If you don't care what they have to say...don't listen.

But your point of view is going to be judged harshly by history. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: August 27, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »
Doesn’t sound like things went great at this meeting tonight, majority not on the same page. They should have waited until tomorrow morning to discuss things, too much emotion now.

I agree with you.

Neither of us is Black, and neither of us is an NBA player, so we can only try to walk in another man's shoes and try our best to empathize with these fellow fathers, fellow brothers, fellow sons, fellow human beings.

But I just can't shake the feeling that athletes would be able to help their cause more by continuing to compete on the courts and fields, and using their tremendous platform before, during and after games.

I am not certain of that. I am not certain of much right now. As I sit here this minute, that's my opinion ... but current events, insights of others and further reflection on my part could make me change my opinion.

What I am certain of is this: When the knee-jerk reaction by some is to blast pro athletes for caring deeply and for trying to use their voices to make the world a better place for all of us, it's very sad.

Strange times. Sad times.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: August 27, 2020, 08:08:07 AM »
I'll say this one more time...

Where was all the outrage from people like LeBron when they were playing in China amid internment camps, racial genocide, and organ harvesting. Surely the systematic killing of an entire race is a big issue?

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: August 27, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »
I'll say this one more time...

Where was all the outrage from people like LeBron when they were playing in China amid internment camps, racial genocide, and organ harvesting. Surely the systematic killing of an entire race is a big issue?

Because if one doesn't protest every injustice, their voice should be discredited when they pick one injustice?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: August 27, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »
I agree with you.

Neither of us is Black, and neither of us is an NBA player, so we can only try to walk in another man's shoes and try our best to empathize with these fellow fathers, fellow brothers, fellow sons, fellow human beings.

But I just can't shake the feeling that athletes would be able to help their cause more by continuing to compete on the courts and fields, and using their tremendous platform before, during and after games.

Yeah that was brought up by Marcus Spears on ESPN this morning.  Paraphrasing...."if you are going to leave the bubble and go home to your families and just be mad sitting in your house, what good does that do?"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: August 27, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »

Because if one doesn't protest every injustice, their voice should be discredited when they pick one injustice?

You make it sound like the chinese genocide is like someone j walking....

My real point is, when China made it clear they would pull funding and the players would lose money, they really did "shut up and dribble"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1435 on: August 27, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »

My real point is, when China made it clear they would pull funding and the players would lose money, they really did "shut up and dribble"

This is getting derailed and far off, but we as a country (our administration) is on record saying they resisted punishing China over this issue for fear of jeopardizing trade talks....

So huh?

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »

I know what your point is and its silly.  Just a way to discredit what they are doing now. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: August 27, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »

I know what your point is and its silly.  Just a way to discredit what they are doing now.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of it people like LeBron. I don't give a single crap about the NBA. I never have. I just found it funny when there is money on the line this hero disappears.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1438 on: August 27, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »

And if we want to play that game, why does Ivanka still do business with the Chinese?  It’s irrelevant
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: August 27, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of it people like LeBron. I don't give a single crap about the NBA. I never have. I just found it funny when there is money on the line this hero disappears.

That's not hypocrisy.  It's inconsistency.  So I guess it's better for athletes to say nothing at all because if they don't support every outrage, they don't deserve support for any that they choose to support.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: August 27, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »

That's not hypocrisy.  It's inconsistency.  So I guess it's better for athletes to say nothing at all because if they don't support every outrage, they don't deserve support for any that they choose to support.

Every outrage? My man let's say there were 15 unarmed black people shot by police in the last month.

That number would take 100 years to even make a small dent in the amount of people dying at the camps in China in a week.

We know this is the worst genocide since the halocaust and the NBA and its players are perfectly okay with playing games in that country, as well as actively helping silence protests from it via fans.

And then you go and say they can't support every outrage. God damn...

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: August 27, 2020, 08:47:49 AM »
Every outrage? My man let's say there were 15 unarmed black people shot by police in the last month.

That number would take 100 years to even make a small dent in the amount of people dying at the camps in China in a week.

We know this is the worst genocide since the halocaust and the NBA and its players are perfectly okay with playing games in that country, as well as actively helping silence protests from it via fans.

And then you go and say they can't support every outrage. God damn...

Yep.  Just as I suspected.  You've found a way to diminish what they are doing.  So sad.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: August 27, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »

Yep.  Just as I suspected.  You've found a way to diminish what they are doing.  So sad.

Reasonable response to the deaths of millions. Nice!

• All American
« Reply #1443 on: August 27, 2020, 08:51:56 AM »
Reasonable response to the deaths of millions. Nice!

Yes.  You have a long and proud history of showing concerns about this topic previously.  It's literally be <checks watch> HOURS that you have brought this up because have such concern. 

I'm sure you aren't using this as a reason to diminish what the NBA players are doing.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: August 27, 2020, 08:57:22 AM »

Yes.  You have a long and proud history of showing concerns about this topic previously.  It's literally be <checks watch> HOURS that you have brought this up because have such concern. 

I'm sure you aren't using this as a reason to diminish what the NBA players are doing.

If you checked back through this NBA thread, I believe I did post about it when it was ongoing. But k.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: August 27, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
Guys, its okay to point out inconsistency without distracting.  If anything, I hope bringing up the current genocide in China elevates awareness of the situation.

I don't think it should or will diminish or distract from BLM movement, etc.

People are capable of acknowledging more than one injustice at a time.

I realize it does feel a little bit 'whataboutismy', and maybe it is.  Personally, I don't feel distracted from one injustice by learning about the other.

TLDR: 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: August 27, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »

In other words, All Lives Matter?

It's become almost impossible to tell actual people on the right from the bots, since they're all so on message.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1447 on: August 27, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »

The NBA handled the China situation terribly.
And that has zero relevance to the issue at hand. You raise it not because you give a single sh-- about people in China, but because you don't give a single sh-- about black people in America. You raise it for the sole purpose of trying to make deligitimate the righteous stance of the players and other people of color in this country.
It may be true that there's some hypocrisy on the league's part whe  it comes to China, but it pales compared to that of you and the whatabout army.

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: August 27, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »
If you checked back through this NBA thread, I believe I did post about it when it was ongoing. But k.

Did a search.  You have mentioned the word "China" four times in all of your posting history - only once was about the issues in Hong Kong - this morning.

"Genocide" once - again it was this morning.

"Hong Kong" once - not on this topic

I know the search function isn't the best here...but yeah.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: August 27, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »

Did you type this from a phone that most likely uses slave-like labor?

feedback